The Strangest series of glitches I have ever encountered

1TheNumericDolfin

The Strangest series of glitches I have ever encountered

Okay so this was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. It all started when I was doing the lava cave on the island(single player), bringing my male direwolf Jacob with me. Unfortunately my gillie suit gave out just before the artifact and i died. Normal enough already, just poor planning, but this is where it gets WEIRD. i went back and could not find my wolf. he was fairly high level and i had already cleared the area of those irritating bats, so i was pretty sure he had not died, but checked the log when I could not find him. I then saw that not only were there TWO death messages for Jacob, but both occurred on day zero somehow despite me being a good seventy in game days in.

BUT WAIT: THERE'S  MORE

I decided to be a cheaty DireWolf and spawned in a female direwolf that i also named Jacob and completed the cave. It was at this point I received ANOTHER death message for the OJ Jacob, this time not just in the log and actually showing the death message normally, stating that he was killed by a sarco. Now, i was not sure how a sarco got into the area I was in, but at this point I was afraid to ask questions for fear of angering the glitch gods. I left the cave and got TWO MORE death messages for the overly melodramatic OJ Jacob in quick succession. I decided to get to the bottom of this and downloaded an admin tool to get the tp command of Jacob, and teleported to the location. I then found a still alive OJ Jacob UNDER THE MAP, fighting a sarco to the death who had also ended up under the map, with a dead OJ Jacob next to both and two bags that i assume are the other dead OJ Jacobs, all of which contained the same inventory he had on him before he transcended spacetime. I admin killed the sarco(At this point I was well past the point of caring about the cheating) and retrieved the still living OJ Jacob via the fly command and nyan dogged him back to my base.

I have been playing ark for a good while now and I swear to god my game was drunk or something because I have never encountered this kind of thing before. Is this a common bug I just had not yet seen or was i chosen by the glitch gods to stare into the eye of Cthulhu? Anybody else seen something similar?

Iv encountered the "flop under the map" bug so many times......went to do battle with the monkey boss, won, teleported out and back to the blue onblesk, got shot out under it and me and my entire theri army fell into the water under the map.....It was weird as hell, and not the first time some crazy poop like that happened.

more or less, its a tethering issue....When you go into or out of a cave, the game has to load or unload the cave. Due to this, anything in it has to go through a loading sequence that leaves you, your tames, or your second player if in split screen in limbo.....sometimes the game is able to figure it out, a lot of times it just craps itself and you get glitches such as this.

Archived