Why do people kill others tame?

BubbaTheGreat

I understand it's pvp, and anything goes, but killing people tame is really a crappy thing to do. Unless they've done something to you, it's better just to leave their games alive. For starters, they won't be able to find you and blame you, and secondly you'll be able to raid them again faster:). Dinos help you get back on your feet.

13 minutes ago, Bongoloid said:

Dinos are targetable, non-respawning weapons. It makes sense.

I had an instance where a tribe( one of the alpha tribes) killed the tames of a small tribe. They had no need to do so as the tames where keeps in a seperate pen. I think your right when it comes to large tribes vs large tribes, but in instances like the one above they are probably just being jerks.

Just now, BubbaTheGreat said:

I had an instance where a tribe( one of the alpha tribes) killed the tames of a small tribe. They had no need to do so as the tames where keeps in a seperate pen. I think your right when it comes to large tribes vs large tribes, but in instances like the one above they are probably just being jerks.

As you stated in the original post, its pvp.  Dino's of another tribe are potential future threats of another tribe.  That would be one way they may look at it.  However, in most cases with pvp servers, its just a way for the stronger to flex their muscle, just for kicks.   

Basically, this is unfortunately what you're being groomed for when you join a pvp server. The only viable solution is to not join one.

That said though, even on pve servers can have griefing issues with tames at times.

39 minutes ago, Novarae said:

As you stated in the original post, its pvp.  Dino's of another tribe are potential future threats of another tribe.  That would be one way they may look at it.  However, in most cases with pvp servers, its just a way for the stronger to flex their muscle, just for kicks.   

Basically, this is unfortunately what you're being groomed for when you join a pvp server. The only viable solution is to not join one.

That said though, even on pve servers can have griefing issues with tames at times.

I guess so. I prefer to raid sneakily though, it prevents me from being annihilated by alliances of tribes or by the policing alpha tribes. I'm a one man tribe, killing my dinos would be devastating. Rn I'm thinking of putting some dinos in a raft and leaving them out at sea, so if I get raided I won't have to restart over completely .

Probably because it's fun! 

This is one of the few games I enjoy for the sheer sadistic side of life.

Example, a 120 quetzal is being tamed on an official server. That's nearly 5 hours. I'll wait 4.8 hours until I hit it a couple times, if not kill it entirely.

That's worth. I've either farmed or alpha hunter, water dropped ect whilst someone else has wasted nearly 5 hours of their life for nothing. It goes the same for hitting tribe tames and bases. This game has such a real time investment that it's worth messing with people!

46 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Example, a 120 quetzal is being tamed on an official server. That's nearly 5 hours. I'll wait 4.8 hours until I hit it a couple times, if not kill it entirely.

That's worth. I've either farmed or alpha hunter, water dropped ect whilst someone else has wasted nearly 5 hours of their life for nothing. It goes the same for hitting tribe tames and bases. This game has such a real time investment that it's worth messing with people!

Everyone knows about rafts being left at sea. Sometimes one of my tribe members fly around the ocean looking for rafts to break into. In our case we aren't a big tribe so we would only steal saddles and items, but an alpha might just slaughter your Dino's.  So you have to at least get it turreted. 

59 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Wow... And you think you aren't wasting nearly 5 hours of your life by trolling other people in a virtual game?

2 hours ago, BubbaTheGreat said:

I understand it's pvp, and anything goes, but killing people tame is really a crappy thing to do. Unless they've done something to you, it's better just to leave their games alive. For starters, they won't be able to find you and blame you, and secondly you'll be able to raid them again faster:). Dinos help you get back on your feet.

Is this a coincidence or are you the famous bubbagannoosh? 

As for the Topic:

People are douchebags.

I play PVE and people(well one tribe consistently does this) I've lost two(rather large) basses and 60 tames. I now have everything on a few boats because I am so sick of wasting 16+ hrs a day taming dinos just for this one tribe to come destroy everything :( He has his base on Herbivor Island and thinks this means no one else is allowed to step foot on it. Which I did to gather and get some easy tames when I first started. I'm level 48 and just want to give up at this point. I wouldn't care if I played PVP because it is somewhat expected but I play PVE to enjoy the game. People can be bogus. ?

On March 7, 2016 at 5:38 AM, FaneBlackwing said:

The problem is you're on PvP.

Any sort of game with PvP you'll always have those people that want to torment others and ruin the fun for them. It's to be expected.

True. If you looking for the worse people go to a PvP server. It's a magnet for those players. When they get their ass delivered to them they then go on a PvE server and do all they can to prevent others to have fun. They are basically cowards.

• 9 months later...

It's just pvp I've played it for awhile didn't like the tame killing either and didn't do it unless needed. But I realized.(Because  i have  played pve before so I know this) if you play pvp and don't  want to be a asshole and kill everyone  else's stuff take them for all they have then you're not for pvp,pvp is a competition and you have  to reach the  top  of the server by beating  others in this  competition its fun. Just ark takes  to much  work  fot me to enjoy that. But It's  the game and the game would be way more amazing. If It didn't have the need of time it does or really if it didn't revolve  around taming on pvp so much but that's ark. Survive,adapt that's why I pve atm I don't wanna have that happen to me and my time of tames

Everyone's said it already, its PvP anything goes. If I come across your dinos and I can, they will be expunged immediately! I don't even tame on PvP anymore as you just lose it over and over.  After all the treatment I have had in PvP, you can bet I'll be looking for any payback I can find and that is what others do as well.

Doesn't matter if your little, medium or the controlling alpha, kill or be killed is the motto at all costs. Its only fair as others decimate my dinos and buildings, so they get to have that come right back on them. This is PvP, its nothing personal, most who have the power can/ will kill and destroy everything you have onsite to prevent your build up or just to be turds.

If you love taming and want to keep what you've worked for have to be in PvE. [which isn't safe anymore now]

On 06/03/2016 at 8:23 PM, Seraphim said:

Someone did that to my tribe once.

A couple other tribes helped us track them down, most of the server agreed that's a sausage move. Less than 4 hours after our quetz tame was ruined, there was nothing left of the tribe that attacked us.

Archived