How many boulders do you need for a 140-150 crab?

AdligerAdler

2 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

If you kill it, your trap is bad. But yes 17-20 boulders I'd say

Already tested the trap in singleplayer and worked well.

I built a 4x4x4 with ramps on 3 sides. The trap side facing the turret is 3 doorframes high (could have built all sides 3 high but I want to tame spinos in there too). Pillar with turret on is 4 pillars high and 3 foundations away from taming pen. 

21 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

20 max. Also we don't do body shots, we do head shots. Much easier to land from the floor as opposed being higher than the trap. Get a friend to use a magnifying glass to check its torpor vs HP, if its going to die,Leave it to regen back to full hp, they have really high hp regen in the wild. 

if you want to regain hp faster use bodys 
1 bodu of char heals him up 400 hp
did today tame 135 with 3,8k hp and used bodys to heal him up

23 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

20 max. Also we don't do body shots, we do head shots. Much easier to land from the floor as opposed being higher than the trap. Get a friend to use a magnifying glass to check its torpor vs HP, if its going to die,Leave it to regen back to full hp, they have really high hp regen in the wild. 

I have no idea why people keep saying wild crabs' health regens fast. 145 crab had 6k health and regenerated like 1 health per second. Took forever.

1 hour ago, Sorover said:

1 headshot with a cannon will do the trick, 2 bodyshots will also do it.

All the Karkinos i've tried to down with a catapult so far has died. Another thread explained how the catapult is good for the low level Karkinos, while the cannon is good for anything 110+

Won't the taming effectiveness be terrible if using a cannon?

11 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Won't the taming effectiveness be terrible if using a cannon?

I honestly can't tell if it is a bug, or a feature (Just like every glitch in ark these days). I've tamed roughly 6-7 Karkinos with a cannon, some with body blows, and some with headshots. A couple of them has come out with 100% taming efficiency, while the others go straight to 61% when downed. And i honestly can't tell if it is the cannon explosion proccing after it is downed, if it is a straight up glitch, or if the cannon is actually meant to give it lower efficiency.

As far as i know, the way you down a creature usually doesn't have an impact on it's efficiency at all. But untill someone can link me an actual answer from WC, i will continue believing it's just another one of their many bugs :-) 

53 minutes ago, Sorover said:

I honestly can't tell if it is a bug, or a feature (Just like every glitch in ark these days). I've tamed roughly 6-7 Karkinos with a cannon, some with body blows, and some with headshots. A couple of them has come out with 100% taming efficiency, while the others go straight to 61% when downed. And i honestly can't tell if it is the cannon explosion proccing after it is downed, if it is a straight up glitch, or if the cannon is actually meant to give it lower efficiency.

As far as i know, the way you down a creature usually doesn't have an impact on it's efficiency at all. But untill someone can link me an actual answer from WC, i will continue believing it's just another one of their many bugs :-) 

Yes normally the method of ko wouldn't matter, but saw a vid where a guy got poop efficiency everytime with the cannon and near 100% with catapult

I seriously can't get this poop to work. I can't really see if the boulder has hit body or leg (looks like body but apparently it's sometimes leg) and always get it to about 5k/6.5k torpor and it's almost dead. Then I wait until it has 250 health agaon and shoot again. But by then it has already lost too much torpor again. I really don't want to wait over an hour until it has fully regenerated. Another high level crab dead.

10 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

I seriously can't get this poop to work. I can't really see if the boulder has hit body or leg (looks like body but apparently it's sometimes leg) and always get it to about 5k/6.5k torpor and it's almost dead. Then I wait until it has 250 health agaon and shoot again. But by then it has already lost too much torpor again. I really don't want to wait over an hour until it has fully regenerated. Another high level crab dead.

Did you try my cheap trap? 3x3 pillars so that the shell stay in the same spot all the time. The crab will only rotate wich doesnt matter. 

2 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Did you try my cheap trap? 3x3 pillars so that the shell stay in the same spot all the time. The crab will only rotate wich doesnt matter. 

No I have a 3x3 doorframes trap. And when it's showing its sides towards me then the legs are in the way and I can't hit its body. 

32 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

No I have a 3x3 doorframes trap. And when it's showing its sides towards me then the legs are in the way and I can't hit its body. 

Its too much space i'd say. When it can move around its pure luck if you hit the shell. 

If you hit the legs your catapult is maybe not placed high enough?

37 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

Its too much space i'd say. When it can move around its pure luck if you hit the shell. 

If you hit the legs your catapult is maybe not placed high enough?

If I place the catapult higher then I might not be able to hit the shell when the crab is running against the wall that is pointing towards me.

But I will place your 3x3 pillar square inside my 3x3 doorframes and see if that helps. I don't remove the doorframes because the trap serves me as spino trap as well.

Archived