Known Issues: Primitive Plus

Cedric

On 6/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, aGirlGotU said:

About a week ago I decided to check out prim+ again since I've missed it and the tek lag on S.E is terrible. I was SO excited to load it up and see that drops were now working! So, I spent over 10 hours custom coding drops, dino spawns and more for my Nitrado server. I logged in to play on my Xbox, went into admin mode and summoned each drop and beaver dam and was so happy to see them working! It's open to the public so I go into creative mode to build a community center and such. This is where my joy starts to disappear. Concrete/brick and lumber does not work at all. Beds do not work at all, they can not be placed. The only thing that works as a spawn point upon death is a sleeping bag. I build out of stone and greenhouse pieces instead and then go to place essential things like forges, smithy, storage, etc. Nothing works. I craft a stack of everything in my inventory to test each and every thing. Now that I have every single thing, some items place but are not what I was trying to place. Want a cauldron? Place a candle. Want an alchemy station? Place an industrial forge. Want a market stall? Place a mailbox. I still have not figured out a majority of the placeable items. When riding a dino, the player is standing in the dino rather then actually sitting on the saddle, character customization is broken, SE engrams are missing, and more. I don't mind tek being gone but teleporters at key points on the map and bunk beds were nice to have..

This breaks my heart. Players join, level up a bit and then leave when they realize how broken it is...again.

Please, fix primitive plus!?!

There are a lot of people who really enjoy it. 

This is odd i have started playing prim plus but on microsoft store all of these things work on my server but im having a issue with the therizinosaurus not gathering rare flowers on center map 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 12:39 PM, tokinterror said:

This is odd i have started playing prim plus but on microsoft store all of these things work on my server but im having a issue with the therizinosaurus not gathering rare flowers on center map 

Not sure how to go about that I've stayed away from the center try it on another map to make sure it's not just the center but the dino

Edited by ChiefJDUB

You might have messed with to many settings and broke it yourself. Seems to work on my Xbox one X no problem brick works, everything else works, beds used to work i put a teepee down you can't sleep on it but you can spawn there. I also have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse so I can use the mailbox system with no freeze up. I updated the wiki while back explaining the steps for any server owners that want to use mailboxes correctly. You could try to enable all engram's on your primitive pulse server and have everything at your disposal to build and decorate to the max or just disable all engram's, start server, wait, shut down the server, and re-enable, start server again see if that helps you possibly

• 1 month later...

Issues with p+ since crystal isles released on xbox:

Crystal Wyverns disappeared 

Meat shed and sink gone from engrams 

Some engrams aren't unlocking

Can't paint some brick structures 

I have a cluster with almost 50 constant players( and recruiting more as alot of people like it over the survival evolved) we would like to see us get some TLC please.  Would love to have the events also. We paid the same as others for the game and DLCs. 

@Cedric @Ark

Aps not working when writing get stuck in the mail screen

Edited by Luckythelepruchaun
Adding bugs

• 1 month later...

Still unable to load Prim +. It's in a state of constant loading, the music works in the background, but still unable to get to the game itself. Tried multiple maps, removed all mods, rebooted the PC, stopped the Antivirus, reinstalled BattlEye a number of times, and even tried it without it - nothing, just the constant loading.

I believe that this is a bug and should be addressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Kibble still not working. No drops on any maps,no dinos on center or island map at all not even fish. No wyverns on scorch no queen bees from bee hives, items wont transfer threw the obs only works if you tranfer your character with items in your inventory. 

My wifes character always stands up on all dinos she rides, never sits down.  Spinach doesn't seem to work for ovis only cakes.  Been like this a while please fix

• 4 weeks later...

The ps4 NA ragnarock server has been crazy laggy with many times dcing. And just now 7:00mst the server dced and has disapeared from server list. Even after 10 mins  server still not showing. Possibly had couple dinos die from it. Need massive fix on lagging and dcing issues.

Seems female characters stand up on all dinos while riding them.

Long log in screens and loading into servers.

Edited by Armywife19

• 2 months later...

I'm playing on ps4 single player crystal isles and I can't pick up creatures with my argy like anky, doed, or dilo and the superior kibble have been taming creatures at 1 percent per feed. I haven't used the other kibbles yet so I don't know how effective they are. Also crystal wyverns aren't spawning or they just have a non existent spawn rate and the game crashes when the taming page is opened.

