ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

I was wondering if, after launch, you could make special story arks. These arks would hopefully have a unique story (for example an ark that was partially destroyed by a massive war between two alpha tribes). But most importantly, these story arks would be a way for you to experiment with gameplay. So, as long as it makes sense story wise, you could create an ark where only certain dinos are tameable or food and water are much more scarce or anything that would be an interesting twist to the gameplay. 

Note: these arks wouldn't be for regular, every day play. The idea is for each ark to be difficult to survive in, therefore it would make long time play difficult.

Someone had a great idea for an ark like this so here's the link.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Is the game going to feature Bison latifrons or another cow-like extinct species? Since we now have sheep and horses.

2) Will we get the ability to tame Titanoboa? Is that still in the works?

3) Can you make it so that manta's aren't constantly attacking the Basilosaurus? Every Basilosaurus I find has a lot of manta's rubbing against its body like they want to hug.

4) Are dynamic length bridges still coming?

5) Could you please make it an server option (for non-dedicated) that we see the names of every player in the server with distance, instead of just the host? It's really annoying trying to find each other when you're both not close to the host.

6) Can we have Bluebucks as the antilope/deer type of species?

7) It would be really fun to have the  Pygmy elephant (Palaeoloxodon falconeri or Elephas falconeri) as a species. Will you add those?

8) Will we see new harvestable underwater plant life? We got all kinds of berry plants on the surface, but nothing in the sea. Doesn't have to be deep sea, but being able to harvest seaweeds or other aquatic plants would be awesome.

Will there still be playstation VR support for the playstation full launch on the 29th of August. To be honest I have been super stoked for that since the said it would be way back when!

i want the tek helmet to have a mode to show all the damaged structures at one time so you don't have to check EVERY SINGLE piece to see if it is damaged, just have all the damaged structures light up like the dinos do in tracking mode. that would be sweet!

Rideable Purlovia

Hey! Will you guys still be doing the following?

1. Putting old sinks through the TLC pass?

2. Will dino migrations and advanced dink behaviour still be coming?

3. Are thunderstorms and rough seas still being thought upon?

4. Will we ever see more dynamic and better animations for player and Dinos?

5. Will we ever see the introduction of moving clothing items? Like maybe cloths waving in the wind aswell as flags and getting wet and droopy in the rain?

Good work with latest updates.  a bit sad for the delay but glad that finally will be official .  just one petition... can be made a kind of schedule for weekend events? sometimes 2x just hit our face just when we cant play that weekend for our own personal business. 

nothing fancy just a calendar so we be able to know before hand when we can expect 2x of something  that interest us.  or special event so we can make adjustment to enjoy that weekend. 

attach an example can be plain text what we just need is the info of special weekends.

caug-gallert.jpg

Jat love your work with the community and the work you guys put into the game. My big question is, surprise surprise, do you guys have any plans on giving the Titanosaur any changes in the PVE environment or single player. I get it that it is a huge dino that can be used only for 24 hours but beyond that not much. I made a whole list of suggestions about it and in the hopes that something would occur or change it so that it was more like a Giga where it was breed-able and such. I was wondering would you guys ever have plans to change up the Titan to make it more immersive in the game? Like giving it that sweet tail attack or some kind of buff that uses it's large size for the players advantage?

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, thanatosixu said:

A couple updates ago, the achatinas food rate was changed. I don't know if it was on purpose or on accident, but they lose food very quickly now. any plans on retooling the food situation on achatinas?

This affected all creatures. They fixed stasis, so even when you are not around they consume food normally.

Is there any news on a release date for the Mac and Linux versions of the game?

I've been playing (or at least trying) on my Mac since December 2016, but the game has gone from mostly functional to a buggy broken mess over the last eight months.I don't think it's possible to fix even the most game breaking problems before the end of August, so I'm not expecting a release at the same time as the Windows version.

I don't think my Mac is the problem. I could run the game on Epic @1080~25fps when I started playing last year. (4-core Xeon, 32 GB RAM, Macvidcards GTX 980/4GB, macOS 10.12.6, nvidia 378.05.05 drivers). Especially patch 255.3 and 261 seem to have broken a lot of stuff.

Any clarity or thoughts on the future of the Mac an Linux versions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived