Extinction Release Megathread

ItWasntMe

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, JayWinter said:

Is releasing a product exactly on time such a big deal?

It is when they've always had this happen, and when they've always set times in their releases... If they had a sense of anything like this being possible, they wouldn't set the times anymore, but yet, they keep doing it.

You'd have thought after all these years, that they'd have some sort of knowledge about this, yet they just keep doing it...

That's why people get pissed about them doing it.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fairly simple. Don't give your customer base an exact date and time unless you're 99% sure you can meet that deadline. Also, IF there are last minutes hiccups, communicate with them before the deadline. There's no way that they didn't know this would take longer than anticipated 30 minutes before the launch time, unless they're the most disorganized studio on the planet.

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It is when they've always had this happen, and when they've always set times in their releases... If they had a sense of anything like this being possible, they wouldn't set the times anymore, but yet, they keep doing it.

You'd have thought after all these years, that they'd have some sort of knowledge about this, yet they just keep doing it...

That's why people get pissed about them doing it.

Maybe they just want to make their player base mad about releasing late. That way game journalists can say stuff like "ARK players are so furious the new DLC didn't come out on time. That's how much they love the game. Go buy ARK right now for $59.99 and all the expansions for $40. . . " Top kek m8, it's always been about the money, this is some kinda advertising tool they're using delaying it back a few hours. 

1 minute ago, JayWinter said:

Is releasing a product exactly on time such a big deal? I mean who in the world would expect a company deliver exactly on the date and time when they say they will? It just doesn't make sense guys! I can't figure this one out! Pls send halp!

Making promises and routinely breaking those promises IS bad, yes.

I work in this industry.

If you say you're going to release a game on a certain date at a certain time and that doesn't happen, the delay notification should come LONG before that release date. A company should not be making promises and put themselves in a situation where they're unsure of their release capability hours before release.

Patches happen. Day 1 content updates are a thing. That's okay. It's okay to release on time and then patch throughout the day or daily. That's entirely acceptable.

Wildcard is notorious for making promises and then breaking them. Wildcard is notorious for making a promise and then quietly breaking that promise and hoping no one notices. Some of those promises broken could have landed them in court over false advertising over their content and I'm glad that didn't happen though somewhat surprised some litigant-happy troll didn't do that.

Wildcard is notorious for sweeping things under the rug and hoping no one notices, then acting like this guy when called on it:

1MQfx3m.jpg

1 minute ago, StickmanStan said:

Making promises and routinely breaking those promises IS bad, yes.

I work in this industry.

If you say you're going to release a game on a certain date at a certain time and that doesn't happen, the delay notification should come LONG before that release date. A company should not be making promises and put themselves in a situation where they're unsure of their release capability hours before release.

Patches happen. Day 1 content updates are a thing. That's okay. It's okay to release on time and then patch throughout the day or daily. That's entirely acceptable.

Wildcard is notorious for making promises and then breaking them. Wildcard is notorious for making a promise and then quietly breaking that promise and hoping no one notices. Some of those promises broken could have landed them in court over false advertising over their content and I'm glad that didn't happen though somewhat surprised some litigant-happy troll didn't do that.

Wildcard is notorious for sweeping things under the rug and hoping no one notices, then acting like this guy when called on it:

1MQfx3m.jpg

This^^   All of this.

To all of those who’re spending vacation time/sick days on this: You really shouldn’t be complaining because you made the mistake here. Considering this game's history with release dates, I expected this would happen.

For once I believed they could actually get it on time, but even then I prepared for a delay. I’ve got a friend I play ark with and my computer is a desktop while his isn’t so he’d have to come over to my place to play, because we’re doing singleplayer (haven’t found an unofficial we both like yet) I knew from the beginning that it’d probably be delayed until a very late point in the day, like with Aberration, so I set the date we’d meet for tomorrow, though I can move it to the day after if necessary.

You really should have prepared for this beforehand instead of wasting vacation time because you want to play a game the second it releases. And if you get that frustrated about a minor delay of a few hours, maybe use the vacation time you used today to go to a spa or something, because you seriously need to chill a little.

2 minutes ago, chaosonex said:

Supported ark since the beginning, and I'm kind of glad this is supposed to be the last expansion.

I don't know what's next for WC, but I am absolutely certain I won't be involved with it. More certain than their release dates and times, any ways.

Same here man, 1.5 years of Early Access play myself - WC is easily one of the best and brightest game developers in the market while ARK is definitely the largest work of art to ever be turned into a game. But their release tactics are questionable to say the least. That's the only downside to WC, other than that they are golden. 

