[Noob] Left tribe but lost all tames and base

imonaunicorn

Hi folks. when I joined, I was invited into a tribe of 1 person on the PvE server I joined but this person has not played in a while and so I decided to leave the tribe today. I've been playing loads and got a decent amoount of tames like my Bronto and a Theri and two base locations but I lost all of them when I left.

Is there anything that can be done? I lost all my progress :(

Unfortunately most of what you need to know in ark is learned the hard way, if the player doesn't research each and everything they do before they do it.  This is a well documented phenomenon , and a simple search would have shown you scores of people have done exactly what you just did.

But be at peace, ark is largely about starting over again and again and a....  For some people , this is their favorite part.   SInce you probalby don't know the real value of any of the tames you just lost, you can be comforted in the facts that chances are, nothing you had was worth keeping anyways.  Everything can be tamed again.  It's when you actually know what the stat values really are, and have decided you are going to start breeding , that's when to cry over losing access to everything.

And at that point, you will know how to leave a tribe with all your things.

5 hours ago, imonaunicorn said:

Hi folks. when I joined, I was invited into a tribe of 1 person on the PvE server I joined but this person has not played in a while and so I decided to leave the tribe today. I've been playing loads and got a decent amoount of tames like my Bronto and a Theri and two base locations but I lost all of them when I left.

If you have a way of contacting your tribe-mate, just message him/her and let them know either the truth (recommended)... that you decided to go another direction and accidentally left the tribe early.... and ask them to reinstate you so you can have your tames.  OR, tell them you hit the wrong button and never intended to leave.  Maybe they will invite you back.  Either way,  he needs to know that you are no longer in the tribe and now the dinos will die if he does not feed them.

But, like @GrumpyBear said, if you are early in game then those tames are probably just early utility dinos anyway... It sucks to lose them but they can be replaced.  I would try to get a message to your partner, but don't wait around. Move on.  If he contacts you in the next couple days and gives your tames back, then bonus.  But don't hold your breath.

22 hours ago, imonaunicorn said:

For your current problem, no, the only thing you can do is submit a ticket and hope that the support GM is sympathetic. If you get lucky they might put you back in the tribe so you can have a do-over.

For future reference, if you want to take stuff with you when you leave a tribe it takes some planning-in-advance. If you ever want to leave a tribe and you're on friendly terms when you leave, what you want to do first is put the dinos outside of your current tribe's walls and then unclaim them. Then, when you leave the tribe, you can claim them for yourself and ride/lead them away. Obviously there is a certain amount of risk because when you unclaim them anyone can just wander along and claim them from you, so you probably want to build a small compound and put pin codes on the gates so that your dinos will be safe when you unclaim them but you'll also be able to open the gates and lead them away. If you have any personally owned equipment you could put pin coded boxes in your safety area so that you can take those items out of the boxes when you leave the tribe.

Archived