leveling up tanked hard and now its way to slow

DeidaraGh

SO i been playing in a pve public server the island map (i have at least 150 hours on this character)  lvling up started nice and smooth then i  reached lvl 70 or so and my exp tanked so hard  to the point i  don't have enough point for engrams i tried killing alpha building  rafts mega structures and tamed a lot of dinos nothing really helped,  my main base is a treehouse  in the forest center of the map . ps : i didn't do any of the caves or story stuff. pls tell me if i am doing something wrong and if you got any suggestions  thks 

If you mean by "Story stuff" the exploring notes, they are realy giving a good boost for xp during a limited time.
If you have a giga breeding pair (just a crappy pair will do) hatch as much eggs as possible and kill the babies. We had a special fridge full of Kennies, during events we do our own "OMG, they killed Kenny!" mini event every time someone needs leveling 👹
Don't forget to pet your lystro's as often as posible.

But yes, the first 60~70 levels are easy. After it is getting realy slow.

6 hours ago, DeidaraGh said:

SO i been playing in a pve public server the island map (i have at least 150 hours on this character)  lvling up started nice and smooth then i  reached lvl 70 or so and my exp tanked so hard  to the point i  don't have enough point for engrams i tried killing alpha building  rafts mega structures and tamed a lot of dinos nothing really helped,  my main base is a treehouse  in the forest center of the map . ps : i didn't do any of the caves or story stuff. pls tell me if i am doing something wrong and if you got any suggestions  thks 

You need 3 things.....1.) you need a broth of enlightenment.
2.) 5-7 gas masks
3.) a frog, preferably high level, and maybe even imprinted, but its up to you. Or a megatherium

Get the creatures melee up to 700% or better, and then the rest into health. After all the health levels, give your creature some time to heal or force feed them meat to speed the process up.
Get the masks and broth, go to the swamp cave, drink the broth, then slap or lick some bugs. The swamp cave has some of the highest leveled creatures on the island that can be killed easier than other stupid high level creatures. By using a frog or a megatherium they take reduced damage from the bugs and deal additional damage to insect types. Ontop of that, if your in need of a small fortune of past, the frog is absolutely a paste making machine when going through the swamp cave. However the megatherium will become black boxed in chiten in a full sweep of the cave, so if you want that instead for an ascendent argy saddle or something, its a great option. 
The last reason for the swamp cave, there are 5? 6?? different loot drop spawn points and two of those are red. Meaning you can get some of the best BP's offered in the game here. Rex saddles, giga saddles, quetz....large crop plot XD

In the mean time, you will see yourself level up fairly quickly. I got a guy from level 1-67 in about two hours. But we took longer due to the fact an Arthropleura broke his gas masks. We only brought 3 each, so my bad. I shoulda cooked up 8 each. But it seemed like the ark gods was playing unfair anyhow.

i agree, the later levels take a lot longer.

the two methods i use:

industrial grinders give xp when grinding stone into flint or wood into thatch.  if you have the means to build one it can be a decent amount of exp.

hunting alphas.  this is a good one as you can level a chibi while you gain levels as well. 

both of these methods can be enhanced by looking for an explorers note to help buff the xp gain.

if the issue is being out of engrams, you may just need a mindwipe potion.  if you haven't looked at that option i would think about it.

11 hours ago, DeidaraGh said:

pls tell me if i am doing something wrong and if you got any suggestions  thks 

You're not doing anything wrong, that's just how the game is designed.

If you look at the leveling table on the Wiki you'll see that the XP requirements jump steeply around Lvl 70.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Leveling#Levels_and_Ascensions

To level up after Lvl 70 you have to focus on activities that give more XP, crafting/making things like walls & rafts simply won't do that much anymore.

Rather than repeat what other people have said in this thread I'm just going to suggest that you read the "Levelling Methods" on the wiki and then choose which ones you want to focus on now that you're higher level.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Leveling#Levelling_Methods

p.s. One crafting technique that is still useful at higher levels is using a chem bench to make (lots of) narcotics. If you build a large garden with lots of narcoberry plots (and by "lots" I mean 30 plots or more) you can spend some time each day using your chem bench to get some XP. In terms of the amount of XP you get for the amount of time you spend it's a pretty efficient method. And, of course, the reason this works is that you would also want to spend some time each day doing a meat run so that you have plenty of meat to spoil for making narcs. If you combine meat runs + narc making it will provide you with a consistent, dependable XP gain each time you play.

Like others have said use those methods to get up to level 131. After 131 there's a HUGE xp increase for every level. The only reliable way to level after this point is giga exp parties. Which basically means saving all gigas from mass breeding that you don't plan on raising until you have hundreds and then killing them with as many xp buffs as you can stack.

Archived