thylas Devs Ruin thylas... -_-

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

So, thylas on centermap used to be able to climb the lava cave and the ice cave...now they cant...i mean, what else can we say bout ark...they like to "make dinos usless"...great job. Sad...no more #thylapower

You ruin thylas Devs...good job lol...one less usefull dino.

Guest chancho33015
1 minute ago, Oli4 said:

Why can't they climb it anymore? I farmed some artifacts earlier today with a Thyla on the center

did you do the ice cave on the big drop? or the lava cave? cause is impossible now.

13 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

So, thylas on centermap used to be able to climb the lava cave and the ice cave...now they cant...i mean, what else can we say bout ark...they like to "make dinos usless"...great job. Sad...no more #thylapower

You ruin thylas Devs...good job lol...one less usefull dino.

I don't play the Center but this situation seems vaguely similar to the one regarding fliers in caves. It removes the challenge of cave diving and makes it a simple task, and caves are meant to be challenges.

Plus, the Thyla still has immense mobility and power compared to the plethora of tames out there and are potent base defenders in PvP. This change doesn't render them useless, that's a blatant over-exaggeration.

Guest chancho33015
1 minute ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I don't play the Center but this situation seems vaguely similar to the one regarding fliers in caves. It removes the challenge of cave diving and makes it a simple task, and caves are meant to be challenges.

Plus, the Thyla still has immense mobility and power compared to the plethora of tames out there and are potent base defenders in PvP. This change doesn't render them useless, that's a blatant over-exaggeration.

ammm caves are meant to be a challenge...but if they wanted to make you not use a dino from the beggining and not have element ever...then they should of started with that mentality when building the caves...

not making dinos ability suck...seems counterproductive and...somewhat dumb to do it now without letting people know they will make those kind of changes.

5 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

ammm caves are meant to be a challenge...but if they wanted to make you not use a dino from the beggining and not have element ever...then they should of started with that mentality when building the caves...

not making dinos ability suck...seems counterproductive and...somewhat dumb to do it now without letting people know they will make those kind of changes.

I'm not saying using a Dino renders caves simple and easy. Pteras and Argents made it simple and easy because they could fly straight to artifacts and drops without encountering the trouble that is Boas, Araneos, Scorpions, etc... Seems like the Thylacoleo has a similar issue since it can just climb over obstacles and such.

Raptors, Direwolves, and Sabers for example are definitely usable and worth taking into cave expeditions because they make it less of a task. You still have to traverse the entire cave with them to get what you want though. Thylas/Pteras/Argents completely skip over parts of caves with little difficulty at all.

I do agree that maybe they should've inserted it into the patch notes, sneaking in changes isn't fun for the players. Then again, since it isn't listed in the Patch Notes, we don't know if it's an intentional change or an unintended bug.

Guest chancho33015
21 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

My question is...is this game a complete game, or do i feel like we are still in beta stage of the production lol

2 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

My question is...is this game a complete game, or do i feel like we are still in beta stage of the production lol

It's a complete game.

Just like how Destiny 2 and Overwatch are complete games.

They're constantly being worked on and changes are constantly being made. For better or for worse.

10 minutes ago, jhammoz said:

plays a survial games complains its to hard emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. people have just turned ark into a job for grinding element raising babies or making bullets then complaining when there easy ways are being made harder...

Nah to be fair the only way up or down that cave Is the big drop, if you can't climb it with a thylo then you need to fly down with something, so either need to leave the quetz at the bottom where a lot of snakes spawn or get a lift from one of your tribe mates, making it a lot more impractical. 

My tribe usually does it on a dragon, if you land you can walk in without being dismounted, have an extra tribe mate stand on the dragon and jump off to get the artifact, still uses two people  but we live far from the cave and not practical to run there. 

Guest chancho33015
plays a survial games complains its to hard [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. people have just turned ark into a job for grinding element raising babies or making bullets then complaining when there easy ways are being made harder...
Well....if this is a survival game it fails easy by your definition. There isn't a challenge that comes from the actual game it self. The only thing challenging come from other players. This game was clearly design as a platform...not as a survival driven game. It is easy. With or without dinos. So...what is your point?
My point...is why making things annoying...and that they should stop thinking about making players grind unnecessarily.
Your move pikachu lol

Archived