I hate the new rex look

Jasonc

On 3/2/2018 at 5:00 PM, Onimusha759 said:

There is 1 problem with the rex sneaking tho, how is anything capable of causing tremors when it walks gonna sneak up on something LOL

In real life, rexes and other large predators probably wouldn't have caused tremors or loud noises when walking,  unlike in ARK or Jurassic Park or other media. That's mostly for dramatic effect. Realistically they would have been able to distribute their weight along their feet as they walked instead of stomping, so there wouldn't have been much noise or vibration there.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:00 PM, Onimusha759 said:

There is 1 problem with the rex sneaking tho, how is anything capable of causing tremors when it walks gonna sneak up on something LOL

In real life, elephants are scary quiet when they walk most of the time.  If you're stomping hard enough to make noise (and ground tremors) then that vibration is also going back into your bones and joints.  Movies and games have rexes make stompy noises for dramatic effect and game balance reasons.  The real thing probably made way less noise than you'd think, and certainly way less than it does in the game.

4 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

I think the Rex looks more intimidating now than before. I saw one while on my way to get my Wolf pack, and I actually avoided going near it because I didn't want to be poop stunned.

Only happens if your dino is lower in lvl so either starting at 150 or 151 you will be completely immune to any rex's roar.  I have yet to have it happen to me.

Archived