Boss fights.

MrTarts

Hey, everyone, I know this is a common topic but I need a little insight.

I was thinking about doing boss runs and I want to do them with Velonasaurs. Any recommended stats and or levels would be appreciated. I'm playing on vanilla rates in terms of the max level being 150. I already have rex's that have about 9k base health and 384 base melee. But I'm not sure whether they would be good or not. Overall just let me know what worked for you.

Much appreciated 

1 hour ago, MrTarts said:

I tested on single player with basic level velonasaurs and it does make the manticore land. So I would assume you could swarm it with your Rex's. I'm not to sure about dragon though.

huh ill test it out later then because if that is the case doing the hard dragon would be so much easier.

3 hours ago, MrTarts said:

I tested on single player with basic level velonasaurs and it does make the manticore land. So I would assume you could swarm it with your Rex's. I'm not to sure about dragon though.

1 hour ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

huh ill test it out later then because if that is the case doing the hard dragon would be so much easier.

Woah. Game changer. Please test and post later Otter! 

6 hours ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Woah. Game changer. Please test and post later Otter! 

Just tested on Island gamma dragon with a couple of god moded velonos and velono spines dont keep the dragon down it eventually takes of even when nailing it. Would be good for coberation. I shall test ragnarok.

50 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just tested on Island gamma dragon with a couple of god moded velonos and velono spines dont keep the dragon down it eventually takes of even when nailing it. Would be good for coberation. I shall test ragnarok.

14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just tried on Ragnarok. It doesnt appear to work on the dragon there either. Not convinced it works on the manticore either.

But does it make it land when its flying? Thats the good thing because you can control when you can burst dmg to the two most RNG bosses

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

But does it make it land when its flying? Thats the good thing because you can control when you can burst dmg to the two most RNG bosses

It does not appear to do that either even when the dragon is close enough to shoot. The major problem being the dragon spends most of the time flying out of range of the velonosaurs. But when I did get some shots onto the dragon, say when it flys away it isnt forced to land. 

46 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

It does not appear to do that either even when the dragon is close enough to shoot. The major problem being the dragon spends most of the time flying out of range of the velonosaurs. But when I did get some shots onto the dragon, say when it flys away it isnt forced to land. 

Dang. i just woke up ty for testing

8 hours ago, MrTarts said:

Could it possibly based on the map you fight the boss on?

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

@AngrySaltire tested dragon on island and rag. Also manticore on rag (obviously)

As d1nk said I tested this on different arenas for this exact reason. With the Island dragon it feels more like a series of scripted events, of fly about, spawn minions, shoot fireballs, land, munch for a bit, takeoff and repeat etc so I had my doubts that the velonosaur could down the dragon. Had to try on Ragnarok as I am relatively unfamiliar of the mechanics of that particular boss arena. Didnt try the manticore on scorched because testing the two boss arenas took me long enough. 

Archived