Chemistry Table

Drynin

3 hours ago, Aurna said:

They did say in an Ark Digest that it could be used to make Narcotics faster or bulk if I remember rightly. Also guessing with Diseases being implemented we'll need somewhere to make the cures we research! 

That sounds more fitting for the alchemist table ;) it's in the dev kit.. Alchemists Table and Chemistry table... I'm talking about diseases btw..

Preview of Both tables, Size and A Tek Pad.. By Anthnomia.

On 4/12/2016 at 4:05 PM, Rippy said:

I imagine it will just have all the advanced things of the mortar and pestle, at least for now. So stronger stimulant, bug repellent and narcotics. Just a guess though.

Good guess, Sir Rippy 'Ripcord' Esquire. 

I have the same thoughts about the stonger stimulants and narcotics. Not sure about the bug repellent though, I was thinking more along the lines of introducing citronella into the game, throw it onto the campfire and the pest's dont come near you! Just a guess though.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

You can make jerky from cooked meat.. you can even make it from salted meat.   The oil is just the source of the smoke, usually you'd use wood smoke, I expect industry probably cheat alot.. gunpowder.. well, yeh saltpeter comes from bat poo and carbon from wood, but it's still the right idea.. grinding stuff up, likely the wc devs just don't use google..and made a rough guess.  Flint and iron stone works for fire.  certainly if you ground flint and stone up you'd have a hard time getting it to burn irl.

True, though I think the meat is usually cooked in some sort of liquid first(pre-cooking) and not pre-dried over an open fire.  The smoke also helps to add flavor(which is why the choice of wood is important); I don't think we are going to be seeing a lot of Jack Links Petroleum Smoked Jerky on the market anytime soon.

However, the main point was, Ark is its own universe, and until we see something in the game, no idea what it will be able to do or what it will be used for.  Chem table could be a giant M&P, or it could allow you to mix up completely new concoctions, or it might be double as a medical lab.  Heck, you might only be able to use it to make toy volcanoes; though, I suspect not.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Janna3921 said:

In the world of games, books and movies anything goes; limited only by the imagination of the creators and the willingness of those who play the games, read the books or watch the movies to understand and accept that it is fiction, not based on reality.

And last by not least, enjoy, enjoy and enjoy

Exactly.  We play in a world where you can knock out building sized animals, feed them, and when they wake up, they are you loyal(and sometimes annoying) friend.  

Once you accept that, the rest is easy.

• Volunteer Moderator

I am just trying to make light hearted conversation.  This is just game, not life or death.  Apparently, there is no room for that here, and there are better threads to read, so I hope you are 100% correct it is only a chemistry table and nothing else.  You can even mail me a "I told you so" and I will happily congratulate.  Best of luck.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:30 AM, ImpureFrost said:

That sounds more fitting for the alchemist table ;) it's in the dev kit.. Alchemists Table and Chemistry table... I'm talking about diseases btw..

Preview of Both tables, Size and A Tek Pad.. By Anthnomia.

The second the alchemy table came into view, I immediately heard Skyrim music. ;)

Archived