Please keep us informed better

Shalp

It is very difficult for me to have any idea what is going on in this game in a timely manner.  I often receive the information from other players first and then have to search for the source.  Far too often the source is not this website, the official place I should be looking for game information.  Instead some form of social media, message board, etc. was used.

Twitter for example...  I play many games actively, a few games sporadically, and some games rarely.  I should not have to figure out a hundred different game twitter accounts and thousands of developer/community manager accounts and follow all of them to stay up to date on the games.  Hypothetically if I did, and followed every other little thing out there I might be interested in, I'd then have potentially millions of messages of crap to sort through just to get to the posts that contain information that is actually important.

Reddit for example.  Great, now I have to make yet another account on another website and find all the pages for those same games, and then follow hundreds of fan-made pages as well...

I don't care that information is spread to various places to get it out to as many people as possible.  Just please stop forgetting that this website is the best place for everyone to know one location as the ultimate source for game information.  If you use an alternative location as the one primary source outlet, that should be blatantly made obvious here!  I shouldn't have to go to one website for patch notes, another to find out when patches are coming out, and yet another to figure out if disciplinary actions are being taken against dupers.  How many other places am I going to have to discover for other aspects of the game I have interest in?

In addition, please spend 10 minutes to upgrade your in-game server message.  You know how you can toggle hide chat?  Would not be difficult to make that a toggle MotD (Message of the Day).  At least that would solve the issue where I could log in 1 minute after the "update with 4 hour eta" and have no clue until you put up another message 8 hours later claiming "update with 2 hour eta."

18 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

WC released a big thread about the near future of ARK and its release literally yesterday informing us about the state of the game. Spending a bit of time reading through announcements would help.

They did and that's good, but in OPs defense, typically you have to follow them on Twitter to see what's going on even though they created this site for that purpose.

6 minutes ago, BeardO said:

They did and that's good, but in OPs defense, typically you have to follow them on Twitter to see what's going on even though they created this site for that purpose.

Couldn't agree with you more. I had to create accounts on different social media outlets just to stay informed. I absolutely despise social media and try to avoid it like the plague lol. I hope in future they will inform this forum as often as twitter. Tired of having to scroll through Kartrashian ads to find game related posts.

1 minute ago, Nickoli1900 said:

Couldn't agree with you more. I had to create accounts on different social media outlets just to stay informed. I absolutely despise social media and try to avoid it like the plague lol. I hope in future they will inform this forum as often as twitter. Tired of having to scroll through Kartrashian ads to find game related posts.

I don't have a Twitter but I have two extra tabs up on my phone to easily see what they are posting, it really isn't hard to find out what's going on, maybe you are just impatient and have "needy" expectations.. plus I've bought into the tribe/ alliance system and have networked across ark (pvp), this gives me access to many people's findings.. it's 2017, network ftw..

1 hour ago, Shalp said:

It is very difficult for me to have any idea what is going on in this game in a timely manner.  I often receive the information from other players first and then have to search for the source.  Far too often the source is not this website, the official place I should be looking for game information.  Instead some form of social media, message board, etc. was used.

Twitter for example...  I play many games actively, a few games sporadically, and some games rarely.  I should not have to figure out a hundred different game twitter accounts and thousands of developer/community manager accounts and follow all of them to stay up to date on the games.  Hypothetically if I did, and followed every other little thing out there I might be interested in, I'd then have potentially millions of messages of crap to sort through just to get to the posts that contain information that is actually important.

Reddit for example.  Great, now I have to make yet another account on another website and find all the pages for those same games, and then follow hundreds of fan-made pages as well...

I don't care that information is spread to various places to get it out to as many people as possible.  Just please stop forgetting that this website is the best place for everyone to know one location as the ultimate source for game information.  If you use an alternative location as the one primary source outlet, that should be blatantly made obvious here!  I shouldn't have to go to one website for patch notes, another to find out when patches are coming out, and yet another to figure out if disciplinary actions are being taken against dupers.  How many other places am I going to have to discover for other aspects of the game I have interest in?

In addition, please spend 10 minutes to upgrade your in-game server message.  You know how you can toggle hide chat?  Would not be difficult to make that a toggle MotD (Message of the Day).  At least that would solve the issue where I could log in 1 minute after the "update with 4 hour eta" and have no clue until you put up another message 8 hours later claiming "update with 2 hour eta."

just trying to help out

https://arkdevtracker.com/

does a decent job of combining the sources

1 minute ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I don't have a Twitter but I have two extra tabs up on my phone to easily see what they are posting, it really isn't hard to find out what's going on, maybe you are just impatient and have "needy" expectations.. plus I've bought into the tribe/ alliance system and have networked across ark (pvp), this gives me access to many people's findings.. it's 2017, network ftw..

Glad that suits your play style. Personally, I couldn't give a rats behind to feel I have to scrounge different sources to find info. I prefer a one-stop area, like this "official forum".

Archived