The Great Migration

Moozoo

• Volunteer Moderator

I could be wrong but I don't recall in the initial announcement that they actually said the repurposing would be happening on 29th August. Lets not assume that is the plan until further details come. They may give a months notice from the point the list is revealed, no idea until it happens.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with them taking so long. Is a lot of people on the servers have put building on hold and other aspects of the gaming. Waiting to find out if they will then loose that stuff. We cant bread much at the moment to as we have no idea when they are taking these servers down.  Will the bread finish in time. 

27 minutes ago, GP said:

I could be wrong but I don't recall in the initial announcement that they actually said the repurposing would be happening on 29th August. Lets not assume that is the plan until further details come. They may give a months notice from the point the list is revealed, no idea until it happens.

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Tuesday (August 22nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers

Right below the picture . (I could be wrong also)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, scorva said:

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Tuesday (August 22nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers

Right below the picture . (I could be wrong also)

Ah, I was looking at the original announcement from a month ago. Interesting.

first "no servers will be wiped"

now "low pop servers will be re-purposed"

so ok, my server is low pop, i am allready preparing to move (destroyed my stuff for resources like my grinder etc)

say i move, to a now "populated" server

yet in 3 months people leave that populated server as not everyone likes scorched earth

then the next wave of "re-purposing" happen

howmany times in the future will i have to move?

might aswell do the short pain then and wipe every server complelty instead of forcing people to migrate time after time

many servers are allready tame capped, and enturely claimed by pillars

how to migrate to such?

how about pvp?

should i just let my dinos walk in the open because i can't build a base?

41 minutes ago, GP said:

Ah, I was looking at the original announcement from a month ago. Interesting.

Yeah looks like the whole reason they're wiping servers is to repurpose them for new players, so we're getting wiped Tuesday regardless, only question is how much warning are we gonna get in which to carry out the move, can't really start the move until I know which servers are getting wiped, I'd rather not just aim for the highest populated one I can find to be safe, get stuck on a crowded server and then find out mine wasn't even wiped after all.

Edit: infact as launch is Tuesday would have to assume we may get wiped a good while before then to make sure they have them reset ready for launch so who knows how much time we'll have.

4 minutes ago, BrownieShytles said:

wasn´t there something about a notification to the wiped server one month prior to actually repurposing? would be pretty annoying having to move stuff within not even a week. then again, people would only move essential stuff and not also their whole kibble farm ;D

Meh. I will go thro trouble moving all my 300 dino kibble farm, too much work was put in to it.

13 minutes ago, BrownieShytles said:

wasn´t there something about a notification to the wiped server one month prior to actually repurposing? would be pretty annoying having to move stuff within not even a week. then again, people would only move essential stuff and not also their whole kibble farm ;D

Yeah although I can't remember exactly where I'm fairly certain either Jat or Jeremy did say 1 month prior. 

Would've been an ideal time to have the kibble rework In place as people could leave behind their kibble farms but nope, guess they're coming too..

23 minutes ago, ShadowAngel said:

Not my problem. WC crated kibble system, WC started "Grate migration". You know who to blame.

true story

20 minutes ago, Hammond said:

Yeah although I can't remember exactly where I'm fairly certain either Jat or Jeremy did say 1 month prior. 

Would've been an ideal time to have the kibble rework In place as people could leave behind their kibble farms but nope, guess they're coming too..

hopefully it was not tweeted by jeremy :P we all know how that one went

People are starting to sound like a bunch of screeching gerbils that want to live in their own individual holes in the ground. 

Sounds like WC is more interested in re-purposing servers and freeing up revenues that could be spent elsewhere, rather than on servers populated by one hermit. If you want to be a hermit, and the only hermit, it's not going to happen. Best way to "fix" a hermit is to improve traffic around the hermit rather than targeting the hermit. 

Keeping your server "as is" means to simply invite people to YOUR server, and rule that server. 

15 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

People are starting to sound like a bunch of screeching gerbils that want to live in their own individual holes in the ground. 

Sounds like WC is more interested in re-purposing servers and freeing up revenues that could be spent elsewhere, rather than on servers populated by one hermit. If you want to be a hermit, and the only hermit, it's not going to happen. Best way to "fix" a hermit is to improve traffic around the hermit rather than targeting the hermit. 

Keeping your server "as is" means to simply invite people to YOUR server, and rule that server. 

what you don't understand is, no server is 0/70

my server atm is 3/70, sounds not active yet there are bases. people only come to scorched earth when they need oil/pearls/milk

i live in scorched earth

the activity part, how do they look at it. is it amount of log ins? is it the amount of people playing same time on average

who knows..

all i/we know is i'm not building anything expensive untill i know my future here is guaranteed or not

1 minute ago, raptorjesus666 said:

all i/we know is i'm not building anything expensive untill i know my future here is guaranteed or not

#1 - Arktracker..com

#2 - Sounds like you will have an easy transition to "what happens next". 

#3 - What server are you on? I am sort of looking for a new SE server - although I still have some "work" to do on my old one. 

Archived