Claims of whole server wipes

bigfishrob

• Wildcard Community
Just now, Velarius said:

To be fair, trolls use that tactic all the time to cause trouble for other tribes in pvp. Want to get a tribe wiped? Run around to other tribes with yours named the exact same as theirs. Kill their poop, troll then sit back and enjoy the ensuing chaos. I've fought this kind of troll before, its a pain in the ass.

I am well aware of the tactic, however by the claim that Triplebox is making, this troll tribe set themselves up for failure by masquerading as his tribe, during a time where said tribe was being systematically removed from servers for misconduct.

1 minute ago, Eli said:

I am well aware of the tactic, however by the claim that Triplebox is making, this troll tribe set themselves up for failure by masquerading as his tribe, during a time where said tribe was being systematically removed from servers for misconduct.

ok? Thats almost a contradictory point you are making. Nobody ever said all trolls or even most were intelligent. Trolling isn't about not setting yourself up for failure, trolls die and lose everything all the time. They are just happy as long as their goal was accomplished, tarnished name, said server getting wiped, pissing gms off at their target further? You can't assume you know the trolls intelligence or motivations

9 minutes ago, Eli said:

No this is not what i am saying.

" this troll tribe set themselves up for failure by masquerading as his tribe" 

In any post i made were did i say a tribe on OC-462 was using our tribe name?

OC-462 Primitive - VDD use to play on this server 6 months prior to getting GM wiped Jan 2017

OC-462 Primitive - Most structures and Dinos wiped off server from ALL tribes not just 1 tribe , Jan 2017 the exact same day VDD was wiped off all servers. 

OC-462 Primitive - Was on the "VDD Server List" that was posted in the official tester discord.

THE END

1/1000000

2 hours ago, TripleBox said:

"improbable claims" They made this topic after numerous support tickets were sent in with no answer for a month.

How long have you been apart of The Wildcard Team friend?

Yeah that thread is pretty useless in this case and doesn't give any proof or any light on the topic. People just claim "happened out of nowhere". You have rational people, and the ones who go "Wildcard iz ze eviel, they are mean and deleted our ztuff 4 no reazon!!!"

WC does not punish innocents. And those innocents cannot prove WC punished them for innocence.

It was Russia! 
Just kidding
Even the most noob admin knows you can simply erase a tribes structures, dinos, players, and entire existence off of a server without it effecting anyone or anything else. 
On top of this, any person who has owned and ran a server knows that while they may be extremely rare in occurence, sometimes crap just happens. You'll get players coming to you saying their stuff dissapeared(after an update sometimes, other times for no obvious reason) or something strange has happened, and if your unlucky enough sometimes itll affect multiple people or even the whole server. if you dont know how to use the backups properly(a problem in itself) or dont have one thats recent enough then theres not much you can do for them either. 
Nothings perfect. While the odds are against them, I absolutely believe that wildcard and its team knew how to use their own commands and tools and file system well enough to not have to wipe the whole server. Given that, I also believe that what happened was unintended.
Look at the big picture, its tough to get them to punish tribes often times, because they need undeniable proof and reason to act. to think theyd do the opposite and just flippantly go wiping anyone and everyone is out of character with their largely deist-like way or running things.

6 minutes ago, mgsgta3 said:

It was Russia! 
Just kidding
Even the most noob admin knows you can simply erase a tribes structures, dinos, players, and entire existence off of a server without it effecting anyone or anything else. 
On top of this, any person who has owned and ran a server knows that while they may be extremely rare in occurence, sometimes crap just happens. You'll get players coming to you saying their stuff dissapeared(after an update sometimes, other times for no obvious reason) or something strange has happened, and if your unlucky enough sometimes itll affect multiple people or even the whole server. if you dont know how to use the backups properly(a problem in itself) or dont have one thats recent enough then theres not much you can do for them either. 
Nothings perfect. While the odds are against them, I absolutely believe that wildcard and its team knew how to use their own commands and tools and file system well enough to not have to wipe the whole server. Given that, I also believe that what happened was unintended.
Look at the big picture, its tough to get them to punish tribes often times, because they need undeniable proof and reason to act. to think theyd do the opposite and just flippantly go wiping anyone and everyone is out of character with their largely deist-like way or running things.

This is a Youtube video of an Official Wildcard Admin taking 40 minutes to demolish a 10x6 Metal Base.

I will admit when I am wrong...
 in this case, I was wrong. lol
That was welllll after update 226.5 released back on December, 12,  2015.(when destroytribestructure was added) and thats Stark doing the commands soooo yeah. That was sloppy to say the least.
Im not even going near whether the reasoning was legitimate or not though, ha. at face value it seems legit but some questionable things were brought up in comments. 

8 minutes ago, mgsgta3 said:

I will admit when I am wrong...
 in this case, I was wrong. lol
That was welllll after update 226.5 released back on December, 12,  2015.(when destroytribestructure was added) and thats Stark doing the commands soooo yeah. That was sloppy to say the least.
Im not even going near whether the reasoning was legitimate or not though, ha. at face value it seems legit but some questionable things were brought up in comments. 

We literally came back the next week and setup a new base on 10-30 and it got rocketed out from under the map because we couldn't put turrets down there.

We did come back a month or 2 later after that and steamrolled the entire server within 48 hours tho.

1 hour ago, TripleBox said:

We literally came back the next week and setup a new base on 10-30 and it got rocketed out from under the map because we couldn't put turrets down there.

