Story Order

GarlicWindow

1 hour ago, GarlicWindow said:

After The Island, is Genesis: Part 1 next, or Scorched Earth? Genesis: part 1 is the second map listed, but I heard that Genesis: Part 2 is the story's conclusion?? I've also heard that Extinction was the conclusion, so I'm really confused...

All DLC`s in order of release

Edit: paid DLC`s

7 hours ago, GarlicWindow said:

After The Island, is Genesis: Part 1 next, or Scorched Earth? Genesis: part 1 is the second map listed, but I heard that Genesis: Part 2 is the story's conclusion?? I've also heard that Extinction was the conclusion, so I'm really confused...

At one time, Extinction was going to be the conclusion but then WildCard realized they were making too much money to stop, so they extended the official story lore by two more maps.

If you only count paid maps it's:

The Island > Scorched Earch > Aberration > Extinction > Genesis Pt. 1 > Genesis Pt. 2

If you count all of the maps in the order they were released its:

The Island > The Center > Scorched Earch > Ragnarok > Aberration > Extinction > Valguero > Genesis Pt. 1 > Crystal Isles > Genesis Pt. 2 > Lost Island > Fjordur

Just a personal opinion, but my group has been playing through all of the maps in the game (not just the paid maps) and we like it better that way. You'll have to decide whether you want to pay the free DLC maps or not, it depends on how long you want to spend on your playthrough.

Also, you might find this page on the wiki useful, all sorts of info about the maps (and it shows the order they were published).

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Data_maps

8 hours ago, GarlicWindow said:

You are clearly new to the forum - and maybe new to Ark? Perhaps go look at some of the other threads in this forum about Ark having reached End Of Life before you go make huge plans around how you are going to proceed .... It may influence where (Single player / online {official, unofficial} ) you invest your time.

For one example -

10 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

You are clearly new to the forum - and maybe new to Ark? Perhaps go look at some of the other threads in this forum about Ark having reached End Of Life before you go make huge plans around how you are going to proceed .... It may influence where (Single player / online {official, unofficial} ) you invest your time.

For one example -

Uhhhh sure, if you count two or three years as "new" to ARK (however that's only ever been e playing The Island on repeat since until now I've never managed to Ascend). I may not have read a lot of the forums, but I am plenty aware of information on ARK itself. I've read every single official post thing from the developers on here. /nm

Archived