Issues With New Chat Filter

Muucow

I get that it's Microsoft's filtering being utilized inside the game. But can't we get any sort of update from Wildcard on what actions are being taken to address this? Has Microsoft been made aware of this issue with its filter by someone? Are there any plans to patch the game to where the filtering algorithm is bypassed for XB/Win10 clients? Is anything in the pipeline to address this at all?

This has been happening for so long, in ASE and now ASA, and it is such a hindrance to such a large subset of the player base. I think I speak for that entire subset when I ask, can we please get some kind of communication regarding this issue?

19 hours ago, Redhawk said:

I get that it's Microsoft's filtering being utilized inside the game. But can't we get any sort of update from Wildcard on what actions are being taken to address this? Has Microsoft been made aware of this issue with its filter by someone? Are there any plans to patch the game to where the filtering algorithm is bypassed for XB/Win10 clients? Is anything in the pipeline to address this at all?

This has been happening for so long, in ASE and now ASA, and it is such a hindrance to such a large subset of the player base. I think I speak for that entire subset when I ask, can we please get some kind of communication regarding this issue?

there's at least one official bug report I was able to find about it from like december

• 2 weeks later...

100% annoying, I have got in the habit of typing things as /th to bi-pass the censor but it is still annoying to deal with. On an adult account we should just have the option to turn off censors across everything. If they want to censor child accounts that seems fine to me but not for adults. Or at minimum redo the filter list to actually filter stuff that makes sense. I play on the Xbox PC version since I already bought it(then they added it to gamepass *eyeroll*). I don't want to have to rebuy on steam just to get rid of this crap.

Edited by DaedricAngel

19 hours ago, Scheneighnay said:

I should mention that that censor doesn't exist on the Xbox client proper, so it's unlikely it's deliberate.

This. I don't experience the same problem on any other games on game pass. It might have "Something" to do with Xbox filters but it must be down to WCs application of filter compatibility.

21 hours ago, TonyTempah said:

Ok people, there is no point wanging on about this in general discussions. This link is where the DEVs look...

We need a "pile-on" on this bug report. So, get everyone you know with this problem to reply to it or ain't, not, nothing going to happen!

At this point, mentioning it in multiple places is the only other avenue that a lot of us see. There have been dozens of bug reports about it already. Some of them have a bunch of comments specifically listing what is being filtered, and how it is affecting words like managarmr and black and lol and the, and so on and so on.

My take on the dev's non-response to this major issue is, they have no idea how to fix it, or they do and a fix would be very difficult involving a coordinated effort with Microsoft devs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redhawk said:

At this point, mentioning it in multiple places is the only other avenue that a lot of us see. There have been dozens of bug reports about it already. Some of them have a bunch of comments specifically listing what is being filtered, and how it is affecting words like managarmr and black and lol and the, and so on and so on.

My take on the dev's non-response to this major issue is, they have no idea how to fix it, or they do and a fix would be very difficult involving a coordinated effort with Microsoft devs.

"Somebody" reliable told me that practically the only thing the Devs look at, currently, is the bug reports. When a report gets a few pages long it becomes an annoying niggle (can't say that in chat!).

• Like 1