WildCard.... PLEASE have a adequate # of new servers ready

PoliScikosis

I don't think you realize how many larger tribes (currently on legacy servers) are already confirming their desire to switch to the new servers.... I am hoping this is not done like Ragnarok was.... please have an adequate # of servers ready for when the game "releases"......

I know you stated you would look at the numbers every three months.... but you will need to monitor this each day for the first 2-3 weeks,,,,

14 minutes ago, TheGrumpyDwarf said:

I think it is totally rediculous that large tribes want to transfer to new servers that are been put up for new players.

In literal terms of transferring (with their stuff) then yes, I agree. However if they want to start over from scratch on a new server there's nothing wrong with that.

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, TheGrumpyDwarf said:

I think it is totally rediculous that large tribes want to transfer to new servers that are been put up for new players.

The new servers aren't being put up for new players, they are being put up for a fresh start at official launch, and therefore a fresh start for old and new players.

1 minute ago, GP said:

The new servers aren't being put up for new players, they are being put up for a fresh start at official launch, and therefore a fresh start for old and new players.

Then that is cool, although large established tribes are going to overrun servers in the space of a week making life bad for new players.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, TheGrumpyDwarf said:

Then that is cool, although large established tribes are going to overrun servers in the space of a week making life bad for new players.

Yes the old players that move to the new servers will have certain advantages such as experience and knowledge and established members in a tribe, unfortunately there's not much that can be done about that. But even after official launch there will always be new players at some point, so this is the best opportunity for new players to get as fresh a start as possible.

Here's a quote from Jeremy himself in an interview recently.

" We have around 400 PvP legacy server sessions and we're probably going to have around 200 new servers for this for the foreseeable future. "

So 200 more PVP servers. But since they backed up a bit and suddenly included PVE ones, then most likely you gotta share that number. I dunno how they'll split it up, but 200 more servers seems to be the figure, just dunno how it'll split for the two game types.

Course this can all change beforehand. who knows. But there's your answer. 200 more servers (possibly a bit more if they intend to not share any of those for PVE), which is half of the amount of the current PVP official count, according to Jeremy anyway.

Source is here: http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-evolveds-design-lead-on-huge-server-wipe-reversal-and-new-structure-post-pc-launch/

just remove 10 of lowest populated server every month,.. so 120 (combined pvp n pve) server get re-purpose a year.. any player that wish to play on the new cluster need to pay a fee of 10USD for each account. and repeat that on 2018 for the new cluster. this way.. every year, wildcard get extra cash to pay for better server and the politic get reshuffled. noobies get chance to enter good tribe n so on..

Archived