Buying ark on PC, yay or nay?

Maxine

Morning guys, I love ark been playing it since launch on console but it's become a little stale with the guys I play with and the servers we play on. 

Is there any hope of me finding a pc tribe to join if I purchase the game on pc? I don't wish to spend months server hoping to find a place to build. Any people welcoming to new guys?

PC is great! But I've only played on the PC so that's not very objective. Personally, I couldn't stand trying to control this game on a console - I'm old, I can barely swing it with a keyboard and mouse :) but I don't think that's actually what you're asking.

My best advice is compare the number of servers, server pop, and even forum posts here for your game type (pve, pvp, prim, etc.). If PC has higher on those things, the community is probably bigger and more active. Probably also older on average, if that matters to you. Just a guess based on relative cost/market of a gaming PC vs. a console.

Also, if you want an avalanche of mods and unofficials servers, PC is where it's at.

Thanks guys, I didn't know about the tribes section on the forum. I'll check that out see what's about and if anyone is open to taking on a console peasant to pc haha. The blue screens I noticed in ps4 tend to happen more on the older consoles I have the new slim line and it rarely happens compared to when I had the older bigger version. 

If the console servers are gonna be wiped on disc release that would be best but I feel the pc version would be easier to use the UI than console. 

• Administrator

If you find yourself enjoying the console experience, I have no doubt you'd enjoy the PC one too. The official server community isn't as large on PC, but Unofficials are much larger and there are a lot of mods that change the way the game is played, you might find yourself not wanting to play the vanilla version, but something that adds to a new kind of structure, or perhaps a whole new experience all together with a different map.

2 minutes ago, Jat said:

If you find yourself enjoying the console experience, I have no doubt you'd enjoy the PC one too. The official server community isn't as large on PC, but Unofficials are much larger and there are a lot of mods that change the way the game is played, you might find yourself not wanting to play the vanilla version, but something that adds to a new kind of structure, or perhaps a whole new experience all together with a different map.

Sounds interesting, I however have never been into modding games I always really enjoy the vanilla experience of games and play they how the devs intended the games to be play. 

Mod devs are awesome and they work hard, but if I am able to rent my own servers that would be great is that an option? Or do they have to be hosted on my internet etc?

if u go for the pc version tho i so wouldn't recommend playing on rag map the servers spend more time down then they do up which is frustrating a lot of players and tempers are running high. however i av played on the island the centre and scorched all these maps are a lot more reliable and fun to play. there are always people willing to recruit new players and are always willing to help new player when needed. Hope this helps have fun if u do go for pc.

Archived