Traveling between servers and server crash

Egor

Hello,

Our server keep crashing every hour and keep rolling back unpredictable. ( F.Y.I Our server crash details )

I need help, answering two questions:

1 What happens if I travel to another server, but originating server crash and roll back to previous save? Will it duplicate my character? And what do I supposed to in this case if yes?

2 What happen if soon after my travel back to home server my home server will crash and roll back? Will it erase my character and will I lose it? And what do I supposed to in this case if yes?

Please advise, as we going to do boss on other server and presence is required.

If character duplicates that is great you have a spare lol just dont try to transfer said character to same server as other one or you will lose it, I have two which is handy because my character on one map can upload to ob and then i quit and go to other map and access items.

if you transfer and there is a roll back it wont roll character back to that server so dont worry, mine duped when i tried to transfer to a map and there was a big lag spike and no matter what i did it wouldnt transfer, then some nice person on server said sounds like your character as duped so i logged off and onto other map and character was there too.

On 3/6/2021 at 12:07 AM, Egor said:

2 What happen if soon after my travel back to home server my home server will crash and roll back? Will it erase my character and will I lose it? And what do I supposed to in this case if yes?

When the server gets back up, you will get a spawn screen as if you have died.

You will spawn naked and everything you had on you will be gone.

Sometimes, you will also spawn without a tribe, which means no access to your tribe or any of your stuff unless someone on your tribe manages to invite you back in. Solo tribes are pretty much screwed unless people have back up accounts.

IF the server you left rolls back to before you left, but your character is on the new server - your character will not duplicate.  It could leave a body of your char there, but it will have no implant and will essentially just be a body bag. 

If the server you transfered to, crashes right after you joined - one of 2 things could occur - your char is lost completely, or the system catches the character and regenerates a copy of it to the server.  Most likely if the character is saved this way - all items on the character will be lost, and possibly have no tribe affililation.  If you had a tribe and base on that server, transfereing off and back again should fix the connection to the tribe and bases.

Crashing is swiftly becoming my biggest issue. Easily 90% of the time I transfer (and I transfer many times a session) I get kicked back to the title screen. My inventory has been wiped once and I lost my best dragon and tropeo, plus a fat kit.

Spent an entire day getting a bloodstalker (dont even want to get into how bugged and laggy gen is), making mush brew, and making a hazard suit because I wanted to go for a drake egg.

Transfer over to ab and crash 200 feet up in the air mid-swing on the BS over the blue zone. Thought for sure I was toast as I frantically signed back in. To my surprise, everything was ok upon respawning. So I almost lost an entire days work before I even reached the hazard zone.

Went down and did my egg search to no avail. As I was leaving the hazard zone I crashed yet again up in the air over the blue zone. This time a bunch of hostiles were nearby and killed my BS. I miraculously was able to recover my suit with some careful kiting. 

Now I have to get a new BS which is a royal pain. So I do that, go back to ab, and finally come across a good egg, level 175 to be exact. I CRASH YET AGAIN coming out of the hazard zone. Sign in to find my BS half dead from radiation but I was able to get out w the egg.

It's stuff like this that makes the game a chore to play. I thought about just giving up due to pure frustration more than once. The crashing has gotten worse on ps5 and its a joke.

Archived