Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

7 hours ago, nhockpotter said:

just wondering how can I connect this amazing soft with my ark server, guys .... Im running my server with ARK Server Manager and have RCON

Install Microsoft.net 6 runtime and desktop runtime components.

Launch ArkViewer.exe and select your mode.

Unless you're running it locally to your save data it's probably going to be FTP.

Enter a friendly server name then the host, port, username and password to hit connect and browse for your save file.  Switch over to the "RCON" tab and setup them details too before saving.

In the current version there is an issue where it won't allow you to "Save" any ftp server without selectin the raw TheIsland_WP.ark file.  Next release will allow selection of .gz too.

• Thanks 1

5.0.0.7 now available.

Fixes

• ASA - Player data read and allocation for tribe fixed to prevent same player in team and solo tribe.
  • ASA - Player profile read fixed so it should now recognise all .arkprofile files and not just read some in.
  • FTP browser now allows you to SAVE when selecting a .gz file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

5.0.0.7 now available.

Fixes

• ASA - Player data read and allocation for tribe fixed to prevent same player in team and solo tribe.
  • ASA - Player profile read fixed so it should now recognise all .arkprofile files and not just read some in.
  • FTP browser now allows you to SAVE when selecting a .gz file.

Hi ;) thanks for the next quick updates!
After this update I get this error when loading my save 🙊
(The only change on my server since yesterday is that I have added the Winter Wonderland mod, but it probably doesn't matter https://www.curseforge.com/ark-survival-ascended/mods/winter-wonderland)

2023-12-22 17:09:11.6429|INFO|Running in visual mode (v5.0.0.7).
2023-12-22 17:09:12.0130|INFO|Reading game save data...
2023-12-22 17:09:23.6613|ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedSystem.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\temp\cryo0.bin'.
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.File.OpenHandle(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes)
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.parseStoredCreatures() in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 169
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.Read(String filename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 101
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadArkAscendedData(String saveFilename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 1793
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadSaveGame(String saveFilename, String localProfileFilename, String clusterFolder, Int32 profileDayCountLimit) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 224    at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.File.OpenHandle(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.parseStoredCreatures() in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 169
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.Read(String filename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 101
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadArkAscendedData(String saveFilename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 1793
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadSaveGame(String saveFilename, String localProfileFilename, String clusterFolder, Int32 profileDayCountLimit) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 224

Edited by MroczneZakamarki
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, MroczneZakamarki said:

Hi ;) thanks for the next quick updates!
After this update I get this error when loading my save 🙊
(The only change on my server since yesterday is that I have added the Winter Wonderland mod, but it probably doesn't matter https://www.curseforge.com/ark-survival-ascended/mods/winter-wonderland)

2023-12-22 17:09:11.6429|INFO|Running in visual mode (v5.0.0.7).
2023-12-22 17:09:12.0130|INFO|Reading game save data...
2023-12-22 17:09:23.6613|ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedSystem.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\temp\cryo0.bin'.
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadSaveGame(String saveFilename, String localProfileFilename, String clusterFolder, Int32 profileDayCountLimit) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 224    at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadSaveGame(String saveFilename, String localProfileFilename, String clusterFolder, Int32 profileDayCountLimit) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 224

Doh!!.. some test code escaped.  I'll fix it and get another release out but it's going to be the morning now.

C:\temp\cryo0.bin

That's my test output of the cryo data bytes as a binary file so I could better analyze them to see what was going on. Apologies for that.

If you're desparate to run it before I get another update out I think creating C:\temp\ (if possible) will allow it to run at least.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sTv said:

Hi, thanks for the awesome work with the Ascended integration @MirageUK.

Is it necessary to have something specifically set up for ASA? I try connecting to an SFTP server and it always ends up with this message.
In the folder, all the files look downloaded.

failed.png

Nope, nothing special required.  So long as you can access TheIsland_WP.ark it should be good.  Few issues with it atm but none that have stopped it loading completely.  

If you can upload your files somewhere I can investigate further.

5.0.0.8 now available. 

Fixes

• Mainly just removal of my "test" cryopod code which tried to write out to C:\temp\
  • Some wilds were not being displayed (Achatina)
  • Some player profiles were not being read in.

Sorry guys but Cryopod work is still in progress.  They used some "magic" flags for the compression before doing zlib and we're still trying to work out the meaning of these to get the raw format we expect to parse.

I'll have an update out as soon as we have something reliable and consistently readable from all cryo data.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StevenB said:

Hey, was just wondering if this didn't get added as I don't see it in the structures pane/grid in 5.0.0.7/8

Not a big issue, just would be nice to see when structures were placed down for disputes etc. ^^

Something weird going on with my source control.  Just checked and it's not there but I definitely coded and addded it.

I'll re-add it but does make me wonder what else might have been reverted.

• Thanks 1

Extremely close now... any volunteers got a backup with a decent number of official cryopods I can test against? 

My own single player only has 3 podded creatures and be nice to have a larger dataset to test on before putting together a release.

I'll have to see whether the cryopod mods work the same way too once I'm happy with the official pods first.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Extremely close now... any volunteers got a backup with a decent number of official cryopods I can test against? 

My own single player only has 3 podded creatures and be nice to have a larger dataset to test on before putting together a release.

I'll have to see whether the cryopod mods work the same way too once I'm happy with the official pods first.

