MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

1 minute ago, Titan696 said:

yeah but I have the DLC on the pc and just the standard copy on the xbox so it is going to mean I can't host or play scorched earth even tho i already own it. So they make us pay for even more stuff so we can play the game that we have been promised for over a year. And I am expecting it to be the other way round, if you get the windows 10 version you will get the xbox version, that way they get to shaft everyone who owns ark, im even wondering if windows 10 and steam users will be cross compatible, by the sounds of things they are totally separate and I am not expecting them to care either way.

Read my post, it's not an opinion. These are the the facts and I'm not gonna repeat them.

You are correct about Scorched, you'll have to buy that for Xbone.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya I get that and I get that they are trying to save money. I'm willing to bet that not all of those servers will be repurposed, they will just be deleted.

If this is what they intended to do all along they should have been honest months ago. A message like this would have been nice, "These servers were for testing purposes only. All servers will be wiped for official release this August with fresh servers, better performance, and a fresh start for everyone!". Not let us feel like this shouldn't have happened or is unfair because they said this and that. They handled this wrong.

27 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Guys, I totally agree WC is going about this all wrong, and you all have every right to be pissed. However, you need to keep in mind you didn't pay for any servers, they did.

What you were actually paying for was the base game & dlc, which you both still have. You can always play them in SP or unofficial because you still have what you payed for.

Yes they lied to you, but they didn't steal from you.

Which i would agree with only if they come up with a way that countless hours of work wasnt being lost  which it is for hundreds of people an then some 

Just now, The1trueGodMe said:

Which i would agree with only if they come up with a way that countless hours of work wasnt being lost  which it is for hundreds of people an then some 

Take the server files and set up your own server, problem solved. They'll be wiping all the legacy's eventually anyways.

you can tell how well the console version has gone down by looking at the achievements, 0.0% of people have defeated the bosses on the centre map, most of the boss achievements sit at 0.2-0.3% completion. Goes to show that they have no interest in what we want, or what we do. Tek gear looks cool tho so "ascension" become a thing

3 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

Ya I get that and I get that they are trying to save money. I'm willing to bet that not all of those servers will be repurposed, they will just be deleted.

If this is what they intended to do all along they should have been honest months ago. A message like this would have been nice, "These servers were for testing purposes only. All servers will be wiped for official release this August with fresh servers, better performance, and a fresh start for everyone!". Not let us feel like this shouldn't have happened or is unfair because they said this and that. They handled this wrong.

They were afraid of the conflict and thought they could sneak it past everyone.

That's what happens when you're young and cocky enough to always think you're the smartest one in the room.

Just now, BlueFox91 said:

A huge x3 or x4 event would be nice to celebrate their official release and give everyone a head start.

They hide alot behind rag being for free but i paid for because its actually a cool map after not dieing every 10 seconds.

I've watched many streams on rag an even with these multipliers unless your the first on the map there's very few metal resources areas and you know that all areas will be pillard an trashed pretty quickly i can understand the fresh start an equality but frankly its the pure lack of thought to what everyone has already done.

Hell even being able to take my lvl 100 player across would be something to show for all my/our efforts 

1 minute ago, Titan696 said:

you can tell how well the console version has gone down by looking at the achievements, 0.0% of people have defeated the bosses on the centre map, most of the boss achievements sit at 0.2-0.3% completion. Goes to show that they have no interest in what we want, or what we do. Tek gear looks cool tho so "ascension" become a thing

The achievements system doesn't work, I've done many more times then I can count and they don't show up.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, The1trueGodMe said:

They hide alot behind rag being for free but i paid for because its actually a cool map after not dieing every 10 seconds.

I've watched many streams on rag an even with these multipliers unless your the first on the map there's very few metal resources areas and you know that all areas will be pillard an trashed pretty quickly i can understand the fresh start an equality but frankly its the pure lack of thought to what everyone has already done.

Hell even being able to take my lvl 100 player across would be something to show for all my/our efforts 

Having played that map, there is metal all over it, even in the beginner areas.  Anyone that cannot find metal is basically someone that has left there character standing and the spawn point.

If anything, the one item that is a little harder to find in quantity is crystal, but even then, when you know where to look, it is there.

1 minute ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

They were afraid of the conflict and thought they could sneak it past everyone.

That's what happens when you're young and cocky enough to always think you're the smartest one in the room.

Well, conflict is happening now and it's worse than what it could have been if they were honest sooner. 

have you been under a rock the past 3 months? The whole legacy server thing has been discussed in Q&As, on Reddit, by YouTube streamers and on every forum that follows this game. I play dedicated in Xbox, so official servers have never been a big deal to me, but even I knew this was going to happen a while ago.

As for your griping about having to restart on a new server and grind your way back up, welcome to survival games. You sound like you want care packages handed to you so that you don't need to do the work. Well hate to break it to you but the grindis half the game. Restarts and being wiped are all part of the system. Embrace it and quit acting like an 8 year old entitled child whose parents bought everything for you

1 hour ago, CCronMedic said:

have you been under a rock the past 3 months? The whole legacy server thing has been discussed in Q&As, on Reddit, by YouTube streamers and on every forum that follows this game. I play dedicated in Xbox, so official servers have never been a big deal to me, but even I knew this was going to happen a while ago.

As for your griping about having to restart on a new server and grind your way back up, welcome to survival games. You sound like you want care packages handed to you so that you don't need to do the work. Well hate to break it to you but the grindis half the game. Restarts and being wiped are all part of the system. Embrace it and quit acting like an 8 year old entitled child whose parents bought everything for you

Ark isn't a survival game, it was in its concept and it holds true for earlier levels and new players, as well as new environments. After a point, it becomes a mmo, which is the base core part of the game people stay for, and also what keeps the paid dlc rolling. If you don't understand this just look at the player count on official extinction servers and the amount of posts requesting an annual culling of some sort... not many out there.

Sure many PvP players wanted officials wiped and still do even after deciding to go to the new officials, but when you mention their new setup getting axed by wildcard one day, you will get a very different response. Most still want legacy wiped for the same reasons they wanted a new isolated server network- for revenge. That revenge won't be complete to them until their former oppressors are wiped from ark.

All early access players gave info on what's wrong for a better game. Was given info stating during realise of game nothing would happen to the servers that they wouldn't be wiped by WC but here we are servers being wiped by wild card can't get stuff from one server to the other because server full can't get on to save anything from either server.  Dedosing going on so bad that if you do get on you crash right back to the home screen .  WC what makes you think ppl won't sue over you stating one thing and doing another. Yes we where better testers for you that we paid for the game when most get paid for doing what we did but you should stand by your word!  All the time that was put into a non paying job as some would call it is making millions for WC and we are left to start over in all aspects of the game.  All I want is a straight up answer for all the times someone put in tickets, their time and patience for a game that's no even ready to come out how you plan to satisfy all your early access players without sending us away without anything? Hmmm?

Archived