Basilo dying on single player for no reason.

Cryha

I play single player and my basilo are always fed, kept in moderately shallow water on Fjordur and inside a sealed "fish tank" under a couple ocean platforms. but whenever I go fight Broodmother, Megapithecus or the Dragon they always die while im fighting the boss. Nothing killed them or whathaveyou it just flashes up they were killed... This is the third time it has happened. The Dunkle, Mosa and Anglers in the same "fish tank" are all fine and none of my land dinos that are kept out have any issue either. Its just the Basilo. Any ideas why?

I think you should report this issue as a bug in the proper forumhttps://survivetheark.com/index.php?/bugs/

Maybe the complexity of fjordur with the realms etc and the single player hibernation mechanics trigger some kind of bug.

Basilo pressure damage can take hours to kill them if they are high hps, I explored the hidden ocean of the map without issues using a high hp basilo.

Edited by darkradeon

I dont know why this could happen. I can probably only give a bunch of farfetched concepts about what might have happened but Ill spare you those because they probably will only be confusing and too vague.
Only thing that I can see as a solution now is to put up a dino leash and have the Basilos on them on a short leash. (make sure the leash prevents them from emerging from the water 100%) Also have them well fed and as idle as possible.
(Action/Recovery ->stasus instant calculation -> Death)

All in all this is most likely a bug, so yeah, report it.

Edit: Ow yeah, did you see the bags? Their Bodies? Location/Stats? You can set Body and bodybag decay timers higher. Any indication there what might have happened?

Edited by SunsetErosion

T

On 6/24/2023 at 6:33 AM, SunsetErosion said:

I dont know why this could happen. I can probably only give a bunch of farfetched concepts about what might have happened but Ill spare you those because they probably will only be confusing and too vague.
Only thing that I can see as a solution now is to put up a dino leash and have the Basilos on them on a short leash. (make sure the leash prevents them from emerging from the water 100%) Also have them well fed and as idle as possible.
(Action/Recovery ->stasus instant calculation -> Death)

All in all this is most likely a bug, so yeah, report it.

Edit: Ow yeah, did you see the bags? Their Bodies? Location/Stats? You can set Body and bodybag decay timers higher. Any indication there what might have happened?

They were fully fed & full health etc before I left. The only reason they were out was due to my item collector collecting the oil they produce. I think im just going to cryo them next time I need to portal/change realms.

• 2 weeks later...