Gunnsen

What is Wrong with my Imprint Timers?

@TheGhostDivision from a discussion with the players still online at half past midnight GMT+1 on ragnarok, many people prefer easier imprinting and faster maturation.  @Wildcard @Cedric will probably never respond.  They don't care about their playerbase on unofficial it seems.

Better develop a plan B.  Advertising as 10x and then having players constantly say: "Breeding is not as advertised" is not a solution either.

Edited by FearlessJake

So you tell me we should get rid of a vital part of gameplay in a PvE environment? That is just stupid! What will be next? Dinos will only spawn on officials and we should keep it that way cause some people like that they do not need to tame or breed anymore and save a lot of time?!

We are advertising our server the way it is meant to be. We will not change advertisement and server names each time Wildcard destroys something. This is clearly a bug that CANNOT be intended and they NEED to adress this. Your answer is just stupid and contraproductive. There currently IS NO SOLUTION!

Okay so I've been wondering about this for a few days. Our breeding rates are a little less intense than most others I've seen posted in this thread with 6.5x maturation speed and 0.5 cuddle interval but nonetheless this has hit us hard as well. I took a lot at those screenshots with ZenRowe and just have to say, what? Clearly there is an issue when a creature gets 100% imprint ten minutes into a tame. At first I thought members were exaggerating and that this was only happening with creatures with a short maturation time like the Raptor but to hear its happening for the vast majority is concerning and does cheapen breeding. We want to extend cluster life, not reduce it so requiring some time to imprint is important.

At this point we're better off making some more Reddit posts on this as it seems Reddit is the only way WC notices anything as of late. I've used their bug report form numerous times with tons of evidence of the issue I'm reporting and none of the issues I've reported have ever been fixed (e.g. Aurora Borealis permanently vanishing on Valguero after a week or so). Tagging Cedric on Twitter might work but it's hard to say as they do seem to prioritize official issues over unofficial.

Edited by Thalana

I am not sure, wanted to do some tests on this. Zen wrote in his message to me that this takes effect at MaturationSpeed 4 or higher, if this is the case they might never fix this bug as officials almost never have rates higher than 4. Also I need to check if this is 4x setting or 4x in the code (2x setting)

Edit: If it is true that these settings only apply to higher rates this is some form of indication that Wildcard was totally aware of the BS they released but still want to harm inofficial servers. I will test it and present the results in here

Edited by Gunnsen

1 hour ago, Gunnsen said:

I am not sure, wanted to do some tests on this. Zen wrote in his message to me that this takes effect at MaturationSpeed 4 or higher, if this is the case they might never fix this bug as officials almost never have rates higher than 4. Also I need to check if this is 4x setting or 4x in the code (2x setting)

Edit: If it is true that these settings only apply to higher rates this is some form of indication that Wildcard was totally aware of the BS they released but still want to harm inofficial servers. I will test it and present the results in here

I've been busy last few weeks so not really kept up on things, knew there was an issue with imprint timers and figured out easy enough what was happening with my server's settings but I've not been reading the forums so don't know what any devs or Ced have said about it

I've just done a test on one of my servers and was fine at 4x with 1.0 cuddle interval, was expecting 2 hours, upped it to 6x and hatched another egg and got 80 mins until imprint which I was expecting

THEY FIXED IT !!!

Our 12x maturation is working as before after upgrade to 302.2 this evening.

Confirmed with Basi, and Argie looking good too.

Update:

Argie imprint percent and intervals appear correct once more

Quetz hatched, looking good as well..

Can anyone else please confirm?

Edited by singalty

1 hour ago, PFM said:

My interpretation was that they made the imprint interval automatically optimized for your maturation rate, which would be a welcome change. Of course, changing the imprint interval slider at would raptor this up

If you are talking about the interval before 302.2, yes, but they adjusted it incorrectly. You should read the thread more carefully then. Some servers were were immediately imprinting 100% while other like ours were imprinting every five minutes and finishing at the fraction of time represented by the growth multiplier (e.g. at 12x you were finishing all imprint at 1/12 the time that the baby needed to grow - like just two hours for a 100% giga).  Most server admins don't need any automatic adjustment as we already have our growtmultipliers and cuddleintervals calculated the way we like for our servers. The problem became even more of an issue when it was discovered that this behavior didn't reflect the official version of the game because it only kicked in at 4x and higher, like they knew the idea was broken and just sent a "screw-you" to unofficial with high maturation rates.

Edited by singalty

39 minutes ago, singalty said:

If you are talking about the interval before 302.2, yes, but they adjusted it incorrectly. You should read the thread more carefully then. Some servers were were immediately imprinting 100% while other like ours were imprinting every five minutes and finishing at the fraction of time represented by the growth multiplier (e.g. at 12x you were finishing all imprint at 1/12 the time that the baby needed to grow - like just two hours for a 100% giga).  Most server admins don't need any automatic adjustment as we already have our growtmultipliers and cuddleintervals calculated the way we like for our servers. The problem became even more of an issue when it was discovered that this behavior didn't reflect the official version of the game because it only kicked in at 4x and higher, like they knew the idea was broken and just sent a "screw-you" to unofficial with high maturation rates.

You should read what i said more carefully if this is your response

On 11/23/2019 at 3:18 AM, singalty said:
On 11/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, PFM said:

Of course, changing the imprint interval slider at would raptor this up

Lol or you could try explaining yourself more clearly?

What you said was simply explaining the results of changing BOTH the maturation rate and imprint interval, in conjunction with this change. I was aware of those, but like I said:

Of course, changing the imprint interval slider at would raptor this up

so people getting 100% imprinting super early in the maturation would happen, because the game's imprint affinity did not adjust based on the maturation rate changing the imprint interval, it would treat it as though it was the same imprint interval when it wasn't. 

WITHOUT changing the imprint interval, is what I was talking about being a welcome change, not this awkward combination that results from trying to adjust the imprint interval and having the imprint interval automatically adjusted based on the maturation rate that you chose. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, PFM said:

WITHOUT changing the imprint interval, is what I was talking about being a welcome change

What you mean is still unclear, without automatically changing the interval or without manually changing the interval?

If you are speaking in favor of only the automatic adjustment, I stand by my previous response. The default math that was offered was simply just wrong.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, PFM said:

a welcome change, not this awkward combination that results from trying to adjust the imprint interval and having the imprint interval automatically adjusted based on the maturation rate that you chose. 

Is this a single-player versus server admin discussion? Because. Like I said before. Server admins already have the manual setting they way they want therm for their servers and you wont convince us that someone else's timer is better. Single player is different because its not a shared gaming environment. Nobody cares if you have your "slider" at 100x (if it is possible) since it's only your own PVE anyway. Still, the math should be way better than the rubbish offered with 300.2 in any case (if you read the thread again, you will see even single-player mode was complaining).

I am still struggling to understand your position clearly so I am going with what I think you mean.