Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2017 at 9:54 AM, Twin said:

Will a dev kit be released any time soon?  There are quite a few mods that are broken and can't be updated until this happens.  Jeremy said the 12th - that didn't happen.  I heard the 19th - I doubt that will happen.  Most of the time questions about the dev kit are just ignored.  So I really won't be surprised if this one is.

Don't feel bad. Questions about why Ragnarok servers have been down for 3+ days are ignored as well.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, jeremyvanmarle said:

I am not talking about the thread I am talking about the updates.

I guess the same applies. The team need to be around to deploy game updates, so they need to do it during as reasonably suitable time to them, as otherwise you'd still be expecting them to be up and working at midnight to deploy updates. It's easier for them to deploy updates at times suitable to them than deploy updates at times suitable to millions across the globe.

I want to ask about server wipe I personally think your doing the game a disservice by not keeping players informed even if you have nothing to confirm, speculation is a killer, 

"we are still trying to format the game in such a way that a wipe will not be necessery"

" srry there is no chances that we will be able to avoid server wipe" 

"we told you back in July of last year No server wipe" 

the longer you delay the more anomosity you will build, no choice will please everyone but simply ignoring the problem is properly the worst choice...? Look at server wipe threads...

anyway I'm happy to wait on ragnarok if it helps prevent the issues that have been plaguing the game in the last few weeks..

Your doing a good job on the game and we do appreciate it even if it does not sound like it! 

22 minutes ago, Tyx2 said:

I want to ask about server wipe I personally think your doing the game a disservice by not keeping players informed even if you have nothing to confirm, speculation is a killer, 

"we are still trying to format the game in such a way that a wipe will not be necessery"

" srry there is no chances that we will be able to avoid server wipe" 

"we told you back in July of last year No server wipe" 

the longer you delay the more anomosity you will build, no choice will please everyone but simply ignoring the problem is properly the worst choice...? Look at server wipe threads...

anyway I'm happy to wait on ragnarok if it helps prevent the issues that have been plaguing the game in the last few weeks..

Your doing a good job on the game and we do appreciate it even if it does not sound like it! 

^^

Although the pressures of updating a game, having a full release as well as DLC content to get out at the same time is staggering, I have to say I am rather disappointed.

Perhaps ETA's should not be announced unless you have all other issues fully resolved? Studio Wildcard is like the disappointing Dad... "Sorry son, I'll have your bike fixed tomorrow so we can ride on Friday" - Of course Friday comes around and he's probably focusing on something else entirely unrelated...
Remind me again why the website suddenly had enough time/workers available to be updated even amidst all these language/memory issues on XBOX?

You need to prioritise your work. Snazzing up a website with a darker background is NOT a high priority at all... that's all just visuals.
Why don't you stop focusing on screenshot competitions, stop focusing on website design and just focus on fixing the update so you can get your (already failed 2ETA) DLC out to the player-base that keeps listening to the cheery "stay tuned" each time something is delayed. July 4th (Independence Day), a large amount of console players were thoroughly disappointed, most of them just wanting to explore the new map on a red/white/blue Griffin...

Personally it already seems your staff don't even have a clue what's going on at the studio they work at, as Jen tweeted on the 17th:
"I didn't know the changes to rafts had snuck into Xbox already, but you guys can use foundations to extend your rafts again!" - Jen (@bubblywums)
I mean, she's a Community Manager right? Surely she should already be in the know of such updates to inform the community, instead she was clueless on the little update.

I'm not trying to be a bully or anything but sometimes I can't help but wonder, what the heck goes on at the Studio.

Even if the new map is a while off, all I want is to tame/ride/play with a Griffin.
I suppose there's no way of simply porting over the Griffin on its own to at least make up for all the delays and keep console players interested for a while longer?

6 minutes ago, Taggish said:

Although the pressures of updating a game, having a full release as well as DLC content to get out at the same time is staggering, I have to say I am rather disappointed.

Perhaps ETA's should not be announced unless you have all other issues fully resolved? Studio Wildcard is like the disappointing Dad... "Sorry son, I'll have your bike fixed tomorrow so we can ride on Friday" - Of course Friday comes around and he's probably focusing on something else entirely unrelated...
Remind me again why the website suddenly had enough time/workers available to be updated even amidst all these language/memory issues on XBOX?

You need to prioritise your work. Snazzing up a website with a darker background is NOT a high priority at all... that's all just visuals.
Why don't you stop focusing on screenshot competitions, stop focusing on website design and just focus on fixing the update so you can get your (already failed 2ETA) DLC out to the player-base that keeps listening to the cheery "stay tuned" each time something is delayed. July 4th (Independence Day), a large amount of console players were thoroughly disappointed, most of them just wanting to explore the new map on a red/white/blue Griffin...

Personally it already seems your staff don't even have a clue what's going on at the studio they work at, as Jen tweeted on the 17th:
"I didn't know the changes to rafts had snuck into Xbox already, but you guys can use foundations to extend your rafts again!" - Jen (@bubblywums)
I mean, she's a Community Manager right? Surely she should already be in the know of such updates to inform the community, instead she was clueless on the little update.

I'm not trying to be a bully or anything but sometimes I can't help but wonder, what the heck goes on at the Studio.

Even if the new map is a while off, all I want is to tame/ride/play with a Griffin.
I suppose there's no way of simply porting over the Griffin on its own to at least make up for all the delays and keep console players interested for a while longer?

Agree on all accounts. The prospect of exploring a big new (and reportedly awesome) map is whats keeping me interested in the game. Hell most of the stuff I've been doing on the island for the last month+ has been to get ready for Rag.

Each delay just makes me care less and less about the game.

1 hour ago, Taggish said:

there's a very real chance that the web designer is not a game programmer...thus wouldn't have any impact on what's being developed game-side

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

there's a very real chance that the web designer is not a game programmer...thus wouldn't have any impact on what's being developed game-side

Exactly. Casanova is the Web & Video Producer at Wildcard.

It's hard to believe that people constantly think that everyone at Wildcard is responsible for the production of the game and not have different responsibilities from the Developers.

22 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

is money the bottle neck they're facing?

care to provide evidence of that?

I'm guessing, like most businesses, the bottleneck is how much their people can get done

Right, and people cost money. It doesn't really matter if the main bottleneck is people, office space, equipment, or something else because they all cost money. However you look at it, money will always be the bottleneck of any business. Unless you're freaking Google or Apple or something of course! But very few companies get to that level.

7 minutes ago, thisispreston said:

Right, and people cost money. It doesn't really matter if the main bottleneck is people, office space, equipment, or something else because they all cost money. However you look at it, money will always be the bottleneck of any business. Unless you're freaking Google or Apple or something of course! But very few companies get to that level.

don't know about you, but I would have a hard time consciously deciding to hire a person for 2 months of high intensity work, knowing I won't need them soon...I don't like jerking people around like that

head count is a long term vision prospect, not a "we're behind right now, let's screw with someone's life" type of situation

Well, this is number two.  Shall we go for the trifecta of disappointment?  Here's an idea, either stick to your stated release date, or don't post one and only post when it does come out.  I've been paying for a second Xbox account since you first announced Ragnarok to be able to permanently host a server for it.  I've been expecting to be able to stream and record my gameplay, showcasing the update.  But every time you give a release date, you fail to deliver.  I can guarantee that a third time will lose you another large chunk of your player community, and you don't have many remaining as it is because of your broken promises.

3 hours ago, GP said:

I guess the same applies. The team need to be around to deploy game updates, so they need to do it during as reasonably suitable time to them, as otherwise you'd still be expecting them to be up and working at midnight to deploy updates. It's easier for them to deploy updates at times suitable to them than deploy updates at times suitable to millions across the globe.

Wait its not done via a computer or system when the update goes life but manually? That I did not know.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:06 AM, DoJoStarfox said:

So, you think that by releasing a free dlc map to players that already have the game is about making money? Selling their game at 66% off for two years before release, mostly to people that offer them no bug reports whatsoever.. is about making money?

Development studios are rarely the ones obssessed with profits, you guys are thinking of publishers.

releasing a free dlc map to entice people to purchase the game who don't have it already... yes that sounds like a good way to make new money.  And yes, it's a choice of money over quality when the free dlc map is being promised, promoted, hyped and scheduled to drop before the game is finished which I believe was supposed to be over a year ago...

On 7/18/2017 at 2:39 AM, Dresdenphile said:

Well... see if this logic tracks with you: Option A Release new content, focus on bug fixes and optimization, with the fixes themselves potentially breaking the game, causing a higher need for bug fixing, subtracting from the team working on upcoming content, thus delaying the game further from official release in the long run or Option B focus on building up the content of the game, fix only the worst offenders for bugs and hammer hard on quality and optimization during the home stretch. Given the extensiveness of the patch notes from the last 3 major revisions, your complaints about quality seem to be..... misplaced. Will they have a perfect game by release next month? No, probably not rare is it that a massive-in-scope game has a perfect release. Will it be in far better shape? Yes.  After the most recent round of patching, I only have a few issues running this game at 4K60FPS(aside from the odd HDR issue which cuts the FPS down to 1/3)on Epic. Previous to that I was lucky to hit 20-30 FPS. I am noticing fewer and fewer of the formerly persistent problems(hotkeys not working and missing tooltips among them) they are working on the quality, and perhaps if you used this as the internet instead of the bitchernet you might see that.

The bitchernet eh?  How about this logic sir or madam:  Option C, hire a bigger team with the money that you made so that you can create new content and release a better quality game. I will add that it sounds like you're playing on PC.  I had an xbox prior to launch of this game, and when I started to play ark, I decided NOT to purchase a new computer, just for this one game.  And before you say something like, "well that's your fault for only playing on console," please consider this.  Ark is set to release on all three platforms.  The issue here is the constant state of problems Ark has presented and making an excuse like "ark is designed to be played on PC" when a release for console exists is stupid.  

Lastly, I agree, in many ways I have seen great and vast leaps forward toward a better quality ark.  It's only recently that the patches have started to cause major problems to console (not really sure if PC is going through the same thing).  Each patch is followed by another patch that hopes to fix the previous, but with it comes more problems.  It looks and feels rushed.  Again, we wanted QUALITY.  Prior to this, patches were less frequent, but didn't seem to have as many if any negative side effects.  

Archived