Structure Timer?

Woody714

Usually it doesn't show the decay timer for a person's own structures but it could be different on console. Normally it's 4 days for thatch, 8 days for wood, 12 days for stone, 16 days for metal, and 35 days for tek. In order for your structures to decay completely though you would have to stop logging in for 12 full days (assuming your structures are stone). As long as you keep logging in on time your stuff will never disappear and the timer will keep pretty much at 12 days everytime you see it. Those are official server settings anyway, for singleplayer I don't think time actually passes in-game while you're not in the game.

5 hours ago, Woody714 said:

I was looking down at Larry, Moe, Curly and Valkyrie...my baby Argies from 2 eggs, when I noticed a timer on the ceilings they were standing on. It read 12:00:00:00. Does this mean my entire base will implode in 12 months?

It's twelve days, by the way, not 12 months, Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds. But since you're playing single-player that doesn't mean calendar days, it means if you played for 288 hours of game time without ever going near your base then that ceiling would despawn. That would only happen if you built something elsewhere on the map, forgot about it, and didn't go back for a long time.

In case you're interested, you can disable that in a config file, then you never have to worry about any building pieces despawning.

Filename = GameUserSettings.ini

If you have your game set to use PvE settings then you set

bDisableStructureDecayPvE=1

or if you have it set to PvP settings then you set

PvPStructureDecay=0

I don't know how you get to your GameUserSettings.ini file on console, have never owned one, but if you don't already know how I'm sure you can look it up.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:28 PM, Laveyan said:

Usually it doesn't show the decay timer for a person's own structures but it could be different on console. Normally it's 4 days for thatch, 8 days for wood, 12 days for stone, 16 days for metal, and 35 days for tek. In order for your structures to decay completely though you would have to stop logging in for 12 full days (assuming your structures are stone). As long as you keep logging in on time your stuff will never disappear and the timer will keep pretty much at 12 days everytime you see it. Those are official server settings anyway, for singleplayer I don't think time actually passes in-game while you're not in the game.

it's 20days for tek structures, the tek transmitter, generator, tek troughs run longer though.  PIllars, ceilngs, foudations..... those are at 20days.

Archived