Fjordur

LordAzeroth

Suggestion

12 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Then why are there all the posts about WC removing Aberration creatures from Valguero and rendering the map useless.

The map hasn't been rendered useless, that's just exaggeration talk. It has however negated aspects of the map compared to the mod version.

7 minutes ago, GP said:

The map hasn't been rendered useless, that's just exaggeration talk. It has however negated aspects of the map compared to the mod version.

I played modded, so I would have no problems using the original mod author extension mod for Valguero.

But the Fjordur map just stated development, not ETA on being "finished". 

11 minutes ago, GP said:

I never suggested otherwise. That didn't have anything to do with what was said.

It's my opinion that Valguero in its original form is better than the DLC form. It was a good business decision for WC though, cannot fail them for being smart.

And I am suggesting than similar things would happen if Fjordur transitioned from a mod map to an official free DLC map.

17 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I played modded, so I would have no problems using the original mod author extension mod for Valguero.

But the Fjordur map just stated development, not ETA on being "finished". 

So far the map is at its early stage of development but either way Fjordur could have the potential to be the best map/DLC to come out on ark, having rock drakes on it might mean that it would be a paid DLC as i dont think WildCard would give out DLC content for free, they did do it with rock golems but scorched earth has beeen out for so long so they can do it, i think griffins and potentially reapers could be added and i hope snow owls will be added which would make it a amazing map

From a console players perspective, the new map was just that, a new map. 

Yes, some may have been disappointed that we didn't get all the features the PC Modded version has, but we still got it. 

And if the argument is about the Rock Drakes and what not remaining on Aberration - then so be it. Let the other map keep them. I believe each map should have its own individual creatures in order to give people a reason to travel from one map to another. 

So while PC players may think we are playing a watered down version - so be it. I'll still take it. And as a Cluster owner, I will do my part to build into the map as much as I can- just as PC mod map cluster owners would for their players. 

And if the same things happens to Fjordur- should it be added- I will still fully support and be grateful, that we get a new map to play on. 

20 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

You really want WC to turn a great mod map into a just ok DLC map?

Yep. Because as a "great mod map", it is just that, a mod map. Which means it cuts out all other platform players from being able to play on it. 

And "just okay DLC", really? Personally I think Valguero was a brilliant addition. That should they have asked, I would have gladly paid for. 

Plus the videos they have shown for this new map make it look amazing and I hope we are lucky enough to gain access to it someday. Chances may be slim, but I will still keep my fingers crossed. 

Archived