ARK Digest Question Submissions!

Jatheish

Could the bat be useful?

I feel like it was made and abandoned, its a pain to taim amd just doesmr seem worth it.. so a few suggestions.

1.Give it the tapajara wall landing animation so it can be still for once.

2.Maybe it's the only animal who's poop is edible, people eat guano?

3.living alarm system. The non stop annoying screech should be good for somthing.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the bat be useful?

I feel like it was made and abandoned, its a pain to taim amd just doesmr seem worth it.. so a few suggestions.

3.living alarm system. The non stop annoying screech should be good for somthing.

15 minutes ago, Loganecho said:

Coming from a farm, could we please have an option to remove the wooden borders on crop plots when placed outside, I can understand the use while indoors, but outside is just silly and takes away some realism of it.

This would be cool and to go a bit further, why not get farms that can only be placed on the ground that are larger, and could hold more resources or somthing. That could be cool. Would this be possible?

Just curious to see if something like this below could happen

Background info

Like most of everyone here i fly around on my bird all day everyday looking,  usuall looking for beaver damns that havent been raided and wood left in them or chasing loot drops. pretty sure if your not grinding reasources this is all you do other than looking for tames

My idea comes in two parts

1, Imprint your fovourite dino

i think for your favourite dino or maybe even 1 from each speices you should be able to imprint at any stage not to gain levels by a means of showing affection and extra earing the loyalty of said creature. By petting it regularly, maybe hand feeding its favourite food on a regualrl basis etc. And thus doing so creating/ unlocking some better features of the dino which leads into my 2nd part

2 Whistle to be picked up

if say you have spent the time with your favourite dino for agers and say you decide to go beaver damn hunting or swiming for loot drops i think there would be super handy and awesome option to have a whitsle for flyers or even big carnos to whitsle PICK Up.  So say you dropped into the water to get a couple beaver damns , and bam two high level beaver materialize out of no where and hit  your for all youve got, you could simply whistle pick up/mount to your flyer or land dino and even sea mount and they would swim to you and you could like instant mount them.

no more pesky beavers or even worse pirana's suprise attacking you and the same for pretty much any event weather you jsut out walking about and get surprised by a troodon  you could whistle for a pick up and be in some what safer hands but only to a dino that you have spent the time imprints as your favourite dino

44 minutes ago, Bayne said:

This would be cool and to go a bit further, why not get farms that can only be placed on the ground that are larger, and could hold more resources or somthing. That could be cool. Would this be possible?

Like a super large crop plot, it would have like a farm tilled land texture but each square would either be a small,medium or large crop plot, so In theory it would be like making a large 3x4 area of crop plots but under a large texture to make it seem as one

Just now, Loganecho said:

Like a super large crop plot, it would have like a farm tilled land texture but each square would either be a small,medium or large crop plot, so In theory it would be like making a large 3x4 area of crop plots but under a large texture to make it seem as one

Maybe the only way to make it is to use the horse and a new item.. the chariot, to till the land.. the chariot could also be used with the lance and when the horse is equipped it loses speed but gains attack power, defense and able to hold more weight .

1 hour ago, Loganecho said:

Could the bat be useful?

For your second idea. I was thinking more of a toxic poo. Tame a whole bunch of bats and make them do a 'fly-by' over enemy basss and poo, poisoning people and blinding them. Can also be another disease

3 hours ago, Kaprodonychus said:

For your second idea. I was thinking more of a toxic poo. Tame a whole bunch of bats and make them do a 'fly-by' over enemy basss and poo, poisoning people and blinding them. Can also be another disease

Yeah. They could use the same animation and effect the dilo has when it spits, whistle to follow and set them to attack when you attack, doing so would activate the second attack option, same poop animation but then dilo poison, then after you just whistle unfollow and watch the bats fly to the enemy they hit.

Can we get an inventory mine that uses narcotics and knocks players out if the access an inventory that isnt there own or thier tribes? Have it work on pvp and pve. Would make destroying someones base a little more interesting. 

Also would like to see a doed and an anky get a damage boost to golems. Nothing really harms a golem except a high raised rex or a giga. Giving anky and doed a bonus to give new players a chance to fight back

My wife and I LOVE splitsceeen! Will there be a pass on splitsceeen mode? There are a number of challenges (bugs) at the moment that we would love to have fixed! 

-spyglass: when player 1 uses spyglass while player 2 is riding a mount, it forces a first person view. 

- hard to get egg info to fit in the screen (hatching) 

- when each person is accessing inventorys, it causes problems (can you both transfer stacks for instance; sometimes if player moves cursor over it moves the other person's cursor too) 

- going into caves is really tricky as player 2 teleports right on top/into player 1

- the scuba mask nose blocks most of player 2's screen

- UI optimization: not legible  (I know it's coming, but just listing so specific splitsceeen optimization isn't forgotten) 

Thanks! 

1. Will Primitive + ever work alongside Scorched Earth?
2. Speaking of, will Primitive + be getting more servers for PS4 soon? 
3. It's easy to see you guys have been improving in the model department; the Ovis and unreleased Thylacoleo are proof. Other models are still getting that touch up pass, right? I mean, Dire Wolves, Sabers, and etc look sorta like plastic when compared to the Thylacoleo. BTW, the Thylacoleo is probably the best model to date. Kudos to everyone that worked on it.
4. So there's an Official No Taming server-type now. Any chance we'll see Official No Flier servers? 
5. Hint on TLC abilities for the Saber? Perhaps it'll get a damage multiplier when attacking from behind? Maybe even a stealth mode to help?     

1. Is the tech armor complete or will you guy build on it? Like maybe we can customize it to our liking or play style preference for instance maybe we can get a tech upgrade station were we can edit some attributes and parts of tech items. 

2. Will we get more cosmetic items i would love to see a full wyvern armor skin? 

3. Is there any information you can tell us about the phoenix that was found in the dev kit a few months back? 

4. Any hints to what the fourth boss will be? 

5. I notice on some cases you guys tend respond with "it can be done with a mod" or "leave it to a mod" i was wonder have you guys been working on some way to bring mods to console? Its kind of saddening to see all these awesome mods on pc and knowing that you cant play with them because your stuck on console. :(

6. How will ascension work?  Will we lose all of your tames and structures?

7. Will the fourth boss be the last boss you guys will add to the game besides dlc? 

8. Despite all of my questions i still love the game keep up the great work guys. :D

Have you considered adding handheld gasoline-powered lanterns, as a mid-tier light source?

It could maybe be hung on walls or trees for when you need temporary light in an area.

I know you have planned a flashlight.

I am hinting for something in between torch and flashligt. Maybe like a level 30-45 item

Archived