egg farms

GameFreak

44 minutes ago, Bain said:

Wasn't the stasis thing removed? Or changed so it's not the case anymore? I've personally watched many eggs being laid in front of me and while I'm just inside my base (so they aren't in stasis) 

Sorry I had it wrong- in addition to seeing it happen front of me on a server with just me alone playing I've come back from a metal farming to have lots of eggs too. Not SP but alone on a MP server (my own rented one) 

ive been reading the wiki and apparently its been confirmed that all dino's have a timer for eggs, supposedly they all have the same time for the timer which with a mate boost is 17 mins and when the timer reaches zero there is a percent chance that they will drop an egg, no clue what the percent is though, and if you have an oviraptor both the timer and the percentage get a boost, the timer gets reduced to 11 mins 30 secs and again i dont know what the percentage for the egg drop chance is so i have no clue what it would be.  but i have no clue about the details for the stasis thing at all, although most people are saying the dino's are out of stasis while a player is nearby and the egg timer only counts down while they are out of stasis.

20 minutes ago, Davidtribe said:

Just thought I'd chime in. Idk why exactly but my parasaurses is asexual lol. It has no mates yet continues to lay eggs. 

All the females lay eggs regardless if a male is around or not. With one, they seem to lay more often.

The rex tends to have her eggs land quite far from her.

One thing in common, the larger the dino, the longer the time between eggs. The bronto and Rex take the longest. I have seen my trike have two eggs under her after I return from a day of gathering. The tamed female Dodos are laying eggs on a regular basis. There is still one wild female in the pen.

• Volunteer Moderator

my egg farm has worked out very well, and i dont have that many dino's really. when crafting in base i do seem to get alot more eggs especially since now i have ovi's spread out covering all the dinos. there have been instances where i return to camp and there are egg'splosions tho (pic in my gallery of rexes droppin 4). i try to stick with taming only one male of a species, then typically 3-4 females, get everybody lined up and at the correct height to be able to run under their tails and i'll just do loops around camp grabbing eggs like a madman....lol

if anyone cares the gallery i put up has some screens of my farm at different stages, and i will be adding to it

15 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

my egg farm has worked out very well, and i dont have that many dino's really. when crafting in base i do seem to get alot more eggs especially since now i have ovi's spread out covering all the dinos. there have been instances where i return to camp and there are egg'splosions tho (pic in my gallery of rexes droppin 4). i try to stick with taming only one male of a species, then typically 3-4 females, get everybody lined up and at the correct height to be able to run under their tails and i'll just do loops around camp grabbing eggs like a madman....lol

if anyone cares the gallery i put up has some screens of my farm at different stages, and i will be adding to it

Hey sorry to be off topic but after looking at your pictures I was curious what your computer specs are and what kind of fps you get (low, average, high) if you don't mind me asking.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, zoglike said:

Hey sorry to be off topic but after looking at your pictures I was curious what your computer specs are and what kind of fps you get (low, average, high) if you don't mind me asking.

Main Rig: {i7 4820K@4.2ghz}{AsusX79 Sabertooth}{32gb Vengeance 1866mhz}{512gb CorsairSSD}{EVGA GTX-TitanX-12gb Hybrid}{EVGA G2-1300wPSU}{Corsair H100i}{Corsair 800D}

typically see 30-35 in the wild, 18-20 in camp. while some may consider those numbers poor, it is still quite smooth and looks amazing, which is really all that matters to me 

21 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

Main Rig: {i7 4820K@4.2ghz}{AsusX79 Sabertooth}{32gb Vengeance 1866mhz}{512gb CorsairSSD}{EVGA GTX-TitanX-12gb Hybrid}{EVGA G2-1300wPSU}{Corsair H100i}{Corsair 800D}

typically see 30-35 in the wild, 18-20 in camp. while some may consider those numbers poor, it is still quite smooth and looks amazing, which is really all that matters to me 

Damn at 4k you really can't complain about those numbers.

On 12/29/2015 at 10:53 PM, keightley60 said:

just make a pen with loads of dodo. i gets eggs soo quick.

Dodos are good for eggs that your character can store for food on extended trips into the Snow Biome or elsewhere while using a raft or large pet. You don't even have to tame them. Just pick them up with a ptera and drop them into a pen with a feeding trough. Unlike the other wild dinos, penned wild Dodos don't seem to mind when younpick up their eggs.

Only disadvantage with a pen of wild Dodos, They can all or mostly vanish after several hours of gameplay.

I now keep several tamed ones in the pen.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, drofrehter said:

Oh wasn't aware of that. Well dang. I guess it's a waiting game then. Maybe try to have a scorpion army and hope the larger quantity increases the drop chance?

i have 1 male with 7 females in a circle around him, typically get 8-15 eggs per play session, sometimes more. the more boosted females you have the more eggs will drop:D 

Egg drops run on a set 2 minute cycle that all dinos follow.  A non-mated dino has a 1% chance each cycle.  A mated has a 2% chance.  They have to be rendered by the server which means a player close enough for the server to load them.  Eggs can glitch through a foundation or the ground.  Many times a "non-laying" dino just needs to be moved to a less glitchy spot.  I had 24 females and 1 male scorpion and got enough for a rex daily at minimum, usually much more.  

10 females is enough for a 120 rex every 2 days.

Archived