ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Hi, I have three questions:

1. Will you increase the amount of penguins/kairukus an the The Center map, so we can get easier/more organic polymer? For example spawn more penguins/kairukus on the both snow mountains.

2. Will you fix the problem transfering ARK data from one unofficial server to another? At the moment there seems to be a bug that when you put to much items in it they get lost and the complete system is broken. I was able to transfer the items between two of my servers until I added to much items and now even after reinstalling ARK on a separate hard drive it is broken. On single player I can see at least some of the items. But only when I access the obelisk inventory serveral times. It's kind of weird.

3. Will you add ranks with privileges to alliances? It would be really neat to set some peaple of the allianced tribe into a group so they can open your doors, ride your dinos, acces the invetory, ...! This would be a real alliance.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you put the Brontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Quetzalcoatlus on the Titanosaur platform? I use a Brontosaurus platform for moving my Dinosaurs whenever i need to mass-move my whole base and the Giganotosaurus, Quetzal, and other Brontosaurs will not fit on another Brontosaurus. I figured they were too big for the Bronto, but the Titanosaur should be big enough to carry these three, right?

7 hours ago, Shocksamurai said:

hey guys i love this game more than a Thylacoleo love to eat a tender ark survivor baby,

could we please have a hover "D" key drop item function similar to the hover "T" key transfer item. it would make clearing berries and rotten meat from inventory much easier.

Use O to drop a stack immediately.

Could you add a separate volume slider for the environmental sounds? Or at least make them easily moddable in the Devkit?

Any ETA for the Pachyrhinosaurus, it's my favorite dinosaur and I'm eagerly waiting for it?

When are the multiple quickbars coming? I seriously don't have enough slots for all my craftable items, weapons, tools, etc.which makes building stuff awfully slow.

16 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Will Platform based creatures ever get encumbered by other dinos that are carrying too much weight? (either carried or on it's back)

Will there be a speed and stamina drain associated with the platform creature moving? (the heavier the load the quicker the stamina drain and slower it gets)

Will Dinosaurs receive a base weight so that the weight needs to be determined, not the dinosaur type when picked up by a flyer?

New weapon --- Mortar for siege warfare?

Can we get an animal that essentially makes re-fertiliser, but only for plants and trees, not other resource nodes? (suggestion, the Diprotodon - The Thylacoleo could have hunted it in real life which is already to be in the game.)

The ability to hold a torch and a weapon / tool at the same time?

They have some weight for platform creatures, but only that

The rest are pretty great questions!

A cool feature that could be added is seasons. If you ever change the spawning areas of creatures only to specific areas then you could have them migrate. For example, If it were to become winter time in the northern area then you could have creatures migrate down south or even add a hibernation mechanic.

Just an idea you might want to look into, keep up the great work Team Wildcard! :D

Any plans to expand or alter the usefulness of Tribe Alliances?  Alliance chat?  At Least Some Shared XP?  Alliance Rideable dinos?  (Able to designate a dino for alliance use)  Alliance Dino Breeding?

Sometimes you want some of tribe benefits, but whilst having the easy separation of dino/structures/and tribe management.  We like to play in smaller tribes, but ally with each other for caves.  Shared XP and Sharing some Dinos would be an awesome addition to alliances.

Cheers,

Mork.

Will we see more types of Booby Traps? ( Hidden Trap Doors for multi-story buildings, Shot Gun Rigged doors, C4 / Narc rigged boxes, 1x1 spikes that can be placed on ceilings / floors, Spring loaded rope traps that hangs the captive upside down in a tree, snares, falling rocks, boulders or logs, pressure plates etc.... )

Can Traps be made to only be triggered by enemies or wild dinos?

Would you consider letting animals mating try to stay near each other? At the moment they often wander away from each other, losing mating progress unless you have a quite small enclosure or stand there spamming the 'u'-key.

What about a filtering function in the learned/unlearned engram list? It would be helpful to only show unlearned or learned, but other possibilities are to sort by type/alphabetically, show prerequisites for the selected engram, or things like that.

How about, when pressing the use key on a fence foundation, in addition to the currently only option Demolish, adding two new options: Lower and Raise that move the fence foundation one position down or up, respectively, just as when we're building foundations on top of eachother? That way, we don't have to lose so many resources (from building and removing fence foundations until we get the right height) when trying to align the fence height.

i really want to make a fishtank in my home is there a way to net fish and bring them to another body of water or a "fishtank". Also was wondering if we can ever pick up an angler or megladon with a quetz to move from one body of water to another. You guys have stated that dune buggy and speed boat are likely going to be added further on, what about maybe a big tanker that can fit a mosa so you can transport it across land to a lake.

Could we get a server setting multiplier that affects the amount of food a dino eats in a single bite, while taming? I would like to use this setting in conjunction with the taming multiplier, to make it take more resources to tame a dino, but far a less time. Instead off 100 meat for a level 50 it would be like 1000 meat but the dino would be able to eat all 1000 meat at once. Thus making it more difficult to gather resources together but not take ages to do the actual taming part. Could this be possible? If so when can we see this setting. 

Can you please make the titanosaur really hard to bring down? i.e. where you will need half the server working together to tame it? I think anything that encourages collaboration will be good for the game.

Can we have a dragon that will be able to turn metal into ingots with its fire breath?! And a bird that you can mount that is good both in the air and underwater?

Could we get a dino gate that opens horizontally? i.e. like a giant trap door? I'm thinking this would be a nice feature for flyers.

Lastly can we have a better looking bed? I'm in the process of building a castle and a king sleeping in a bunk bed doesn't do much for my image!

Many thanks

• Jen unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Jen pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived