WILDCARD. you guys gotta be trolling with these..

DmpTrkDrvr

Spent last night flying around the Island drop hunting.  Truly got tired of the Crap in your drops.  Honestly I love free goods but the duplicity is a little too much..  The first is a purple drop the second is a Blue..  

This honestly just sucks it has to be a flaw? Right.. because you can't want the drop to have 2 of the same thing..  Do you?

Top picture 2x Medium Crop Blueprints and the second is 2 water jar blueprints... 

Dropa.jpg

Drop b.jpg

YEAH I really don't mind the drops.. BUT doubles are a little weird and had never seen this till this most recent patch.. I understand that it won't be fixed until next update aprox.. week of March 10th given precedent so far But REALLY WANTED TO make sure they're  aware that it's Broke..  It is funny though that I've never seen a double armor or gun blueprint Just accessories.. 

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Franchi said:

double water jar and crop plot bps are very common have been for a long time.

And compass.

The Ark gods must think we are lost, thirsty, and hungry.  Okay...sometimes, that is true, in part or whole.  But, none of these help when we are. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Franchi said:

double water jar and crop plot bps are very common have been for a long time.

this...^^...have seen doubles since i started playing in June, although they seem less frequent now, usually water jar, Md crop plot BP's.

everyone knows the beacons need help (especially the Dev's), some still need moved as they are unreachable, loot table needs revised to include new items, etc.

occasionally there will be good stuff in land drops tho, recently my wife grabbed an apprentice longneck and pike...

5 minutes ago, ImpureFrost said:

The devs said they will fix it in a major update.. However I don't remember when they said it..

People have been complaining about these drops since early summer of last year, at least. How hard can it be to make some changes to the list of possible drops and percentages? It's probably in some kind of database format. They keep adding in new content, much of it broken or buggy, yet leave annoyances like this that are easy to fix for 10 months or more (and counting). It makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, Barahur said:

People have been complaining about these drops since early summer of last year, at least. How hard can it be to make some changes to the list of possible drops and percentages? It's probably in some kind of database format. They keep adding in new content, much of it broken or buggy, yet leave annoyances like this that are easy to fix for 10 months or more (and counting). It makes no sense.

It will be pretty major after all, they have alot of new items that need to implement to the beacons. Just like the optimization phase. They will do it near the end. 

I Should mention This is on XBOX ONE so I've only had the game since December 17th..

I also do get some good drops I got a ramshackle pteradon saddle but.. The Doubles seem to be my biggest issue..  also in a level 45 drop why do you need to put an item that could have been achieved at level 25 with engrams.  Truly nothing in a level (xx) drop should be under the level needed for that drop, it just seems like bad math or flawed code allocation.

IF this is my Biggest problem with a PRE ALPHA build then I really have no problem...  But since we ARE testing this game for Full release these things need correction and this is my Avenue to facilitate that correcting..  

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Truly nothing in a level (xx) drop should be under the level needed for that drop, it just seems like bad math or flawed code allocation.

disagree...going for a red drop should not be a guarantee of level 60 swag, just a much higher chance. this is of course only my opinion, i have no idea of the actual implementation.

11 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

IF this is my Biggest problem with a PRE ALPHA build then I really have no problem...  But since we ARE testing this game for Full release these things need correction and this is my Avenue to facilitate that correcting..  

totally agree  

I just don't go for the drops anymore. If i'm on my way and the drops are on my way? I go and get it. But if there's even 1 dilo, it would probably be too much trouble to get off my mount (I only use "bad" flying mounts on purpose, leveling them ruins the fun). Why would i take the extra 10 seconds for another medium crop plot bp, with a very small chance to actually get something usefull? In my experience the chance of getting something nice and worth the trouble is higher on blue drops, than on red/yellow ones. But this could be confirmation bias, i'll start tracking it a bit better. 

19 hours ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

YEAH I really don't mind the drops.. BUT doubles are a little weird and had never seen this till this most recent patch.. I understand that it won't be fixed until next update aprox.. week of March 10th given precedent so far But REALLY WANTED TO make sure they're  aware that it's Broke..  It is funny though that I've never seen a double armor or gun blueprint Just accessories.. 

I have had doubles before the latest patch.

Archived