Just now, RowletAlex said:

To all of those who’re spending vacation time/sick days on this: You really shouldn’t be complaining because you made the mistake here. Considering this game's history with release dates, I expected this would happen. For once I believed they could actually get it on time, but even then I prepared for a delay. I’ve got a friend I play ark with and my computer is a desktop while his isn’t so he’d have to come over to my place to play, because we’re doing singleplayer (haven’t found an unofficial we both like yet) I knew from the beginning that it’d probably be delayed until a very late point in the day so I set the date we’d meet for tomorrow, though I can move it to the day after if necessary. You really should have prepared for this beforehand instead of wasting vacation time because you want to play a game the second it releases. And if you get that frustrated about a minor delay of a few hours, maybe use the vacation time you used today to go to a spa or something, because you seriously need to chill a little.

You're really going to place the blame at the foot of the player for WildCard's not learning from their mistakes? This is OUR fault? Nice gaslighting.

3 minutes ago, RowletAlex said:

To all of those who’re spending vacation time/sick days on this: You really shouldn’t be complaining because you made the mistake here. Considering this game's history with release dates, I expected this would happen. For once I believed they could actually get it on time, but even then I prepared for a delay. I’ve got a friend I play ark with and my computer is a desktop while his isn’t so he’d have to come over to my place to play, because we’re doing singleplayer (haven’t found an unofficial we both like yet) I knew from the beginning that it’d probably be delayed until a very late point in the day so I set the date we’d meet for tomorrow, though I can move it to the day after if necessary. You really should have prepared for this beforehand instead of wasting vacation time because you want to play a game the second it releases. And if you get that frustrated about a minor delay of a few hours, maybe use the vacation time you used today to go to a spa or something, because you seriously need to chill a little.

This post is arguably worse than the shoa'h... lmao well meme'd fren, well meme'd indeed!

10 minutes ago, StickmanStan said:

You're really going to place the blame at the foot of the player for WildCard's not learning from their mistakes? This is OUR fault? Nice gaslighting.

No no, Wildcard is at fault here too. I’m kinda annoyed how often I’m right about these delays. They should’ve prepared for this beforehand and had everything ready to go at the flip of a switch, potentially taking the minor risk of a few people playing early. They’ve evidently got no idea what the hell theyre doing if they haven’t learned from all these delays. All I’m saying is we probably should’ve anticipated this happening.

5 minutes ago, RowletAlex said:

To all of those who’re spending vacation time/sick days on this: You really shouldn’t be complaining because you made the mistake here. Considering this game's history with release dates, I expected this would happen.

For once I believed they could actually get it on time, but even then I prepared for a delay. I’ve got a friend I play ark with and my computer is a desktop while his isn’t so he’d have to come over to my place to play, because we’re doing singleplayer (haven’t found an unofficial we both like yet) I knew from the beginning that it’d probably be delayed until a very late point in the day, like with Aberration, so I set the date we’d meet for tomorrow, though I can move it to the day after if necessary.

You really should have prepared for this beforehand instead of wasting vacation time because you want to play a game the second it releases. And if you get that frustrated about a minor delay of a few hours, maybe use the vacation time you used today to go to a spa or something, because you seriously need to chill a little.

you must be really fun at parties

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, StickmanStan said:

Care to try that lie again?

Maybe you should learn what a lie is.

Unless you can prove that I intentionally stated something that wasn't true to mislead people. I posted what it said at the time and considering it changed multiple times in short succession it is very easy for someone to say one thing without realising it has just changed.

But yeah you keep throwing around the word "lie" when you have zero understanding of what that word actually means.

Just now, GP said:

Maybe you should learn what a lie is.

Unless you can prove that I intentionally stated something that wasn't true to mislead people. I posted what it said at the time and considering it changed multiple times in short succession it is very easy for someone to say one thing without realising it has just changed.

But yeah you keep throwing around the word "lie" wshen you have zero understanding of what that word actually means.

Based Flak poster mod

19 minutes ago, JayWinter said:

Is releasing a product exactly on time such a big deal? I mean who in the world would expect a company deliver exactly on the date and time when they say they will? It just doesn't make sense guys! I can't figure this one out! Pls send halp!

But all other companies do. They post a presumed year and a quarter and after some time they drop a full trailer and a normal date. And people stay up and wait and the launch is usually world wide on the same time for everyone take Blizzards last 2 expansions. But in arks case they drop a date and delay it by a month or hours ...

Archived