1 hour ago, SilverCroco said:

How do i vote?

you do it in the main community crunch post, it's community crunch 358. You get a ranked choice (1-10, 1 being your favourite, 10 being least) so make sure you're reading all the concepts!

While mechanics aren't always guaranteed, they heavily influence the way WC takes the creature, so it's a good judge of what the creature will do if added

• Thanks 1

Absoloutly love this idea i dont think its too over powered either being a giga trap wont matter just make it so you have to be lvl 65 to tame it same as the crystal wyverns cause its pretty easy to tame a giga as soon as you have metal dino gates anyway but still i love the idea this is defiantly my #1 vote

( even if it is availiable before lvl 65 its still not bad we have a desmo that increases taming speed and carcha that you could tame at lvl 1 anyway i love the idea and hope it gets into the game)

I calling rigged this goes from 5th place in forum reply and view wise to auto first place in votes.   Something is very wrong when all 4 of the favorites can't beat out a backdoor dino like this.  I would really like to know Why this took the lead in votes when it was a mid rank in the forum, that seriously stinks to high heaven as a rigged vote!

Edited by Arachia

Just now, Arachia said:

I calling rigged this goes from 5th place in forum reply and view wise to auto first place in votes something is very wrong when all 4 of the favorites can't beat out a backdoor dino like this.  I would really like to know Why this took the lead in votes when it was a mid rank in the forum, that seriously stinks to high heaven as a rigged vote!

Rhynio also pulled ahead when no body expected it, doesn't mean it was rigged. This was what is known as a "dark horse". 

1 minute ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Rhynio also pulled ahead when no body expected it, doesn't mean it was rigged. This was what is known as a "dark horse". 

one dark horse okay but something is up when so far EVERY creature submission is won by something that was either barely making it in the forum or mids rank best and the vote was way to skewed.   if most of the ppl that commented positively in the forums voted that way we see everything except the massive extra vote that I've been seeing on one creature in each vote set.  someone has been pulling a poop ton of extra votes in which is not hard you just need a extra fake email for each vote.  the only other possibility I see is someone at the game company is picking the winner and just making the resulting votes be added.  however since it looks like they used a third party i think it was the former and someone seriously cheated. 

Please understand I work as the professors assistant for a college (above the teacher's Aids and professor aids who are tutors and secretaries).   I TEACH college statistics and give private lessons to government officials so they can get passing grades.   One of the sections I have to make sure they understand is how to spot fake statistics.  These results had issues in past votes, but this time it's completely blown out.   There is no way that the results don't match the forum in all but one creature.   All the rest of the results matched the forum in the vote except this one creature that is not possible unless we had over 5000-8000 people that silently voted opposite what the view count in the forum would show.  that means that many people didn't look at the forum post at all before voting.  Given that I'm sure most people went to the forum viewed the creature before voting and looked at the ones they like more then the ones they didn't.  If we look at the votes the winner only got a little more at best or even less in each round until the end.  So its most of it increases in each round was at the start and very end.   this means that alot of votes were placed that placed it first and near last just a bit above the second placer.   This is against what we see in the forum and that is why I am saying this vote was broken by someone.

2 hours ago, TR-8R said:

Gah , it is another PVP creature , they gonna disable the ability to trap creatures in PVE so the only thing left is an oversized lizard that eat all the doedi that you gonna tame while having no real benefit of taming cus its main feature got disable..

I know this thing is basically going to be trash.  the top 4 had a cute spider with a net, a fast mobile base carry, a tank and build support, and a baby guard and breed support.  No we get the creature that was 5TH  OR SIXTH FORUM RANK that just might trap large creatures or just gobble everything you want to tame, because someone cheats and hacks the voting!  Seriously they should check the IP the votes came from, because unless a major group of 5k-8000 people voted without looking at the creatures on the forum something is seriously wrong here!

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

You should contact WildCard about it. Please. I have reached the same conclusion. I hated Stats as a subject while doing both my BA and BSc degrees, but I do remember how probability works. The results make more sense if you move the Fasolasuchus down a few places.

Rhyniognatha was not a "dark horse", though. It won specifically because most people placed it high in their queues and placed the beetle / gorgonops at the top and bottom to spite other voters (which meant neither was going to win). In this vote, I would say that Gigantoraptor should have won, with Maevia second and Moa third, based purely on historical data and previous voting trends.

Yes that is basically what my math says too, but the formulas for the stats are about ten pages long using all the numbers on the voting page and the Faso should have been dropped about 4th 5th round if you compare the results of EVERY OTHER CREATURE FOLLOW THE FORUM RANKING!  Even with Adding "Dark horse" there is just no way even from the view count for it to have placed more then 50% MORE STARTING OFF!  Its start was 30 time the standard deviation from what the forum view count would say is possible.

As to reporting to wildcard unfortunately the college would take forever to let me publish the results of the raw math and the math run through the programs we use here are unfortunately consider property of the college as well.  However anyone can pickup a college text book and do the math really it is only 10 pages because you have to do the math 20-30 times aka twice for each creature using the forum numbers and the published results and get the standard deviation aka how far from the expected value each creature was or should be in the voting. 

For the Faso the standard deviation was around 115, but the results was around 3000 from the next creature and 5000 from where the forum shows it should be.  Results like this is also how governments identify voting fraud at the lowest level aka a single party adding a huge amount of votes instead of just the one vote.  This is what has happened here.  The two things that could prove it is if the voting site records the ip address where the votes come from, so long a a major hacker that has access to thousands of machines all over the world wasn't involved.  for the voting site you just needed to create a email address to vote.  which anyone can easy create or have a program create thousands of addresses to make extra votes.  now if you also look at the voting address and they happen to be like random alphanumeric emails that no human would use that name like djhify83hrf or names like email1 email2 email3 aka emails that are obviously in a series that were created one after another.

