Alpha racing missions .

TR-8R

Alpha racing missions .

Is it have too much time restricted ?

For example the Bottle-nosed blizt , when i do the beta i have like 30 secs left to finish the race , no error making or bumping into object along the way  , but during alpha , passing all the ring perfectly and  yet still 3 secs too late . Why there is 30 secs different between the 2 difficulties ? I honestly think it should be 10 which is generous enough .

Anyways , any tip doing alpha racing mission ?

I've completed all alpha races I've tried except the one of the skiff. In official the races are super random due to lag and rubberbanding, you do exactly the same and sometimes you complete with very good time sometimes you dont even reach the finish line.

I opened a post about that some days ago related to the doe race, time always ended near the last turn. I tried in single player and the first attempt I did it with some spare secs. Then I just kept trying in official, doing the exact same movements and randomly one of the attempts made me finish it with the #2 best time of the server.

40 minutes ago, arkark said:

I've completed all alpha races I've tried except the one of the skiff. In official the races are super random due to lag and rubberbanding, you do exactly the same and sometimes you complete with very good time sometimes you dont even reach the finish line.

I opened a post about that some days ago related to the doe race, time always ended near the last turn. I tried in single player and the first attempt I did it with some spare secs. Then I just kept trying in official, doing the exact same movements and randomly one of the attempts made me finish it with the #2 best time of the server.

on official the minor spikes cause a loss of a second or two, but the rubberbanding costs alot more time,  likewise the minor spikes can cause you to miss a ring, even though you passed strait threw the center of it, you'll end up circling back and losing even more time. I fall short on the alpha races by aprox 23-25 seconds on official.

And there in lies the problem, the times are doable on a unofficial / undedicated / single player game, but when it comes to official, your not going to hit the mark.   The times obviously weren't tested for official servers.

I think the times for these missions should be config set, not hard coded, so that different servers can have different timesets to them so that, when conditions aren't allowing, those times can be adjusted easily for those particular servers (i.e. official vs. unofficial).

All races are possible. King of Swing, Tokyo Skifft and Wave Ray 64 are extermely hard on Alpha (forget any of them if you're lagging), but all the others can be done fairly easily.

I strongly recommend you to level up your melee and bring a good tek sword for land races (can get them on Rhino 500), because you'll need to clear the way. Multiple times.

8 hours ago, caleb68 said:

on official the minor spikes cause a loss of a second or two, but the rubberbanding costs alot more time,  likewise the minor spikes can cause you to miss a ring, even though you passed strait threw the center of it, you'll end up circling back and losing even more time. I fall short on the alpha races by aprox 23-25 seconds on official.

And there in lies the problem, the times are doable on a unofficial / undedicated / single player game, but when it comes to official, your not going to hit the mark.   The times obviously weren't tested for official servers.

I think the times for these missions should be config set, not hard coded, so that different servers can have different timesets to them so that, when conditions aren't allowing, those times can be adjusted easily for those particular servers (i.e. official vs. unofficial).

Another thing that makes those alpha races impossible is boost bug. Don't see it in patch notes so it wasn't fixed most probably.

Archived