ARKETYPES: opinions? Results?

Mitsu123

Hi All,  we’ve had ARKETYPES for a bit now. Does anyone have opinions or results for each Arketype?  For instance, what are your personal results with the crowbar?  Which ones are most useful? Which ones are most fun?  Any other comments or questions?   The only thing I’ve heard that is negative is their horrible durability. If these items were so mighty, then their durability would be stellar.  Everyone’s thoughts on Arketypes? 

It IS another way for the dev team to make money.  That’s why they make games. That’s why they are in business.  That should never bother us, ever.  This game took incredible amounts of time and resources  to make.  Real people... developers, programmers, artists... you get it. They all spent gobs of time making this game. And unfortunately for them the mobile app situation has digressed down to only offering free games (to get yours noticed) and hope that people will spend money on IAP.  They have given us an incredible mobile game for free.  Us older gamers would have paid $50 to $60 for a game like this.  It’s TOTALLY OK if you don’t want to put down any real money, that’s your choice.  There is nothing wrong with doing so. But please don’t think the company is doing something evil or underhanded by trying to make money. It’s their job. 

Ok, I’m off of my soapbox... 

back to the content of the post, 

ARKETYPES:  your thoughts, comments, experiences.........

• GroveStreet

Thanks for posting this. The ARKetypes have been very successful for us internally. They are a great way to avoid pay-2-win mechanics. Players can trade each other for the individual crafted ARKetype items, they go across single player and multiplayer since they are a one time purchase, and I think because of this they've been selling pretty well. Purchasing these is probably the #1 thing you can do to both support us, and to keep the game from moving any further towards a P2W design.

We WILL be expanding the selection of ARKetypes and trying to make sure the existing ones feel right. The comment about having to reload the eerie pistol on every equip is a bug we must fix!

I think that putting out the arketypes in the pumpkins has been incredibly successful in terms of marketing as well as gameplay.

I’m ridiculously impressed by the cutlass. I used one in the snow cave and was slashing down those mega level wolves and bats like they were butter. Two, maybe three hits and they were dead. I found it to be way better than my pimp action shotgun. Which takes forever to reload. I must say I was also really unimpressed by its durability. I’m hoping that’s only because it was a freebie. Do the ones you’ve paid for break so easily?

to be honest I’m not 100% sure how the arketypes work. Do you purchase the ability to make them? Or are you purchasing just one of the item?

i have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with @Mitsu123 when it comes to people being unimpressed when game developers are trying to make money from their hard work. It took a lot of time, money and effort to Port ark to mobile and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with them trying to make money from it. They didn’t create it out of the goodness of their hearts to share it with the world. They did it because that’s how they earn a living. I’m pretty sure they can’t pay the rent in amber!

If you were playing the game on pc or console you would’ve had to put your hand in your pocket just to step foot on the beach, but the mobile marketplace is altogether different. There are a hell of a lot of games out there that truly are pay to win, and I’m so glad that this isn’t one of them, I pray that it stays that way. But these guys have the right to make a living and profit off of their hard work. It drives me crazy when people complain about amber, failing to realise that this is one of the very few games where you can earn premium in game currency at a rate where you don’t ever have to spend money unless you want to.

With my earlier comment I maybe sounded a bit negative about that they are 'just to make money'. I totally agree that it's amazing that we can play such a big and complex game all for free! It's great that adding new things as the Arketypes generate more money for the devs but are fine to skip if you don't want to spend more money.

I run my own business (I'm an OT) so I know that you can't do a lot of work for free.

After this said I will consider buying Primall Pass, to support Wardrum.

So i bought the crowbar and havent figured out how to use it , i mean i made it 2 weeks later due to no polymer but , i havent got even  single amber from any rocks,  it wont work at all on single rocks and just smashed regular stone like a pick axe and hatchet, and it wears out real quickly,  

Im not sure if im doing it wrong , any advice would be great,  game is great btw,  love it love it love it,  

If someone knows any tricks with it, please tell

On 10/29/2018 at 3:38 AM, ScreamingViolet said:

I think that putting out the arketypes in the pumpkins has been incredibly successful in terms of marketing as well as gameplay.

I’m ridiculously impressed by the cutlass. I used one in the snow cave and was slashing down those mega level wolves and bats like they were butter. Two, maybe three hits and they were dead. I found it to be way better than my pimp action shotgun. Which takes forever to reload. I must say I was also really unimpressed by its durability. I’m hoping that’s only because it was a freebie. Do the ones you’ve paid for break so easily?

to be honest I’m not 100% sure how the arketypes work. Do you purchase the ability to make them? Or are you purchasing just one of the item?

i have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with @Mitsu123 when it comes to people being unimpressed when game developers are trying to make money from their hard work. It took a lot of time, money and effort to Port ark to mobile and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with them trying to make money from it. They didn’t create it out of the goodness of their hearts to share it with the world. They did it because that’s how they earn a living. I’m pretty sure they can’t pay the rent in amber!

