Elgar

Wild raptors don't pounce anymore. Bug or intended ?

Posted (edited)

Wild raptors don't pounce anymore. Bug or intended ?

You probably noticed that wild raptors don't pounce anymore. It would be nice if devs could confirm if it's a temporary bug or if it's an intended change. Community Manager @Cedric often proudly explained he was the dev who implemented this attack : Cedric, can you please tell us if wild raptor's pounce attack belongs now to the past, or not ?

Edited by Elgar

Think they have removed the dismount option on wild Raptors  they still pounce players though because I've been noticing haven't been dismounted off mana few times around thought I may have just got lucky but this would be more understandable 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Soulsaga said:

Think they have removed the dismount option on wild Raptors  they still pounce players though because I've been noticing haven't been dismounted off mana few times around thought I may have just got lucky but this would be more understandable 

Well, I just tested again with 2 separate regular wild raptors on Valguero (vanilla server, no mods) and they didn't pounce me, none of them. I was on foot. So it's not just the dismount option which was removed.

Edited by Elgar

Of course it does NOT work as intended.

You can easily see that when a wild raptor tries to do a pounce, it glitches. There's a beginning of pouncing animation for like half a second and then raptor just slows down like being hit by X-plant or lymantria spore.

Wildcard at their best.

33 minutes ago, Dzieciak said:

Of course it does NOT work as intended.

You can easily see that when a wild raptor tries to do a pounce, it glitches. There's a beginning of pouncing animation for like half a second and then raptor just slows down like being hit by X-plant or lymantria spore.

Wildcard at their best.

I haven't seen one even TRY to pounce since gen release. I won't lie, I don't miss it lol.