Water and cooking pot

Kytampe

Water and cooking pot

New to this game since two -three weeks back. Just love it, it's the best I've played in a long time. But I'm wondering a thing: Can you hook up the water pipes to the cooking pot for easier cooking? And if not, why? It's just annoying running around with heaps of waterskin and hooking one up isn't gamebreaking. :)

3 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

the industrial cooker you can, but the cooking pot, no.  it would be easier if it didn't consume the entire water container worth of water for each cooking when it technically only needs 25 water.

It can? Nice, thanks for the quick answer. ?
Yea, it's quite annoying that it takes the whole container everytime. Couldn't be that hard to code? Right?

2 hours ago, Kytampe said:

It can? Nice, thanks for the quick answer. ?
Yea, it's quite annoying that it takes the whole container everytime. Couldn't be that hard to code? Right?

if i have to use the cooking pot i usually sit it right next to a water tap so i can just cycle waterskins in and out of the tap as i cook. annoying as crap, but it works in a pinch.  i'd also suggest using thatch as the fuel for it.

Wood produces charcoal which can combine with different berries to make dyes thatch produces nothing that could contaminate your crafts. If you are making a soup or kibble that needs berries and suddenly there is charcoal in it, it will try to make dye and throw your counts off.  spark powder is also used in dyes.

You don't need to be near water for you to have enough water.  It's all about how many metal reservoirs you hook up, they will automatically fill up w/ water on their own over time.  You put in enough, and they can refill faster than you can consume it.  I find 10 is a minimum.  20, and you probalby would never notice it running out.

It takes more metal for sure, but there's no ugly water pipe ran out to the beach looking ugly.

On 7/21/2020 at 1:17 AM, Kytampe said:

Water and cooking pot

New to this game since two -three weeks back. Just love it, it's the best I've played in a long time. But I'm wondering a thing: Can you hook up the water pipes to the cooking pot for easier cooking? And if not, why? It's just annoying running around with heaps of waterskin and hooking one up isn't gamebreaking. :)

typically I run a water pipe right up to the cook pot, or I will put a cook pot next to a water source.....yeah, it sucks early game, but there are ways to make it a pinch easier to deal with.

Archived