I don't see the interest in adding it. All the people who say that we need giant insects, we will soon have the ryniognatha, what is the point of wanting another insect op two months after the release of the rynio? Do you just want to put it in the closet two months after its release? In addition, I'm not a fan of the op aspect to then say, "wildcard will change them". I feel like you just want to lure children who only think about op stuff. If he wins, he will be modified to death and then you will cry that they have too nerfed the beast.

On 4/8/2023 at 10:19 PM, loudplatipus said:

I mean fare enough. If it does win i would at least like to see different varients like an ab version or an extinction version.

Didn't you understand the vote? It is a unique creature to scorched, it is useless to make it an aberration or extinction variant. In addition, how can you ask for such a bug for aberration? A flying war creature? It's the worst idea I've heard, you add that to aberration, I say, you're going to kill the dlc, with Drake rock,

Le 10/04/2023 à 05:28, fugi a déclaré :

autant que cette créature mérite une place dans le jeu. elle n'appartient pas à brûlé, ils feront très probablement un autre vote pour la réédition de l'aberration qui ferait plus de bien que dans brûlé, elle conviendrait à l'environnement, être le seul flyer (à l'exclusion des drakes) afin que plus de gens voudraient l'apprivoiser l'exosquelette peut arrêter le rayonnement afin que vous puissiez avoir accès à toutes les aberrations sans problème et pourrait rendre certaines parties de la zone verte et bleue un peu plus difficiles.

You just want to kill aberration, the concept of the dlc is NOT FLYERS. Drake rock is precisely to my taste one of the best creatures in the game by its adaptation aspect, it is the creature that facilitates the adventure the most and it's cool. You add instead a flying war machine capable of going anywhere, it's simple, you kill the Drake rock. Sorry but lazy to capture Drake rock just because it's cool, and tell me that it's useless because of a flying death bug.

Reasons I would not vote for this creature personally. Sorry.

1. It's basically a huge Dung Beetle. While this argument can be made for the Desmodus, Bloodstalker, Shadowmane and many other dinos and comparisons this creature actively invalidates a creature that already exists that is one of the cave creatures that has been given a purpose or is able to be used in any way that isn't outdated, weak or clumsy like the Araneo and Onyc. It us used to be a dino version of the Compost Bin. This creature doing that but better is just a complete strip of the purpose of the Dung Beetle. For what? A cannon upgrade that can shoot it as well as general effeciency per animal? This feels like a pointless part of the kit and I'll tell you why another version of the beetle would have been better in a bit.

2. This creature sadly has had some of its points used for the Rhyniognatha. We recently got an all-direction flying insect that can carry things like the Mek Suit or creatures etc. If the next creature is also an insect I'd would need to do something different. I don't see this one doing anything particularly interesting that wouldn't be some sort of tanking abilities or launching animals like the Gigantopithecus and Karkinos. 

3. This creature doesn't really offer any utility that is that interesting, and just kind of copies the Karkinos and then gives it low cost flight. You can also put guns on anything. The only interesting thing here is the poop cannon. Which I would say could be converted to a special ammo cannon that can use anything from Poop, to sand, to pheromone bombs made from the beetles pheromones to use more tactically. These could give it utility to be used for different effects.

Here's some ideas for ammo types.

- Poop, does a small to moderate damage and has the same effect as mesopithecus or chalicotherium poop.

- Sand, blasts the target with a column of sand, only useful at close to medium range, deals damage but mainly damages armor, used against people with high durability armor or to deal more damage to dinos with high armor saddles. This could even be used at close range if the saddle doesn't protect the rider to dismount riders on fliers coming in.

- Pheromone Bomb (Male), obscures enemy vision and reduces the damage of any enemies or are in the cloud by 50% for 15 seconds.

- Pheromone Bomb (Female), choking pheromones that slow an enemy that gets hit by the aoe cloud for 3 seconds.

- Bile Bomb, Ammonite bile made to send creatures into a frenzy, coats the targets for it to last longer if hit within the immediate splash.

I think the concept of the Bastion Beetle I read before was much better. This one just adds things from other dinos and doesn't even take advantage of a unique weapon type.

What if the beetles armor made it immune to bleed? Or even the poop effects of other creatures? What if it could use it to expand its shell like it was going to fly but instead blocked a greater area of fire behind it? What if the Beetle had some mystical significance added to it like the Scorched Earth creatures do and given a unique saddle that gives something ridiculous but adhering to the Khephri theme by reflecting sunlight at a creature to blind it momentarily or use solar power to charge power cells that can then be used to deploy tek shields along it's back or over it in a shell shape. This Is how its Tek Saddle could function.

For its general abilities, I think defensive pheromones are decent. But you need to make sure it doesn't do something stupid like bleed so it can kill Rock Golems or just be the ultimate Trike 3.0 that takes no damage and knocks everything back with its huge attacks.

Finding its larvae to tame in the wild, and the desert where all the nasties and Deathworms are isn't bad though. Good reason to go out there.

Just so everyone is aware (especially with how unrealistic this idea is) remember that we are voting for the animal itself not the concept, if you like a giant beetle then vote for this, same with any other creature suggested. WildCard will make many changes, yes it will take some inspiration from the ideas but not much at all.

