Argy stuck on top of world

Cynestra

The other day I had a weird issue happen on my Argy.  I had died while flying and was not able to find it.  Once I did find it, I found it was stuck on the top of the world.  After dying a couple times, I retrieved other flyers and managed to park my griffin right under Argy and dismount and mount Argy having griffin follow me.  Anyone else have this issue?  Is it just happening to Argys or does not matter which flyer you are riding?  I play on PC PVE and on Center.

thanks

13 minutes ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

i had the same thing, its only ever happened once, when my argy started fighting another and they spiralled upwards fighting, mine won the fight but then hovered in the sky box.

i had to make it follow me to the top of the volcano and then build ladder and pillars to get upto it !

I believe a patch this summer fixed the fighting birds issue, but not sure if it applies to OP's situation.

Hello,

Yes that happened to me once and to my friend once. I can not remeber how I got them free though. :)

Now the birds take a dive before continuing to attack so it is most likely a thing of the past.

How ever taming a Quetz is more difficult now with that mechanic. Hooks plus health soups needed. It is still a very fun taming process as the Quetz takes to the Redwoods with all dangers around (Island map). Counting each hit to time the knockout fall down to a safe area.

Last Quetzal was a 150, knocked it out on the beach at 50 50 and I died when landing. Area was safe but an other player did take the moment to kite one alpha raptor on to the location. He did loot some gear but left almost all fur gear (in pve). It was unobtainable hypo, 176 hypo gauntlets just to mention one.

good times

Regards,

Ariana 

Long time ago I had done a barrel roll on my Ptero (before flier nerf) on The Center, was touching the ground on South Tropical, barrel rolled into a rock and was suddenly above the top of the skybox, as if I was teleported up there. I never could get her back down through the skybox. Eventually she ran out of stamina, and kicked me off her saddle. I never saw her again.

Something like that once happened to me. I had a pterano (which I think was set to passive flee) and an argent (which I had on passive, and set to follow). Got into a fight with a group of some wild dilos, jumped off the argent by accident, and had to finish the fight on the ground. After being blinded, I still killed all the dilos, but when I turned to look for the argent and pterano, they were nowhere to be found. I looked high and low, nothing. I thought maybe they had somehow phased through the terrain (ARK being buggy as it is), and wrote them off. I was really bummed too, as I wasn't the tribe member who had tamed them and knew losing them would disappoint my tribemates.

A few days later, I'm out flying on another tame, and as I'm passing the general area where the earlier fight happened, I spot something unusual way up in the sky. So I move closer... and lo and behold, here are both the pterano and argent, just hovering in midair. Best I can figure, the argent had actually been following the pterano and not me, so while I was fighting the dilos, the pterano had tried to flee, the argent followed it at close range, and they somehow interfered with each other's pathfinding, spiraling way up to the top of the skybox.

Anyway, I managed to whistle both to follow me, and led them back down to earth. Quite a relief!

A similar situation happened some time later, leaving me stranded far from home base. But that time, a tribemate was able to grab another flying tame and find mine (and retrieve me).

Archived