Jump to content

Singleplayer Settings for beginners


ZarkataWe
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ctmtank420 said:

All depends on what kind of time you have. Dino settings should be left alone, and player setting, I would say up your weight. Mainly it is choice though. Do you like easy or difficult?

Well it is going to be my fist proper singleplayer playtrough and i know the game is difficult so i'd like it to be easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ZarkataWe said:

What are some good singleplayer settings for a beginner player.

I honestly think the best way to play through ark as a brand new player, is to go with the default settings, check to see if single player settings is checked, check the box for "show player position on map",  and then just play the game normally.
The dino's won't spawn in at lvl 150, so its a bit of a bummer, and you will be dealing with cryopod sickness a bit later on in the game, but switching it over to PVE mode will not let you pick up wild creatures with an argy, which is a big sucks eggs, but if your new to the game and just starting out, thats nothing to worry about right now.
Now if you want to increase harvesting and taming and other stuff, do so at your own discretion cause bumping anything like that changes the game up real quick and makes it feel a little cheaty. I tried adjusting health and melee damage on tamed creatures, could kill a giga with a frog....the novelty is fun at first, but kills off the challange and then you get bored of the game real quick.

The only thing I would offer to help you any further than that is the breeding and mature rate for babies, but its up to you if you wanna deal with it or not. On SP settings, breeding will still be boosted a bit. Especially on boosted weekends and events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I started, I tried default settings and I nearly went crazy, it wasn't even funny. I only started making progress after someone suggested looking up "best single player settings" on youtube, and I think that's still a good starting point. Watch a couple of videos and if the vibe you get is "helpful but not too crazy" go with these and gradually lower them if you feel you're breezing through the game too much. The point is to have fun, after all. Also, on Single Player you'll encounter the bug that makes dinos and resources disappear little by little and leaves you on a ghost map. Lowering the respawn period accordingly can help you with that (resource nodes need to have respawned before you log off). For dinos, perform dino wipes regularly or add the -preventhibernation launch parameter if you're on Steam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, riceandvegetable said:

When I started, I tried default settings and I nearly went crazy, it wasn't even funny. I only started making progress after someone suggested looking up "best single player settings" on youtube, and I think that's still a good starting point. Watch a couple of videos and if the vibe you get is "helpful but not too crazy" go with these and gradually lower them if you feel you're breezing through the game too much. The point is to have fun, after all. Also, on Single Player you'll encounter the bug that makes dinos and resources disappear little by little and leaves you on a ghost map. Lowering the respawn period accordingly can help you with that (resource nodes need to have respawned before you log off). For dinos, perform dino wipes regularly or add the -preventhibernation launch parameter if you're on Steam.

Default helps to avoid elongated tameing timers and makes it a little easier to deal with some of this n that, however I must admit that I found it better to have max 150 dino's later on. In fact I found it much easier when I compare argies from default settings. I could kill alpha rexs, fly accross the map.....default, you don't wanna do that and can't do that. So its a toss up in that area.

I absolutely agree with the respawn timer, but if your new, its something to worry about later when you have started to get the hang of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2021 at 6:51 PM, wizard03 said:

Default helps to avoid elongated tameing timers and makes it a little easier to deal with some of this n that, however I must admit that I found it better to have max 150 dino's later on. In fact I found it much easier when I compare argies from default settings. I could kill alpha rexs, fly accross the map.....default, you don't wanna do that and can't do that. So its a toss up in that area.

I absolutely agree with the respawn timer, but if your new, its something to worry about later when you have started to get the hang of things.

Another question. Ive seen a lot of youtubers have max level 180 dinos. How do i get that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ZarkataWe said:

Another question. Ive seen a lot of youtubers have max level 180 dinos. How do i get that?

not sure about the 180's....I know if you check the box marked "maximum difficulty" regular dinos will spawn at 150, and tek dinos will go all the way up to 175?
Me thinks its either a cheat, or a mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 12:40 PM, wizard03 said:

not sure about the 180's....I know if you check the box marked "maximum difficulty" regular dinos will spawn at 150, and tek dinos will go all the way up to 175?
Me thinks its either a cheat, or a mod.

Its not. I looked it up and saw i needed to add OvverideOfiicialDifficulty=6 (difficulty times 30 is the max level dino so 6x30=180)in my gameusersettings.ini and then in game use the command destroywilddinos to kill all the old low level dinos then after about 10 minutes the world is full with max lvl 180 dinos. I tried it and it worked.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, ZarkataWe said:

Its not. I looked it up and saw i needed to add OvverideOfiicialDifficulty=6 (difficulty times 30 is the max level dino so 6x30=180)in my gameusersettings.ini and then in game use the command destroywilddinos to kill all the old low level dinos then after about 10 minutes the world is full with max lvl 180 dinos. I tried it and it worked.

