MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

im not affected by the kill i run my own dedi. my problem is wc's communication.  it bothers me so i speak up. i certainly don't demand everyone else should feel the same way i do but it seems many do.

Good man. Even though some of my servers are affected i do not care i was going to the new servers anyways. So i am in the same boat as you.

And for as far as these new servers i hope the smaller tribes in PvP are ready for KoS and not being able to build for a few months because that is indeed the plan of not only my tribe but many of the other alpha/mega tribes i have talked too. 

39 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

There's a difference between it being productive and counterproductive. 

These forums are way beyond counterproductive, so adding to the bitching just feuls the fire.

Say what you will but they are not counter productive, at the very least it is showing WC that they are a sub par development team and if they don't change good luck trying to make game number 2

2 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

Good man. Even though some of my servers are affected i do not care i was going to the new servers anyways. So i am in the same boat as you.

And for as far as these new servers i hope the smaller tribes in PvP are ready for KoS and not being able to build for a few months because that is indeed the plan of not only my tribe but many of the other alpha/mega tribes i have talked too. 

And i can't wait to see how that attitude works out for them in a fair environment.

Like i am genuinely excited to see what happens with the new servers. 

1 hour ago, Trikky said:

I simply don't understand WC,
so perhaps someone can explain to me what the hell they were thinking ????

For me the logical thing to do would have been:
Announce a wipe of all existing servers ( months ago), citing the numerous duping exploits, and changing them all to cluster servers.
Sure some, a lot, of players would have been pissed, and cried that WC promised no wipe,  but they would have 3 to 6 months to come to grips with it and would have understood the need for such.

Instead:
WC is deleting servers, with a couple of days notice, where players have been putting many hours in thinking their servers might be safe with 10 to 15 player pop, and offer no support to all others.

I just dont get it.
Does WC want to commit suicide and piss off a good chunk of their player base ? 
Do they have anyone working for them with any sort of business experience / education ?
As far as I understand, the driving force for any company is profit.
How is alienating and pissing off a good chunk of their customers, potential future DLC buyers, and getting hundreds of negative reviews, going to increase their profits ?
Am I missing  or not seeing something ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1owcncKCHg

That is all the explanation you need. WC in a nutshell

15 minutes ago, 002 said:

There was a topic from the official saying they r deleting 10% legacy servers every three month, is it true? By the end most legacy server will be replaced with new servers? Can we not stand out to say something about it?

Continue to say things about, down vote the game on steam. If they don't want to listen then they can kill off their own game. This community has tried to be helpful to the dev's and they have done nothing to show that they are listening.

9 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

Say what you will but they are not counter productive, at the very least it is showing WC that they are a sub par development team and if they don't change good luck trying to make game number 2

I understand your point of view. However, I'm pretty sure the way the majority of complaints are made, they write you all off as angry & self entitled. Therefore, no one's listening, even to the complaints that are actually valid.

1 minute ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I understand your point of view. However, I'm pretty sure the way the majority of complaints are made, they write you all off as angry & self entitled. Therefore, no one's listening, even to the complaints that are actually valid.

WC doesn't have to listen that is their choice, but i guarantee you tomorrow morning reddit/steam/blogs/vlogs/youtube  and all other forms of media will do the talking for us where it really hurts. If they wanted to destroy their reputation they just did it. 

11 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

WC doesn't have to listen that is their choice, but i guarantee you tomorrow morning reddit/steam/blogs/vlogs/youtube  and all other forms of media will do the talking for us where it really hurts. If they wanted to destroy their reputation they just did it. 

That I'll agree with for sure. However, those purchasing on release day don't see any of that, only us that bought the game already do.

You would think it would hurt them, but people don't research a game that much before purchase.

Most just read the description or see a commercial and decide.

Just now, HalfSlabBacon said:

That I'll agree with for sure. However, those purchasing on release day don't see any of that, only us that bought the game already do.

You would think it would hurt them, but people don't research a game that much before purchase.

Most just read the description or see a commercial and decide.

It will be hard to miss all the youtube videos and press that this game is about to get.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

Continue to say things about, down vote the game on steam. If they don't want to listen then they can kill off their own game. This community has tried to be helpful to the dev's and they have done nothing to show that they are listening.

Gotta love hyperboles and exaggerations here.

