Guest chancho33015

2 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

...But we have to wait, who knows how this is going to play off in the end... only the ark gods know lol

A more comprehensive fix would be to implement scaling multipliers/modifiers that apply a logarithmic an exponential increase in the food consumption of all adult dinos on the server.

A low population server would be largely unaffected, but as tame cap was approached, the amount of food needed to keep every adult dino from starving begins to increase.  Rather than a hard tame cap, the food consumption would become so outrageous that it would impossible to keep dinos fed, and they'd begin to starve... reducing the number of dinos until the effect stabilizes at some level.  If this were to occur, players would be heavily incentivized to use cryopods to escape the creeping  many-dinosaur penalty long before it is reached -- In this fashion, the cryopods provide a suddenly brilliant solution to both problems.

You could also add a second multiplier to the first, so that tribes with many dinos are affected more strongly and sooner than tribes with fewer dinos.  Tribes with a "reasonable" number of dinos (the definition of "reasonable" would scale based on the efforts of the players) wouldn't be affected at all until the community has "too many."

Balanced appropriately, you'd reach a point where most players aren't really affected at all, and a few tribes say things in chat like "Man, I'm getting too many dinos, these guys tore through a whole trough overnight! Anyone able to sell me a cryo-fridge??"

THAT is an incentive, and it doesn't require anyone to choose what dinos they're going to keep or let starve (at least, anyone who wasn't making that decision at 500 dinos already)

Wildcard could abolish the tame cap entirely, since there would always be room for more dinos; it would be impossible for any tribe to have too many, as they would consume food faster than it could be gathered once a certain size was reached.  It solves itself.

At the same time, any tribe willing to make the effort to have an obscenely large dino army could do so... because there would be no cap. Want 1000 pteras?  Well, they'll starve, but okay...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read whole thread but, 1st usually buggy when introduced into public servers has been a thing.

What if they update something and suddenly poof (and you are one of those people to store all your dinos in the pods) GG in 1 shot.

If power is an issue and that is the sustaining factor even thou in reality it makes sense in a game it doesn't. (life not so fun)(games supposed to always be fun) that is why they are made.

Survive the power outage ! dlc soon ;) i smell a trap in the air me thinks.

Edit: long rant about hording dinos for colors.

If the issue is the color trait (keeping females for mutation IN COLORs) the events should help with that, otherwise i had yet another idea, a recipe meal for the dinos that you want to have their colors changed, use the same roll system (but it has to change a color) not the hit or miss one now.  Prepare the meal give it to dino it rolls and it was black and white and is now black red and white something like that, would be great to pick desired color and region (with labels) but that is just hoping. (still like my idea of a machine that is like a paint system machine much like the brush/spray paint) and we are able to change it ourselves, if not a machine a timed ability where we can use the color command or an item that allows it, or people on the server have to work together and it becomes enabled for a duration of time and you can change 1 - 3 dinos colors... idk.

4 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

you are right, there are some people that have multiple accounts...but if they lower the number to 100 per tribe...that will encourage people to put dinos in cryo chambers more and also making those cheaters who want to buy another ark game from another steam account less effective lol i mean, if they lower it to 100 dinos per tribe if a person wants to  have 500 dinos displayed they have to buy ark 5 times...100 dollars just for that...you would have to be pretty dumb to do that lol not to mention buying the DLCs again...so 500 dollars to have 500+ dinos...if anyone does that...dam... 

Lol you have way too much good faith in people almost like you expect them to all hold hands and dance under a rainbow.

Also, you don’t need to buy another account and more DLC when playing on Xbox. The lead account pays for everything else. All accounts on the same box have free access to the lead accounts stuff.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

oh i found what you said. didnt read till now the answer of the other post since it was on another thread ? sorry!

What are you talking about? Keep this in context will you? I was not talking about something I said in another thread, I am talking about what was being said in this thread. I quoted your post talking about the post you responded to. ???Nothing to do with any other thread.

Guest chancho33015
13 hours ago, Rotix said:

Plenty of people if not the VAST majority, love building behemoth size bases. You’re also making a lot of assumptions. “If” they do this then this must happen. You’re also putting alot of faith into Wildcard, a company that doesn’t have the most appealing track record. Wait and see what happens but I won’t hold my breath.

yah, we have to wait and see how it plays out... 

well, if they do lower dino cap, and lower building cap, it will not be an assumption...but that is up to them. ? so, now we wait lol 

Guest chancho33015
6 hours ago, GP said:

What are you talking about? Keep this in context will you? I was not talking about something I said in another thread, I am talking about what was being said in this thread. I quoted your post talking about the post you responded to. ???Nothing to do with any other thread.

ohh then i got totally lost lol sorry ? 

Either way, i am voting for lowering dino cap and even maybe agreeing with cutting building cap 50%.... that is where i stand if that clarifies what i was thinking ? 

Guest chancho33015
9 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Lol you have way too much good faith in people almost like you expect them to all hold hands and dance under a rainbow.

Also, you don’t need to buy another account and more DLC when playing on Xbox. The lead account pays for everything else. All accounts on the same box have free access to the lead accounts stuff.

oh bro, think you are in the wrong thread then. I am talking PC official...

I know xbox is a water-down ark...so that is a totally different way of dealing with ark since they have to talk to Microsoft before releasing anything to agree with standards...so just with that being said you are in an other environment when it comes to releasing DLCs, patches, and other stuff... sorry :/ 

Archived