head trophy Head trophy from all creatures

Zahlea

Suggestion

I would love to see it possible to get a head trophy for all animals to mount on a Trophy Wall-mount. So that if I want a whole room with Megaloceros heads, I can do that :P

My suggestion would be for it to be "harvestable" from a corpse via the interaction wheel (where drag body is); another suggestion (originally by @AngrySaltire) is to use the Taxidermy Tool and the dermis collected by it, so that it's fully optional, but I don't really mind how you get it as long as it's possible :) 

Edit: I'm guessing there's a performance issue waiting to happen here, so my lightweight suggestion is to do it for the higher tier creatures, maybe go by the kibble tiers - what kibble the creature consumes and implement trophies for the creatures that take the top two kibbles?

5 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wouldnt the simpler idea (not that I would know if it was simpler) be that it piggy backs off the dermis mechanics ? The dermis can be usuable in the taxidermy bases and also wall mounts interchangeably ?

Oh, that is a very good idea :) I haven't played Extinction so I didn't know about that mechanic!

Actually updating my post with that :D 

I did suggest this about 10 days ago, that we should be able to just throw the dermis into a wallmount trophy and it should just display the head. No need for new items to be added to the game. Just a lot of programming to make only the head display when you put a creature dermis into wall mount trophy.

There is already a 150 structure count that applies to trophy bases, but it also counts the shag rug, flags and artefact pedastals in the same count, so it should be a pretty simple process to include wall mount trophies on that same 150 count if server and client performance is of a concern

1 hour ago, Lowly said:

I did suggest this about 10 days ago, that we should be able to just throw the dermis into a wallmount trophy and it should just display the head. No need for new items to be added to the game. Just a lot of programming to make only the head display when you put a creature dermis into wall mount trophy.

There is already a 150 structure count that applies to trophy bases, but it also counts the shag rug, flags and artefact pedastals in the same count, so it should be a pretty simple process to include wall mount trophies on that same 150 count if server and client performance is of a concern

Oh, I'm sorry. I did search the forum for "trophy" and couldn't find anything similar - did not mean to duplicate your suggestion. If you link it, I'll upvote it as well! :D Edit: I found it (and a few others ;) ) going through your activity. (Side note: I think the search function is broken... I searched for S+ to find a post I had seen with "S+" in the name, and didn't get anything)

Anyway, I do think new items are needed. I've never created models myself, but I've programmed creating them from a file and showing them in a game and my understanding is that it's not very easy to use just a part of a model unless you very well define how to cut the model, in which case it's about as easy to just make a new model of it. I might be wrong though, but if I'm not, new items are going to be needed. However, whichever way it's being done, the same performance issues arise.

I agree! With the current limit already in place, this should be trivial to add to that same system.

Archived