If you were playing the game on pc or console you would’ve had to put your hand in your pocket just to step foot on the beach, but the mobile marketplace is altogether different. There are a hell of a lot of games out there that truly are pay to win, and I’m so glad that this isn’t one of them, I pray that it stays that way. But these guys have the right to make a living and profit off of their hard work. It drives me crazy when people complain about amber, failing to realise that this is one of the very few games where you can earn premium in game currency at a rate where you don’t ever have to spend money unless you want to.

Hi there Violet! :)

I don't think anyone answered your question, "Do you purchase the ability to make them? Or are you purchasing just one of the item?"

I bought the Eerie Pistol, Frog Feet, and Cutlass. (The rest just seem silly to me so far. But that's just me.)

What you get when you purchase (not pumpkins) is a special, red colored blueprint, that allows you to make that item. Interesting points about these blueprints:

1. You cannot remove them from your inventory.

2. Even though you can't remove them from your inventory for the Cutlass you have to be at a smithy and for the pistol you have to be at a fabricator. Have the mats in the smithy/fabricator and select the appropriate blueprint in your inventory/blueprints then hit the craft button.

3. Evidently these are unlimited-use blueprints.

:) Hope that helps. 

-Rakkasan

3 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

Most are badly designed. The community wants skins, haircuts ect. Now they are adding purchasable turrets from the shop with unlimited ammo. Will completely destroy pvp servers. No idea what they are thinking.

Purchasable turrets with unlimited ammo? When did that come out? As far as I know the only Arketypes available at this time are Frog Feet, Frying Pan, Crowbar, Eerie Pistol, and Cutlass. Did I miss one?

Ok, I have some results... I tested the crowbar.  I fully consumed 3 crowbars , using them only on “rich metal nodes”.  My result was 8 Amber from 3 crowbars. 

Note , there are no rocks called “rich metal nodes”  just “metal rock” and there is no name difference between rich metal rocks and metal rocks.  (Which they should) the only way you can tell a rich one is that it will show 3 icons, rock, metal, and amber.  A regular rock just shows the first two.  

I hope that helps.

i will let you decide if 8 amber from 3 crowbars is good or not. 

1 hour ago, Mitsu123 said:

Ok, I have some results... I tested the crowbar.  I fully consumed 3 crowbars , using them only on “rich metal nodes”.  My result was 8 Amber from 3 crowbars. 

Note , there are no rocks called “rich metal nodes”  just “metal rock” and there is no name difference between rich metal rocks and metal rocks.  (Which they should) the only way you can tell a rich one is that it will show 3 icons, rock, metal, and amber.  A regular rock just shows the first two.  

I hope that helps.

i will let you decide if 8 amber from 3 crowbars is good or not. 

I still havent gotten a single amber, out of 2 crowbars,  twice as much metal ore but no ambers yet , i cleared the whole south west island mountain,  definitely gives alot of extra ore 

Im gonna make a few more and keep on keepin on, wether i get amber or not, its worth buying something to help developers, i may buy god mode, just to sand box a super base , game it totaly worth every penny

On 11/3/2018 at 3:31 AM, Rakkasan said:

Hi there Violet! :)

I don't think anyone answered your question, "Do you purchase the ability to make them? Or are you purchasing just one of the item?"

I bought the Eerie Pistol, Frog Feet, and Cutlass. (The rest just seem silly to me so far. But that's just me.)

What you get when you purchase (not pumpkins) is a special, red colored blueprint, that allows you to make that item. Interesting points about these blueprints:

1. You cannot remove them from your inventory.

2. Even though you can't remove them from your inventory for the Cutlass you have to be at a smithy and for the pistol you have to be at a fabricator. Have the mats in the smithy/fabricator and select the appropriate blueprint in your inventory/blueprints then hit the craft button.

3. Evidently these are unlimited-use blueprints.

:) Hope that helps. 

-Rakkasan

Thanks @Rakkasan I wasn’t sure on how it all worked. I had thought it was a one of purchase for one item that didn’t degrade/break and didn’t need to be crafted, so thanks for explaining it.

i don’t get around all that much on foot so I don’t see the purpose of the frog feet really as I’ve got flippers for the oceans, but they may be valuable for jumping walls and such in pvp

After getting a cutlass or five out of pumpkins I’m considering getting that one. It made it very easy to complete the kill ten megalodon pursuit as I suck with bow and arrow. But the durability factor is a big issue.

do you know what resources and quantity that are needed to craft it?

The turret has no business being available on primal pass servers. Paying subscribers are given access to servers advertising a vanilla grind only experience have been duped. False advertisement is a serious problem with mobile apps and developers saying one thing and doing the complete opposite. This feature being available on primal pass servers is grounds for months of refunds from your App Store.

remove the turret from primal pass servers and keep them as advertised. 

Archived