I just sent you a private message with the backup of my dedicated server.

• Thanks 1

5.0.0.9 now available to download

Features

• Support for cryopod stored creatures.  No inventory support yet but working on it.
  • Added "Created" to Player Structures tab.. again.

Thanks goes out to all those helping parse the file format:

.. and also anybody else who has helped out behind the scenes and you guys for your patience and support in providing me with some decent test data.

Edited by MirageUK
Added thanks.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Something that would be very useful in the future, without abusing your kindness, would be to model Ark Viewer on Ark Ascended's new mutation system.

As everyone knows, mutations are now counted separately and no longer affect base stats. The phenomenal advantage of this new system for breeding is that you can always improve your bloodlines if you discover a wild dino with great stats, even when the breeding of its species is already underway or even completed.

Ark Viewer mirrors the old system, i.e. instead of indicating, for example, 50 in HP + 15 mutations, it directly indicates 80 in base stat for HP (which is somewhat wrong with the new ASA system). As a result, in order to remember the base stats of your bred dinos you have to look simultaneously at the stat columns and the mutation columns to find the dino with the highest stat without being mutated (if you still have this unmutated parent). Or you have to substract the value added by mutations on your bred dinos. Not very practical.

I don't know if my explanations are clear, sorry as English is not my native language.

To sum up: could Ark Viewer, in a future evolution, reflect what you see when you look at a dino with the new tek binoculars from the vanilla game?

Edited by Elgar
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

Something that would be very useful in the future, without abusing your kindness, would be to model Ark Viewer on Ark Ascended's new mutation system.

As everyone knows, mutations are now counted separately and no longer affect base stats. The phenomenal advantage of this new system for breeding is that you can always improve your bloodlines if you discover a wild dino with great stats, even when the breeding of its species is already underway or even completed.

Ark Viewer mirrors the old system, i.e. instead of indicating, for example, 50 in HP + 15 mutations, it directly indicates 80 in base stat for HP (which is somewhat wrong with the new ASA system). As a result, in order to remember the base stats of your bred dinos you have to look simultaneously at the stat columns and the mutation columns to find the dino with the highest stat without being mutated (if you still have this unmutated parent). Or you have to substract the value added by mutations on your bred dinos. Not very practical.

I don't know if my explanations are clear, sorry as English is not my native language.

To sum up: could Ark Viewer, in a future evolution, reflect what you see when you look at a dino with the new tek binoculars from the vanilla game?

I actually changed it to put them stats back into the wild to replicate what we had for ASE.. not done any breeding for ASA but did wonder why they weren't in the base stats anymore and were counted as "TamedMutationPoints" or something similarly named.

I'll have a look at extending ASV so we have "base, tamed, mutated" views for ASA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im getting a Content Failed to Load when trying to setup version 5.0.0.9 
i use the savegamefile method and have tried linking it to the main ark save file and also tried the backup files but non of them want to load 
anyone else having issues with that ? 

Edit: I just tried version 5.0.0.8 and that loads the content with no issues 

Edited by GodOfNoiseMods

15 minutes ago, GodOfNoiseMods said:

Im getting a Content Failed to Load when trying to setup version 5.0.0.9 
i use the savegamefile method and have tried linking it to the main ark save file and also tried the backup files but non of them want to load 
anyone else having issues with that ? 

Edit: I just tried version 5.0.0.8 and that loads the content with no issues 

Must be something with the cryo's that's crashing it out then.  That's the only real thing that's changed.

As usual, if you can provide the backup, I'll investigate.

38 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

I actually changed it to put them stats back into the wild to replicate what we had for ASE.. not done any breeding for ASA but did wonder why they weren't in the base stats anymore and were counted as "TamedMutationPoints" or something similarly named.

I'll have a look at extending ASV so we have "base, tamed, mutated" views for ASA.

Thank you !

If you want to fully understand the new mutation system, this video is really well done : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXx_gxYLfkA

Probably the best change in ASA vs ASE, if you like to do breeding of course.

Also, if you didn't try them yet, I recommend you to spawn in your single player playthrough the new vanilla tek binoculars exclusive to ASA (you get them after beating the Overseer), they are awesome to see the wild and tamed dinos stats, no need for a spyglass mod anymore. The command is cheat gfi ElectronicBinoculars 1 0 0

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Must be something with the cryo's that's crashing it out then.  That's the only real thing that's changed.

As usual, if you can provide the backup, I'll investigate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ca0QeYkzAwf61D-o1MJN-kiGW6CQefSG/view?usp=sharing

i took the Main Savegamefile and packed it up with Winrar and uploaded it to my Google Drive 
hope it helps :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GodOfNoiseMods said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ca0QeYkzAwf61D-o1MJN-kiGW6CQefSG/view?usp=sharing

i took the Main Savegamefile and packed it up with Winrar and uploaded it to my Google Drive 
hope it helps :)

Yep, fixed. Will get a release out shortly - just working on the split mutation stats for @Elgar

5.0.0.10 now available for download:

Features

• Split mutated stats into their own view. Toggled similar to base/tamed using the new "Mutations" option. @Elgar

image.png.694dc003c824bb9d2d35be9496c7e8ea.png

Fixes

• Crash attempting to blindly read in unknown data for saddle/costume/skin of a cryo stored creature. @GodOfNoiseMods
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1