If the developers have never listened once to feedback from players you would not have :

- the reduced damage that explosives do on structures now

- a tier between metal and wood

- anything better than a campfire or cooking pot to cook things in

- terror birds, kapros, basilosaurs, and a few other creatures that elude me at the moment.

- kibble

- crossbows to tame things underwater

- tranquilizer darts

- the ability to grab and carry small dinos like kairuku, dodos, and dung beetles

- sickles

There's plenty more but those ring off the top of my head. I get that you're frustrated and angry and that you feel misaligned, but to say that they never listen to the community (be they beneficial or misguided) is a ridiculously absurd falsehood.

5 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Gotta love hyperboles and exaggerations here.

If the developers have never listened once to feedback from players you would not have :

- the reduced damage that explosives do on structures now

- a tier between metal and wood

- anything better than a campfire or cooking pot to cook things in

- terror birds, kapros, basilosaurs, and a few other creatures that elude me at the moment.

- kibble

- crossbows to tame things underwater

- tranquilizer darts

- the ability to grab and carry small dinos like kairuku, dodos, and dung beetles

- sickles

There's plenty more but those ring off the top of my head. I get that you're frustrated and angry and that you feel misaligned, but to say that they never listen to the community (be they beneficial or misguided) is a ridiculously absurd falsehood.

Everything you have just listed is all from a time long ago when the community was small. They stopped listening a long time ago. What is something that has come from a community suggestion or even a major bug fix in recent history. You will find your list is far smaller.

I feel bad for you guys as mods because now you're working overtime to control the forums because of WC's mistake.

1 minute ago, lvirusl said:

It will be hard to miss all the youtube videos and press that this game is about to get.

Dude trust me, you're way overestimating the average gamer. 

The fact that you bought this game in early access is proof that you're way more involved then the majority.

Ask your average gamer if they've heard of Ark or Early Access and you'll usually get a "What's that, never heard of it"

These are the same people that make comments like "The New Xbox is gonna be more powerful than any computer ever made!"

?

Just now, HalfSlabBacon said:

Dude trust me, you're way overestimating the average gamer. 

The fact that you bought this game in early access is proof that you're way more involved then the majority.

Ask your average gamer if they've heard of Ark or Early Access and you'll usually get a "What's that, never heard of it"

These are the same people that make comments like "The New Xbox is gonna be more powerful than any computer ever made!"

?

time will tell. I just hope the game can survive and make a turn around.

I'm done. I worked too hard building my base for the first troll that comes along to just be able to water pipe the heck out of it or drop 300 dodos in it. You are gonna see legacy servers devolve into chaos in less than a week. Trolls Paradise. I'm gonna chill with Conan Exiles and hope that funcom can deliver. GG wildcard.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, lvirusl said:

Everything you have just listed is all from a time long ago when the community was small. They stopped listening a long time ago. What is something that has come from a community suggestion or even a major bug fix in recent history. You will find your list is far smaller.

In recent history? How about the nerfs to the club (slow as they were in implementing it), or paintable vaults? Or anything they did regarding turrets v flyers? Or completely changing the eel's debuff from a stun to slow? How about the nerfs to the bosses? Those recent enough for you or are they "all from a long time ago when the community was small"?

3 minutes ago, Thugalicious said:

I'm done. I worked too hard building my base for the first troll that comes along to just be able to water pipe the heck out of it or drop 300 dodos in it. You are gonna see legacy servers devolve into chaos in less than a week. Trolls Paradise. I'm gonna chill with Conan Exiles and hope that funcom can deliver. GG wildcard.

They already are a trolls/griefers Paradise. You just described every public server for any game ever... Where else you think trolls & griefers go?

I'll give you club, bosses are no different and still boring grind fests that are barely beatable with out the use of glitches and exploits, eels still screw you but i'll give you that one, and while i like the flyer nerf myself i think you'll find the PvE community hated it. How about large outstanding issues like rendering priorities, under map glitching, consistent game crashes when destructing buildings, dinos disappearing under the mesh, iteams and characters lost on transfer, getting perma stuck in bosses arenas and the glitches where you can't transfer items after that same glitch, randomly getting dismounted off your flying mount, many game breaking bugs exist and they give us paintable vault hallelujah 

Archived