We did come back a month or 2 later after that and steamrolled the entire server within 48 hours tho.

OOOHHH. You guys were building under the map because otherwise people could rocket your base from under the map? Puts the comments about "instead of wiping tribes just fix the map so people cant build under it" into context perfectly. 

This is a Youtube video of an Official Wildcard Admin taking 40 minutes to demolish a 10x6 Metal Base.

This is actually enjoyable to watch despite these guys bad attitudes. Being upset the Admin hadn't taken action against other cheaters is understandable. Being upset because you're having action taken against you for exploiting not so much. Though far too common on games. As far as the Admin behavior well that is really up to WC and I didn't watch long enough to see anything I'd say was an abuse of power. Just seemed like the admin enjoyed taking away their toys because of their behavior. Personally I like aggressive policy enforcement provided the players caught in it are actually breaking the ToS. They didn't owe them a grace period regardless how much time they had in exploiting the game. All that profanity and verbal diarrhea they were spewing is what happens when players like them take it in the feels. lol

• Wildcard Community

I remember the incident involving this video in question. The dev flying around and demolishing this base is doing so manually because the warning he issued involved the removal of this specific base, found to have been using exploits. Had he used admin commands to remove the structures belonging to the tribe in question, it would have removed every structure they have on the server, which is not what they had set out to do.

Furthermore, this video doesn't help your claim of a server being wiped due to not being able to find your tribe as you can clearly see here that one with admin privileges is right there, removing your questionable base.

2 hours ago, Eli said:

I remember the incident involving this video in question. The dev flying around and demolishing this base is doing so manually because the warning he issued involved the removal of this specific base, found to have been using exploits. Had he used admin commands to remove the structures belonging to the tribe in question, it would have removed every structure they have on the server, which is not what they had set out to do.

Furthermore, this video doesn't help your claim of a server being wiped due to not being able to find your tribe as you can clearly see here that one with admin privileges is right there, removing your questionable base.

1/1000000 mate, thanks for tucking me in i will have sweet dreams tonight happy Halloween. Great work on the event this year i am very impressive with the effort the team has put into this years event. I landed at a supply drop and got a random survival of the fittest trophy with 3 random players names on it. You better not waste anymore time on the forums and get back to getting Abberation released by 2018. :Helmet:

7 hours ago, TripleBox said:

1/1000000 mate, thanks for tucking me in i will have sweet dreams tonight happy Halloween. Great work on the event this year i am very impressive with the effort the team has put into this years event. I landed at a supply drop and got a random survival of the fittest trophy with 3 random players names on it. You better not waste anymore time on the forums and get back to getting Abberation released by 2018. :Helmet:

Robbie you should just feel lucky Eli spent so much time on you last night. ;) 

13 hours ago, TripleBox said:

Typical reply from someone of your caliber. 

You got busted bugging under the map, and i laughed my ass off first time that vid came out, and thanks for another laugh now.

On 10/30/2017 at 8:37 AM, bigfishrob said:

Seen somebody running around a chat claiming wildcard stated if a tribe on a server was found to be cheating, glitching ect that they would wipe the ENTIRE server bc of the one tribe. Can anyone confirm or deny via wildcard post that this is true? If it is why would they expect anyone to report abuse for risk of losing all their work as well for no reason?

This is a rumor. No one can provide you with a Wildcard post that says it's true or untrue because it never happened. 

A while back they wiped tribes off of servers, but never a server due to one tribe. 

On 30.10.2017 at 10:00 PM, Eli said:

While we do punish unwitting accomplices to cheaters and exploiters, we do not punish unaffiliated innocent parties. We would never wipe a whole server to punish a select few.

And this is more then unprofessional.

you literally said that you ban innocent people, i mean the raptor.

in the last ban waves i know of people that got banned that weren't online since a week after the release, they didn't know of anything like that, they couldn't report anything so why are they banned, that not just unprofessional, thats almost criminal. if i get a lawyer i would wind this easily but its not worth it.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:00 AM, Eli said:

While we do punish unwitting accomplices to cheaters and exploiters, we do not punish unaffiliated innocent parties. We would never wipe a whole server to punish a select few.

If this is true I'd love to know what happened to 463 :) the entire server disappeared from listings and the rumors I heard is that the server was mostly owned by one tribe that had floating bases, which you can check out in the save files fyi :)

On 10/31/2017 at 10:17 AM, TripleBox said:

When VDD got GM wiped on 5 Official Servers in Jan 2017 (An inaccurate list sent to them by game testers), one of the servers was OC-Primitive-462 which we had not played on in over 6 months. The entire Server got wiped because they couldn't find our base LOL.

I would say longer than 6months mate, there was almost no VDD based structures left, but the original tribe which was merged into many other tribes on the server still remained. It also brought maybe 1 or 2 blocked spawns which was never confirmed as a reason, and would have been a poor one at that as I think the only blocked one I knew of was a behem that was placed near stone henge (which was one of the main bases) that had you spawn inside it

Also note to all those reading this a Primitive server not vanilla which is what VDD was being wiped on at the time. 

On 10/31/2017 at 11:19 AM, Eli said:

Just so you know eli this incident on 462, the tribe was called "Native"

Originally "VDD" + "Refugees" + A.R. & K Construction + Blue Knight + some others I can't recall at the moment.

Also no original VDD people were left in that tribe anymore after they went to vanilla. I also think no actual reason was ever given, regardless of the tribe members submitting tickets and other players on the server

Archived