That's not the official settings. If that's what you are going for.

Max official dinos are 150 with the tek dinos maxing at 180. OvverideOfiicialDifficulty=5 is what officials are set at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

That's not the official settings. If that's what you are going for.

Max official dinos are 150 with the tek dinos maxing at 180. OvverideOfiicialDifficulty=5 is what officials are set at.

Who exactly cares what the official settings are. The point is having fun. If having fun means i want 300 lvl dinos then so be it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, ZarkataWe said:

Who exactly cares what the official settings are. The point is having fun. If having fun means i want 300 lvl dinos then so be it

I certainly don't care what you set your setting at. I was just letting you know what officials are. Set it at 9000.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I started playing, my research into this subject led me to picking a combination of singleplayer and small tribe rules as a standard for what a solo player who wants the intended experience without the advantages of community needs:

Single Player Settings: Unchecked (I think the imprint, damage done and damage resistance boosts for tames is excessive and undesirable)

Player XP: X2 (On servers, you have shared xp. Makes sense to have this slightly boosted)

Harvesting: X3 (Small tribe settings)

Taming: X3 (Small Tribes settings)

MatingIntervalMultiplier: 0.0001 (You don't have the advantage of cooldowns running down while you're offline, that means that where as a server player breeds his creatures on day 1, and next day or two, they're ready to breed again; a solo player has to wait 48 hours spent in-game. That's a bit insane and could be two weeks or a month of gameplay.)

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier: x32 (Derived from the Single Player settings)

BabyMaturationSpeedMultiplier: x32 (Same as above)

CuddleIntervalMultiplier: 0.025 (This setting has to be reduced reciprocally by whatever factor you've used on BabyMaturation, so slightly less than 1/32)

Difficulty: 1.0/5.0 (they're the same thing depending on whether you're playing an offline game or have your own server AFAIK)

 

This would make it so that your game is as difficult as it is intended to be, but the grindy bits that are intended for multiple people in a tribe to handle together are sped up in line with what has been intended in the single player mode.

Some other QOL changes:

1. Stacksize Multiplier:

2. Super Structures/Structures Plus if you have access to Steam

3. Awesome Spyglass (Steam Mod)

4. Custom Dino Levels (Steam Mod)

5. DIno Storage v2 (Steam Mod: A better more reliable and more convenient alternative to cryopods)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 8:54 PM, LithiumFlower said:

When I started playing, my research into this subject led me to picking a combination of singleplayer and small tribe rules as a standard for what a solo player who wants the intended experience without the advantages of community needs:

Single Player Settings: Unchecked (I think the imprint, damage done and damage resistance boosts for tames is excessive and undesirable)

Player XP: X2 (On servers, you have shared xp. Makes sense to have this slightly boosted)

Harvesting: X3 (Small tribe settings)

Taming: X3 (Small Tribes settings)

MatingIntervalMultiplier: 0.0001 (You don't have the advantage of cooldowns running down while you're offline, that means that where as a server player breeds his creatures on day 1, and next day or two, they're ready to breed again; a solo player has to wait 48 hours spent in-game. That's a bit insane and could be two weeks or a month of gameplay.)

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier: x32 (Derived from the Single Player settings)

BabyMaturationSpeedMultiplier: x32 (Same as above)

CuddleIntervalMultiplier: 0.025 (This setting has to be reduced reciprocally by whatever factor you've used on BabyMaturation, so slightly less than 1/32)

Difficulty: 1.0/5.0 (they're the same thing depending on whether you're playing an offline game or have your own server AFAIK)

 

This would make it so that your game is as difficult as it is intended to be, but the grindy bits that are intended for multiple people in a tribe to handle together are sped up in line with what has been intended in the single player mode.

Some other QOL changes:

1. Stacksize Multiplier:

2. Super Structures/Structures Plus if you have access to Steam

3. Awesome Spyglass (Steam Mod)

4. Custom Dino Levels (Steam Mod)

5. DIno Storage v2 (Steam Mod: A better more reliable and more convenient alternative to cryopods)

 

Thanks for the help. I mixed your settings and your mods with somr other goides and got a pretty good experience so far. Now the grind for an industrial forge begins.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...