Destroy Ocean Platforms - Yes/No prompt like when eating Fert Eggs

Cyclops

Suggestion

Destroy Ocean Platforms - Yes/No prompt like when eating Fert Eggs

It is very easy to destroy an ocean platform by accident when you are trying to destroy another item on the platform.  They have a yes/no prompt now for eating fertilized eggs, they should also have one for ocean platforms.   With lag you can end up destroying an ocean platform accidentally and losing everything in the entire base. 

You are also not able to stack tek storage or place ANY electric wires on a platform if it is over deep water.   You get a "to high from ground" message.    This eliminates the ability to make a base on large parts of the map.

Ocean platforms need Fixed on many levels... but the yes/no prompt should be an easy one as it's already in the game for Fert eggs.

•  

9 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

I have, I built a base over the largest lake on valg.  I had gotten about 1/3 of the way across when i was playing around underneath trying to polish up an underwater pen underneath.  Removed one celing in the middle of a row , not on an edge with ceilings coming up off of it, and had the majority of my progress break up top.  A prompt could have saved me 1k metal celings, 2 indust forges, 4 chem benches, 2 fabs, 100 large metal walls....

It'd also be super helpful if the prompt listed the number of dependencies, so for example if you are not sure and you go to remove something and read the prompt and it says "Are you sure you want to demolish this? Doing so will also demolish 576 dependent structures!" when you are trying to just demo like 5 things... ?

• Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Absolutely concur,  how easy it would be for one of my numbscle tribemates to accidentally break it was the first thing I though of on day 2 of genesis as I put stuff on our first one.

If they can't read the name of the structure they are demolishing in the first place, how do you expect them to read any extra notice you throw at them?

I see two types of ocean platforms: the empty ones which are just spammed into the waters, or the totaly overloaded dino storage combined multi-platforms,  what is especially on the Valguero map with central waters a problem. I have to fly really high above to avoid the crazy lag.

I said it before, that thing should be limited to Genesis, and at least not allowed on Valguero maps where the central waters are also the main travelling routes.

True, 

9 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If they can't read the name of the structure they are demolishing in the first place, how do you expect them to read any extra notice you throw at them?

But , sometimes people are on autopilot when building, make a mistake or decide to reapproach a build and so in the whole demo part of it, don't pay enough attention to what they are breaking.    Like I totally get it, but I can see it happening, kinda like imagining falling off a cliff or something.  You know u dont' stand next to an edge for that reason, but you still are concerned it's possible.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, GrumpyBear said:

True, 

But , sometimes people are on autopilot when building, make a mistake or decide to reapproach a build and so in the whole demo part of it, don't pay enough attention to what they are breaking.    Like I totally get it, but I can see it happening, kinda like imagining falling off a cliff or something.  You know u dont' stand next to an edge for that reason, but you still are concerned it's possible.

I guess a second confirmation could be required whenever demolishing a structure is causing others to collapse (for example, if you demolish a foundation that have something on it, etc.). This would make more sense than adding a second prompt to a specific structure imo.

25 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I guess a second confirmation could be required whenever demolishing a structure is causing others to collapse (for example, if you demolish a foundation that have something on it, etc.). This would make more sense than adding a second prompt to a specific structure imo.

GOsh , that would be awsome.  Dealing w/ triangle ceilings , that's another problem.  You go to swap out a stone floor, and bam - a whole random chain of ceilings breaks on you.  If they can't stop that from happening, a prompt before you lose your second forge from changing a setup would be really nice.

Though on reflection, it probably wouldn't solve that issue if it's only coming up when u demolish and not replace as well.  But heck, I'd take a prompt if I was breaking a dependency, anyone who floats a building up in the air could really use something like that.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

GOsh , that would be awsome.  Dealing w/ triangle ceilings , that's another problem.  You go to swap out a stone floor, and bam - a whole random chain of ceilings breaks on you.  If they can't stop that from happening, a prompt before you lose your second forge from changing a setup would be really nice.

Though on reflection, it probably wouldn't solve that issue if it's only coming up when u demolish and not replace as well.  But heck, I'd take a prompt if I was breaking a dependency, anyone who floats a building up in the air could really use something like that.

If you've ever tried to demolish a base from the top down to get the most resources, you've probably accidentally demoed something and watched disappointed as a group of ceilings falls, lol. Or is that just me? I'm usually pretty hasty when doing that. But this other base I demolished I just wanted gone and didn't care about the resources, so I was just cutting all the pillars out from under it. In that case I'd have hated a prompt. However the added layer of protection on e.g. my tree platform would go a long way to assuaging any angst while demoing anything.

5 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

If you've ever tried to demolish a base from the top down to get the most resources, you've probably accidentally demoed something and watched disappointed as a group of ceilings falls, lol. Or is that just me? I'm usually pretty hasty when doing that. But this other base I demolished I just wanted gone and didn't care about the resources, so I was just cutting all the pillars out from under it. In that case I'd have hated a prompt. However the added layer of protection on e.g. my tree platform would go a long way to assuaging any angst while demoing anything.

I have, I built a base over the largest lake on valg.  I had gotten about 1/3 of the way across when i was playing around underneath trying to polish up an underwater pen underneath.  Removed one celing in the middle of a row , not on an edge with ceilings coming up off of it, and had the majority of my progress break up top.  A prompt could have saved me 1k metal celings, 2 indust forges, 4 chem benches, 2 fabs, 100 large metal walls....

Archived