Decay rate on Loadout and Taxidermy bases

Ganelon

I was setting up my base with both loadouts and the tax bases, and on a whim I checked the decay timers... and both are set to 4 days.

That is way too low for what they are. I would think the taxbase should be stone (12 days) and the loadout should be the same as a storage box, as they keep valuable inventory.

As it is... if you set up loadout boxes on multiple maps, you need to refresh them every 4 days or lose the contents.

Any thoughts?

Some items have timers that are kind of irrelevant as they will stay as long as the thing they are attached to, like wood ladders on stone pillars. The wood ladder would normally have a wood decay time of 8 days but since its connected to a stone pillar its going to stay till the stone decays in 12 days. Not sure if the loadout mannequin works that way too but I hope it does. Also the taxidermy bases Ive had up have for sure have not decayed in 4 days so Id assume those are extended based on what floor they are on as well.

12 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Some items have timers that are kind of irrelevant as they will stay as long as the thing they are attached to, like wood ladders on stone pillars. The wood ladder would normally have a wood decay time of 8 days but since its connected to a stone pillar its going to stay till the stone decays in 12 days. Not sure if the loadout mannequin works that way too but I hope it does. Also the taxidermy bases Ive had up have for sure have not decayed in 4 days so Id assume those are extended based on what floor they are on as well.

That's good to know. I had not really used the tax base outside my main base, which I tend to return to from the other servers. I suppose I can drop the loadout on my least frequented base(I visit once a week to refresh, but it is still a keeper) and just test. Good point regarding the wooden ladders.

1 hour ago, Ganelon said:

That's good to know. I had not really used the tax base outside my main base, which I tend to return to from the other servers. I suppose I can drop the loadout on my least frequented base(I visit once a week to refresh, but it is still a keeper) and just test. Good point regarding the wooden ladders.

Im not sure about this going to workout out for you, but I think if you want valuable items to be save, just keep an eye out for them and reset timers. Those taxidermy station might not despawn. But they will be allowed for demolishing when their timers are down to 0. They draw attention a lot more then every pillar with wooden ladders for griefers...

3 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Im not sure about this going to workout out for you, but I think if you want valuable items to be save, just keep an eye out for them and reset timers. Those taxidermy station might not despawn. But they will be allowed for demolishing when their timers are down to 0. They draw attention a lot more then every pillar with wooden ladders for griefers...

I hear you... but one of the reasons I grind metal for a base is to not have to deal with short timers. Just in case I want to go away for a week, you know? 

Honestly, I'd use wood more as the aesthetic is preferable for many pieces of a build.

That being said, I would always put a loadout inside a structure so as not to risk someone else demoing it.

Archived