Day One! Launch & More!

Jatheish

2 minutes ago, thecanadianjen said:

That's not likely their setup. If they're leasing the servers, they should have full admin control of the servers. If not, they will have had pre-release queues set up and they push the button to allow the updates to go live. Either way, it's like 95% chance that WC are the ones delaying.

And having worked with servers of all types, setting them up fing sucks. It can be broken so easily and it can often be easier to do a reset than try to figure out your problem. So likely there's some issue which is preventing them deploying them all. 

The problem with this is the fact that they are a business. They should have had the new servers up and stable 2-3 days ago and simply not visible to the server lists. To ensure they are ok, can handle load, there's no unforeseen memory leaks, etc. Then they should have had a feature flag that turned them on at release time or a minor, minor patch to activate them on people's guis. This not being live, constant push back is really not the way to approach it.

Former IT services firm owner here, I can confirm these statements and assessments. I always told my clients to go "semi-live" with their new systems before full blown deployment, even if that meant a small delay in overall implementation. It's better to crash a test system while your primary remains unaffected than to have your whole network down for extended periods when unforeseen issues arise (and they always do, makes me wonder why they are still "unforeseen")

still, can't wait to meet my tribe mates in Ragnarok

Just now, CigarDan said:

Former IT services firm owner here, I can confirm these statements and assessments. I always told my clients to go "semi-live" with their new systems before full blown deployment, even if that meant a small delay in overall implementation. It's better to crash a test system while your primary remains unaffected than to have your whole network down for extended periods when unforeseen issues arise (and they always do, makes me wonder why they are still "unforeseen")

Yep exactly! And it's lost revenue too. Because people who may have been willing to buy the 'season pass' may not trust reliability now. People who were already frustrated at having their EA stuff basically ruined but willing to restart today and get a head start by taking the day off, this may be their final straw. And word of mouth means SO much in games. But oh well! I'll cross my fingers this is a turning point for them. 

Enjoy Ragnarok when it's up! Looks amazing :D

• Thanks 1

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!  Well deserved!!  If you're on the fence about this game, don't be.  I run small 15-20 lan parties and everyone that has tried it loved it. 

"Stay tuned for updates on the relaunch of our Official Server Network on our social media channels (@survivetheark), and watch this space over the course of this week for lots more exciting ARK news, hint hint!"

I see what you did there!!!  Niiiicccccceeeee

Edited by USMCGrunt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CigarDan said:

Example = Halo master chief collection on release day. Bought and after a few days I put the disc on the shelf. Never even played it. 

1 minute ago, MasterMonkey said:

when is the game going to hit the Microsoft store like announced for cross play? Not speaking of play anywhere but cross play for hosting xbox servers. It was stated that it would come out before the ability to use nitrado

I think I heard October for the play anywhere stuff ... do quote me though thats just from a vague memory.

Seriously!  Ragnarok locked for single player.  You guys really blow.  You guys don't know how to run crap.  Other than Skyrim you guys made the best game.  But you don't know how to run crap.  Lot's of dedicated people are going to be PO'd.  I have said no bad words, if you block this from everyone seeing you show your true colors.