Edited by Sauskeshippuden

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I figured out a fix for the stego issue on Primitive Plus that I've seen mentioned here.  It's a stupid easy of a fix that literally all WC would have to do is commit some files to the repo and push it out.  Doesn't even require the editor.  Works for both single player and will also work on dedicated servers as long as these changes are on both the server and the client.  Hopefully what I have below makes sense.

Go to the ARK installation folder and open the Primitive Plus mod folder.  Example location below
MOD FOLDER LOCATION
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\111111111\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Dinos\Stego

Open another window and go to the base Primal Earth folder
PRIMAL EARTH
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Dinos\Stego

In the 111111111 folder you will see a few files in that stego folder.

All you have to do is match the files from the primal earth folder to the Mod folder, copy, and overwrite them.  DO NOT take any extra files over to the Mod folder.  Here is the list of files that should be in the mod folder for reference.
(NOTE: these are the files in the 111111111 stego folder)
image.png.e9116a51863e01dbe02c3261d4bb7bb9.png

image.png.4683ad2b4f673ca087e53fc4b5c23c3f.png

image.png.c3534bc17705edf25424ead88a5dfcc9.png

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 10:13 PM, AnkhNeter said:

I figured out a fix for the stego issue on Primitive Plus that I've seen mentioned here.  It's a stupid easy of a fix that literally all WC would have to do is commit some files to the repo and push it out.  Doesn't even require the editor.  Works for both single player and will also work on dedicated servers as long as these changes are on both the server and the client.  Hopefully what I have below makes sense.

Go to the ARK installation folder and open the Primitive Plus mod folder.  Example location below
MOD FOLDER LOCATION
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\111111111\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Dinos\Stego

PRIMAL EARTH
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Dinos\Stego

All you have to do is match the files from the primal earth folder to the Mod folder, copy, and overwrite them.  DO NOT take any extra files over to the Mod folder.  Here is the list of files that should be in the mod folder for reference.

Nicely done sir.
I wish they could simply read the community comments. I would love to have a way to contact devs or even admins as tickets are only useful to recover dinos apparently.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
在2021/6/12 在 AM4点13分, AnkhNeter 说:

在2021/6/12 在 AM4点13分, AnkhNeter 说:

MOD FOLDER LOCATION

PRIMAL EARTH

thanks, it really works

• 3 weeks later...

So, I can't seem to find a mention of this anywhere else, but the new Lost Island map is completely broken in Prim+ mode on xbox. Nothing spawns. My brother and I have both had this issue. We've spawned into multiple different locations on the map with no change. He finally found a handful of Pteranodons, but none of the three new species, and barely anything else.
I'm not even sure where to open a support ticket about this. 
We've tried to turn up the spawn rate in the settings, but it caps out at 1.0 and won't let us put it higher. The map is a complete ghost town.
I've loaded the map in regular survival mode and it's perfectly fine. This only seems to be happening in Prim+
Is this an xbox only issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

8 hours ago, TheRook said:

So, I can't seem to find a mention of this anywhere else, but the new Lost Island map is completely broken in Prim+ mode on xbox. Nothing spawns. My brother and I have both had this issue. We've spawned into multiple different locations on the map with no change. He finally found a handful of Pteranodons, but none of the three new species, and barely anything else.
I'm not even sure where to open a support ticket about this. 
We've tried to turn up the spawn rate in the settings, but it caps out at 1.0 and won't let us put it higher. The map is a complete ghost town.
I've loaded the map in regular survival mode and it's perfectly fine. This only seems to be happening in Prim+
Is this an xbox only issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, everyone is having this problem. More dinos seem to spawn the longer you play on the map, but nothing like what it should. Most everything is in the desert and by the volcano. 

I had to spawn wyverns and their nests into the wyvern trenches to get eggs to spawn. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

July 15 2022 So far the bugs I am aware of on XboxOfficial PVP NA Primitive Plus

Extinct Animal Beavers none in all 3 spawns

Wyverns or eggs none in wyvern trench Ragnarok

Advanced Workbench engram can be bought with points but will not show up in any Smithys I've tried placing new ones also. Unable to craft.

Can not put carbon in forges can not make steel. 

We can only make stone items.

Developers, Wild Card, someone please fix these.

Edited by Futurebloodline

• 2 weeks later...