3 hours ago, SkullWolf890 said:

Just so everyone is aware (especially with how unrealistic this idea is) remember that we are voting for the animal itself not the concept, if you like a giant beetle then vote for this, same with any other creature suggested. WildCard will make many changes, yes it will take some inspiration from the ideas but not much at all.

People who are upset by the concept are more than valid though. The concept is highly important in these votes, it influences what WC will do with the creature, because people are obviously voting for the mechanics in part.

Lots of people feel that the concept for the beetle has just been turned into vote bait, which completely removes the originality it had from previous votes. The main concern I have is, the suggestion just has so much bloat that it'll be difficult for WC to narrow down what people actually wanted if it were to win. Also, there's so many more new and interesting designs in the top 10! Beetle is a repeat and people want something fresh and exciting!

I'm saying all this as someone who voted beetle as #1 last vote

Edited by ashgcy

On 4/10/2023 at 2:36 AM, OnCue said:

Considering what happened to the Rynio which obviously wasn't to be the "sky giga", there is no way this would end up the way the post describes. These posts that try and bait people in with flashy titles and over the top suggestions need to stop, it's extremely misleading.

The pure fact that this creature has to be exagerated to such an extent says alot. Vote based on the creatures appearance and it's obvious inherant characteristics, the abilities are the last thing you should look at and should be taken with a grain of salt, especially depending on how OP they are.

Ijustsawthepictureandvotedforit

7 minutes ago, Arachia said:

Come ON PLEASE WIN THIS TIME.  MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THIS IN THE TOP OF YOUR VOTING SELECTIONS. 

Oops Caps but seriously we need a win on this guy he been so throughly fleshed out and a Cannon walker and flying minigun would be the coolest addition to the whole game. Plus new shoulder Baby!!!

Thanks,I agree 

• Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, Arachia said:

Come ON PLEASE WIN THIS TIME.  MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THIS IN THE TOP OF YOUR VOTING SELECTIONS. 

Oops Caps but seriously we need a win on this guy he been so throughly fleshed out and a Cannon walker and flying minigun would be the coolest addition to the whole game. Plus new shoulder Baby!!!

If the metamorphosis will be included, this will be unprecedented in gaming history, which ark will be the first game to have beetle along with it's  growing stages

• Like 1

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]-[Orginal]Desert Version Bastion Beetle
5 minutes ago, DarkRose98 said:

The reposter kinda messed up the beetles abilities, but I will still vote only for the beetle knowing wildcard will change its abilities. I really really hopes the beetle wins this time or get added as an extra creature to ark 

I changed all of the bail back to original yesterday

• Facepalm 1

On 4/7/2023 at 11:00 PM, Bronde said:

@

Scarabs are a beetle type. I would love to see this creatures saddle have some egyptian details 

Beetles are cool, I used to collect bunch of Dung Beetles especially Golden color tamed at max level and cloned. I would name them Scarabs. 

I just can't picture this type of beetle in the desert.. It looks like a forest beetle. I think it would look cool as an Extinction or Aberration Tame.

I've been playing the game since Beta and have a number of hours that is unhealthy. I chose the beetle. 

Every choice is made regarding the state of play and the desire to enrich the community experience. My choices were torn between the cute spider and this guy, ultimately, I chose the beetle.

PVE - Taming golems, cute shoulder taming methodology, and no other beetle type creature. Matches well with Egyptian themes and brings value to the objectively worst map in the game, Scorched Earth. Making this a SE exclusive tame to acquire will give more importance to the map that largely sucks and gives tribes a meta focused reason for being there.

PVP -

The entire community is riddled with hackers and cheatters, another armored dude is just what is needed. I'd say change the ammo type on the male to advanced pistol rounds and permit it, dossier wise, to be naturally oriented to threats, meaning it is a literal cheap turret (anti aimbot). This is useful because the front horn could provide protection from aimbotters as well, while you rain cheap hell on from your guy. You also could let him face threats (players) naturally and automatically.

Make the female beetle fire cannon balls as mentioned so that the usage of Tek in exposed defensive bases and terminals is required to be diverse to counter the cannoning from a burst speed mobile cannon that can be nested in spam. This causes strain on alphas who bully the community, and emboldens conflict that is healthy for a player base given the relatively cheap and easy ability to knock out externally needed defensive structures, stirring up conflict that validates skill.. While simultaneously offering great opportunities to really show your skill by pushing a few beetles off your much needed towers. especially with the glue ability being introduced with our favorite buggy boi, this makes the slowing beetles something of an easy nab if the attackers are unwise and largely unprepared. Having another net resistant creature is something to rejoice as well! 

I would highly suggest they receive the similar treatment the Andrew did with the armored compartment for the cannon female, as for the male, that front facing horn could really be put to use as a soaking tool if the rider was also insulated, making these beetles a sort of screw you to the aimbot monsters. Now for counters? The beetle could get a serious debuff when slowed, as well as when around a player with bug spray, will simply lose control and get a debuff. meaning those aimbotters actually have to get off their disgusting gamer chairs and get close, making sure that whatever skill they lack is shown up real hard while they're behind enemy lines >:). I could see fire weapons being extremely effective and doing uncapped percentage damage instead of capped, and causing damage to the riders inside. 

The additional heavy armor included is genius as well, I'd love to see an armor that CANT be used to rocket run and provides extreme resistance to aimbots and hacks.

Sadly, I didn't choose the spider because I simply don't see it being used to combat the real problem the community faces, although it is friggen cute.

• Thanks 1