Wasteland or city?

TheSnives

When I first started playing extinction i wanted to build in the wasteland because i had an enforcer that could one hit any corrupted dino and i liked the near alien landscape of the wasteland. However, my first attempt at a base was destroyed by an orbital drop and there are no flat areas to build. So 2 questions:

1. Is there any reason to build in the wasteland? Does it give you easier access to resources or orbital drops? 

2. What are the advantages of building in the city? Is there any reason to build there other than that its the safest place? 

1. I personally have not found any reason to build in the wasteland other than the nooks and crannies pvpers use to hide from eachother.

2. The city has easy access to element dust from poles and corrupted dinosaurs do not spawn in there. also safety from meteor strikes and you can snap cliff platforms to most of the buildings.  the cons depend on your server, if it is heavily populated most people will have turned the city into a resourceless wasteland full of pillars and taming boxes.

building in the waste land  is a way for more experienced players to challenge themselves if they get bored with the game. it would require alot of upkeep and expect it to get damaged so kind of like pvp in ways. as far as geography ive seen lots of great places for a base. first off theres no other bases out there so its completely open land no pillars or neighbors to deal with. lots of lakes and water sources. there are spots with metal nods but there no single spot with a high concentration. kind of lacking in sources really

1. The Wasteland is a hard place to build. You will have to deal with meteors, corrupted dinos, OSDs and the increased heat and food consumption debuff. It's hard but doable in the right places.

2. The City is protected from the Wasteland's hazards. You can build high up on the skyscrapers and you have an abundance of resources. 

Archived