ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we have  PvP within a tribe disabled entirely on PVE Official Servers, or at least for players of lower tribe rank? A couple of trolls entered my tribe and piked 2 therizinos, a giga, and a sheep whilst no-one was looking and BOLD FACE LIED about it (seriously, I worry for the future of those 2 kids.).

For that matter, a dedicated troll can easily pincode or unlock doors and boxes so that they can dump, steal, or consume the contents after being kicked from the tribe. (Which is exactly what those kids did.)

P.S.(All the insiders [trolls, traitors, and thieves] are making it really hard to find good new tribe-mates.)

Could you guys add in a tab to our tamed dinos inventory or somewhere that shows how many breedable level up points the dino has in each stat? That way we could check and see even after we've leveled up the dino and it'd also be helpful in finding out how many points the dino has in it's speed stat since that's also breedable but hard to find out unless we use the wiki's calculator.

Would it be possible for you guys to implement a server option to make wyverns breedable?

Could we get something that let's us re-customize our character? Like change our appearance and name? Something like the mindwipe tonic except for appearances.

I have a suggestion for air-conditioners: can we have air-duct engrams that spread the affect of one air conditioner throughout a whole base? In real life my house has one Air conditioner that cools 3 stories. But in game we need a dozen just to hatch eggs.

It would work just like the water pipes and electric cables, it would even have an engram for "vents" that disperse the conditioned air into the room just like the faucets and outlets do for plumbing and electricity in the game already.

- Are automatic defenses going to be updated in order to have more types included with distinct functionality (ie, anti-air, anti-ground, mortar...) more examples in this post:

- Is there any plan to make some kind of very low rate of fire, very high Damage TEK sniper rifle, regarding this some kind of "Teak Weapons lineup" would make more appealing to jump from metal to TEK.

- Could you give us any examples of distinct functions of TEK saddles apart of saddles shooting beams?

Thanks in advance.

1) Would you guys mind reworking the mindwipe tonic patch? As of now you can only wipe once per level and when you get to max level you are stuck with the engrams you have learned unable to unlock the new dlc engrams without creating a new character first. How about adding a system where you can only mindwipe once per real life month or after a amount of time, that way you cannot wipe constantly giving the older players access to new engrams with newer ways to play and balancing out gameplay?

2) In the past crunches you mentioned adding a line of code that will allow achievement unlock-able skins/hairstyles to remain with your steam account even through re-installs of the game so we do not have to re-obtain them after a re-install of the game on a different hard-drive or PC. Any clue when it might be implemented?  

3) Ever thought of implementing a canary like creatures into Aberration since its mainly an underground map with gas leaks and low oxygen environments? The reason I say this is that miners used to take canaries into the caves with them to tell if they would have enough oxygen to survive and to give them a warning to natural gas leaks; If the canary died it meant they needed to get out of the area of the mine as soon as possible. Canaries are very sensitive to these changes in the environment and if this type of creature is added it would be a shoulder mount with low health and either a warning call, like the jerboa, or it could die all together. Saying this it should be a easy tame with low breed timers. Let me know what you guys think. =)

First time ever posting in these since I have only had the game a little over a month now (& I didn't read through every page, so if I bring something up someone else did... oops?) but I have a few...

1) Can Single Player (offline) get a bit higher of a dino (tamed) cap? (being SP and having to farm eggs + resource dinos takes up a lot of tameables space)

2) Any plans to fix the issues with Split Screen Multiplayer (offline)? (won't save characters or progress)

3) Can we please have flyers (Wyvern, Griffin, ect) fixed to where they fly closer (when following at "lowest" follow setting) so they are mountable and a whistle for them to land as well too?

4) Can you please switch up (flip) the tribe log so that the newest events start at the top instead of having to scroll all the way to the bottom? (PS4)

5) On Single Player can you please get rid of the flyer nerf?

Now on to the wall issues:

- Is there ever going to be a fix for things being able to reach (clipping) through walls?

-  Can we get taller walls? Possibly Behemoth Walls?

- Can we get nicer looking walls and actual fences? (using all metal/rock/wood walls looks awful and using stacked railings isn't much better)

- Also a better system to lay out fences/walls. Anything in the works for that?

I have seen where S+ was going to be implemented sometime, not sure if any of it will resolve any of these issues since I haven't used it (console)... but I am  hoping it will & then some.

Other things that could use some attention:

Higher difficulty would be nice (1.0 + Max Difficulty on, but not into Hardmode) ;)

Troodons stun lock= death (this happened before I raised difficulty, so 0.2) 

Wild Yuty's fear roar is constantly spammed (again before raising difficulty)

Also, can we buff dimetrodons? Ssince they are already incubating eggs I have always been partial to using them as guard dogs.

Can we also be able to breed bats and arthropods? I know you said it would be hard to make arthropod breeding happen but just make them have a single fertilized egg like the vertebrates. Please?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived