What happens when you mounted on Giga and go afk?

ondere

6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Giga was probably on passive. Always leave on neutral :(

and what would that change?

he was ON his dino (rider?)
dinos with a rider ignore their behaviour setting.
a giga with a rider on neutral will not defend itself when attacked

if not, how can a theri even reach the back of a giga?

Just now, ondere said:

I was on it, mounted... it doesn't helps if you put it on neutral...

3 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

and what would that change?

he was ON his dino (rider?)
dinos with a rider ignore their behaviour setting.
a giga with a rider on neutral will not defend itself when attacked

if not, how can a theri even reach the back of a giga?

Ah thats the problem then. You really need to unmount unfortunately. When you said standing I assummed you ment you unmounted the giga. 

How does it matter if the theri can reach the back of the giga ? Question should be why was the theri attacking the giga in the first place. Not a smart theri...

Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Ah thats the problem then. You really need to unmount unfortunately. When you said standing I assummed you ment you unmounted the giga. 

How does it matter if the theri can reach the back of the giga ? Question should be why was the theri attacking the giga in the first place. Not a smart theri...

it matters alot, dinos aggro on type

small dinos aggro on small dinos
medium dinos aggro on medium and small
see the pattern?

a giga is massiven only thing that should aggro is another giga, or dinos who's behaviour are territorial (theri, troodon,...)
if he was on his giga player+dino are seen as massive
if he was not on his giga(just standing on the back) the giga would be massive while the player would be seen as small

what does this mean? that dinos would still attack the player.
if you sit on a giga no rex will attack you
if you stand on a giga, the rex will ignore the giga and attack the player (neutral giga would defend the owner then)

so my question was, IF he was not riding the dino, but standing on-top of it..howcould the theri even reach/attack the player whilst ignoring the giga?

this would be different for ppretty much every dino
yet, for theri they attack EVERYTHING 

1 minute ago, raptorjesus666 said:

it matters alot, dinos aggro on type

see the pattern?

a giga is massiven only thing that should aggro is another giga, or dinos who's behaviour are territorial (theri, troodon,...)
if he was on his giga player+dino are seen as massive
if he was not on his giga(just standing on the back) the giga would be massive while the player would be seen as small

what does this mean? that dinos would still attack the player.
if you sit on a giga no rex will attack you
if you stand on a giga, the rex will ignore the giga and attack the player (neutral giga would defend the owner then)

so my question was, IF he was not riding the dino, but standing on-top of it..howcould the theri even reach/attack the player whilst ignoring the giga?

Isnt that my point ?. They need to rework the dino AI. No theri should go near a giga. As no dilo should attack me when I am on a rex, yet they do. 

But the moral of the story here is that until certain changes are made never ever afk on a dino, even a giga,  in a danger zone unless in the safety of your own base. If you have to unmount stand on the saddle with it on neutral and it can defend itself.

7 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

see the pattern?

Theri are territorial, not aggressive, sot of like a dire bear. You attack it, they aggo, you get to close, they aggro. I do agree its dumb for a theri to attack a giga tho

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

No theri should go near a giga. As no dilo should attack me when I am on a rex, yet they do. 

Eh, that would diminish the 'survival' aspect of the game. Territorial dinos are called... territorial for a reason lol. I mean look at those pos pegos! They attack ANYTHING unless they manage to steal something from the player. *shrug*

1 minute ago, Pic1 said:

Eh, that would diminish the 'survival' aspect of the game. Territorial dinos are called... territorial for a reason lol. I mean look at those pos pegos! They attack ANYTHING unless they manage to steal something from the player. *shrug*

Yeah I know that, but the theri aggroing the giga isnt adding to the survival aspect of the  player, unless afking lol. But 9.999 times out of 10 its stupid for the theri to agrro the giga. Its feasable for it to fend off a rex though for example. Unless it has a chance of a proper fight it really ought to avoid larger predators at all costs, doesnt matter if the giga is in the theris territory, its the gigas territory now :D

Dont get me started on pegos....

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

But 9.999 times out of 10 its stupid for the theri to agrro the giga. Its feasable for it to fend off a rex though for example. Unless it has a chance of a proper fight it really ought to avoid larger predators at all costs, doesnt matter if the giga is in the theris territory, its the gigas territory now

That depends on the cognitive understanding of the dino in question. Let's take the example of a theri. If it believes that its claws can damage something bigger than itself, it will definitely attack anything that gets too close to comfort and maybe hopes that its target will either run away or die before it does. Dinos, no matter how big and powerful they got, were still animals, with varying levels of animal-level intelligence.

2 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

That depends on the cognitive understanding of the dino in question. Let's take the example of a theri. If it believes that its claws can damage something bigger than itself, it will definitely attack anything that gets too close to comfort and maybe hopes that its target will either run away or die before it does. Dinos, no matter how big and powerful they got, were still animals, with varying levels of animal-level intelligence.

Yes you are right. This is feasable for the theri for almost all large carnivores. As a ecologist I would expect that teritorial behaviour from theris towards larger carnivores such as rexs, spinos etc heck even towards other herbivores and even towards other theris if I wanted to get pernickaty. I just find a giga is pushing it a bit too much for a theri, the size difference is too much. It should only fight a giga as a last resort.

8 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

Right because dinos don't understand really that it has no chance but they do understand that it's his territor and no  matter how big the Dino is the theri will attack at any time if you get too close

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

It should only fight a giga as a last resort.

May be. It all depends on the size of its brain and how 'threatened' it feels. Especially a mother. Anyways, doesn't matter what a wild animal would do irl does it? I think WC wanted to have diversity in their behavior so this game would feel more exciting. All I wanna say is no matter how experienced we get, this game can still surprise us by killing us in bizarre, unimaginable ways lol.

3 minutes ago, iHardcoreTiger said:

Right because dinos don't understand really that it has no chance but they do understand that it's his territor and no  matter how big the Dino is the theri will attack at any time if you get too close

Can't say if you're being sarcastic lol.

3 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

May be. It all depends on the size of its brain and how 'threatened' it feels. Especially a mother. Anyways, doesn't matter what a wild animal would do irl does it? I think WC wanted to have diversity in their behavior so this game would feel more exciting. All I wanna say is no matter how experienced we get, this game can still surprise us by killing us in bizarre, unimaginable ways lol.

Oh I hear you there. Thats one thing I love about this game. You think your nice and safe and then bang your dead. You thought you were far enough away from that redwood tree but that thylo had other ideas.... Have to be on your tippy toes constantly and dont let your guard down ever.

Some times even a mother will abandon its young ( not saying they wont fight to the death for them though) theres always the next breeding cycle ( dependent on species of course).

I know its just a game at the end of the day.Its just one or two thing seem a bit silly :D

6 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Guys getting angry at each other in this topic. The guy went AFK while riding his giga and learnt the cruel but necessary lesson of you're never safe in Ark even when you think you are.

Lets all just chill n crack a cold one

This is the mentality of a true Ark player he has endured death after death of unexplained circumstances from accidentally pressing the dismount button while mid air on a ptera to accidentally walking past that rex in the trees. From being chased by piranha to simply accidentally eating too many narcoberries whilst in hostile territory.

Tell me im wrong :P (between the ptera thing i do on a regular basis the amount of times i have to search for a lost ptera is ridiculous)

Archived