I would really like someone to say they took a peek at the actual votes and where those votes came from to let us know once and for all if someone rigged the voting, because the math doesn't lie these results are NOT possible with how the forum numbers show.

I would also like to point out calling this a POORMANS BEARTRAP is really bad.  you need a ALOT of tranq darts, if you use a basic longneck, to tame say level 120+ doeds for a halfway decent one, which you then have to level in just health.  Or for using a rock elemental you need to a cannon and cannon balls or the MEK and launcher to tame one of those plus taming something with a platform saddle to move the cannon around, which the cost of cannons has gone sky high since the early game.   along with getting a high level saddle, which the best saddle you can get for doeds and rock elements have both had their stats nerfed so 30 armor is basically it.  Along with top tier kibble or alot of prime meat AND ALOT MORE tranq darts since its a heavy armor creature.   All this you basically kill a golem to have a creature to trap and tame golems maybe.  All this just for a creature whose only purpose is to trap large creature ON LAND and be heat resistant tank with mounted cannons.  WAIT THIS IS JUST A MAGMASUAR IN THE DESERT THAT CAN TRAP STUFF AND TAKES MORE Players to fire a shot, and can bury itself, and COST A INSANE AMOUNT TO TAME.   So all this is a copy of something already in the game with a slightly change in abilities!

Sorry felt i really need to say just how stupid this creature is to be added to the game instead of any of the 4 other top forum ranked creations that would of been a great help to most players.

Edited by Arachia

48 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

You can reach out to WildCard on Twitter (remember to tag the community managers). You don't / didn't need an email address to vote, by the way. But you still make a very good point. 

I'm not asking for brigading or whatever it's called, so please don't ban me mods.

well i did post on twitter the bug report or ticket post here won't work for me for some reason, don't normally use twitter so don't know how to tag someone

It won by a huge margin because 9-year-olds voted for it: "OMG IT LOOKS SO BLOODTHRISTY AND COOL" 

Overall I am quite happy becuase I like this creature, it was my 4th. I just wish WildCard would make it Rex-tier creature, like the Deinosuchus in Ark Additions, not a fodder crap like Sarco. I also hope that the ingame model will look more realistic.

Just now, akosmc5 said:

It won by a huge margin because 9-year-olds voted for it: "OMG IT LOOKS SO BLOODTHRISTY AND COOL" 

Overall I am quite happy becuase I like this creature, it was my 4th. I just wish WildCard would make it Rex-tier creature, like the Deinosuchus in Ark Additions, not a fodder crap like Sarco. I also hope that the ingame model will look more realistic.

no what we are saying is the only way the votes make sense is is 3000-5000 votes got cast without the source of the votes EVER looking at the forum.  aka the votes do not match either the forum view count for each creature or the reply count statistics.   nobody who made those votes ever looked at these pages because the views for each creature would have been alot different showing.  the stats for the previous votes was questionable, but got skewed due to careless people not understanding the system.  what we are asking for is a check on the voting because the results shown do not match the community forum statistics.

6 hours ago, Arachia said:

one dark horse okay but something is up when so far EVERY creature submission is won by something that was either barely making it in the forum or mids rank best and the vote was way to skewed.   if most of the ppl that commented positively in the forums voted that way we see everything except the massive extra vote that I've been seeing on one creature in each vote set.  someone has been pulling a poop ton of extra votes in which is not hard you just need a extra fake email for each vote.  the only other possibility I see is someone at the game company is picking the winner and just making the resulting votes be added.  however since it looks like they used a third party i think it was the former and someone seriously cheated. 

Please understand I work as the professors assistant for a college (above the teacher's Aids and professor aids who are tutors and secretaries).   I TEACH college statistics and give private lessons to government officials so they can get passing grades.   One of the sections I have to make sure they understand is how to spot fake statistics.  These results had issues in past votes, but this time it's completely blown out.   There is no way that the results don't match the forum in all but one creature.   All the rest of the results matched the forum in the vote except this one creature that is not possible unless we had over 5000-8000 people that silently voted opposite what the view count in the forum would show.  that means that many people didn't look at the forum post at all before voting.  Given that I'm sure most people went to the forum viewed the creature before voting and looked at the ones they like more then the ones they didn't.  If we look at the votes the winner only got a little more at best or even less in each round until the end.  So its most of it increases in each round was at the start and very end.   this means that alot of votes were placed that placed it first and near last just a bit above the second placer.   This is against what we see in the forum and that is why I am saying this vote was broken by someone.

"Every" is a stretch considering the very first vote had dinopithecus being popular before making it to the finals and barely making it in the end, desmodus was something players were always pretty open to liking the idea of to the point it had a fan dossier like carchara, and rhynio was a three time returning contestant. Using your job and credentials doesn't really sway the matter one way or the other considering this is the Internet and anyone can claim to be anything. Even your profession is what you claim and you're actually onto something with the cheating accusations we have no way of knowing. To date the only creature that was ever confirmed to have its votes padded with was p.atrox which was less tampering and more so using clout to shill to an audience. Now perhaps a repeat of the same occurred here, or perhaps not. Chances are it could just be the crowd that pulled for carchara twice saw another big carnivore and voted.