Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

2 hours ago, ComradeRyu said:

xDDDD Wow, you actually said all that? "Jeremy Stieglitz knew full well what being an early access game entailed and yet he still made that promise. Which means he fully expects to be able to fulfill the promise, made in an official statement on behalf of the development team, knowing all about the need for changes." It seems to be that you didn't take into consideration the fact that things do change. Even an "official statement". Also thanks, after taking many breaths, I still think you are uhm... "Dense, unintelligent, think, dull"... I guess those words are ok right? If it was that easy to get the rexes they would've done so already. The duped items are broken, and people are still duping to this day. You must not play official. Or if you do SURELY it's PvE for you to have that logic, that this kinda stuff is not gamebreaking :)

There really is no reason to resort to insults and name calling because it really doesn't solve anything.

Now I see the biggest reason for a server wipe is "duping" ok... so they wipe the servers... what do we have then? The same players that are duping right now are still duping. All the server wipe did was slow them down for a couple days. Also, I am seeing a pattern here... the duped items and all of the problems seem to be coming from a small group of PvP players... please explain to me why PvE should once again be punished for the actions of a few PvP players that still haven't figured out how to actually play this game? I say that last part because if they knew how to play they wouldn't have to dupe.

Instead of asking or attempting to encourage a server wipe why not help yourselves out with a little extra money in your pocket. There is a thread here on the forum that tells you everything you need to do to catch and report the people that are ruining the game. You send everything in and after they investigate you could recieve a cash reward for helping them by reporting these people. Otherwise I would be all for the Devs just deciding to eliminate the source of the recent nerfs we've experienced and at the same time they would eliminate the greater majority of duped items. Oh and incase anyone is wondering... that would require doing away with PvP.

Before anyone has a panic attack... no I honestly do not want to see just the PvP servers wiped or eliminated but I am getting tired of being punished for things that only seem to be a problem on official PvP servers and I play on official PvE.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

There really is no reason to resort to insults and name calling because it really doesn't solve anything.

Now I see the biggest reason for a server wipe is "duping" ok... so they wipe the servers... what do we have then? The same players that are duping right now are still duping. All the server wipe did was slow them down for a couple days. Also, I am seeing a pattern here... the duped items and all of the problems seem to be coming from a small group of PvP players... please explain to me why PvE should once again be punished for the actions of a few PvP players that still haven't figured out how to actually play this game? I say that last part because if they knew how to play they wouldn't have to dupe.

Instead of asking or attempting to encourage a server wipe why not help yourselves out with a little extra money in your pocket. There is a thread here on the forum that tells you everything you need to do to catch and report the people that are ruining the game. You send everything in and after they investigate you could recieve a cash reward for helping them by reporting these people. Otherwise I would be all for the Devs just deciding to eliminate the source of the recent nerfs we've experienced and at the same time they would eliminate the greater majority of duped items. Oh and incase anyone is wondering... that would require doing away with PvP.

Before anyone has a panic attack... no I honestly do not want to see just the PvP servers wiped or eliminated but I am getting tired of being punished for things that only seem to be a problem on official PvP servers and I play on official PvE.

Alright, well to keep it plain and simple, this post is not very well thought out :) You say they don't know how to play the game? No, they just found an easier way to "farm" stuff. I'm not saying I defend these people, but I do understand, and in a way, an "illegal" way, they know how to play the game better than you.

You think there's no duping in PvE? :D:D don't fool yourself...

Just FYI this game was made to be a PvP game, hence why the explosives, the tek saddles, etc. They've just caved and started catering to PvE players aswell, because they'd bring in even more revenue I guess? There's just no challenge in this game PvE wise, wouldn't it be refreshing for you to get wiped on PvE? Seeing as at least you'd get a tiny bit of challenge again starting over?

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger42 said:

i doubt a melee nerf would work on those rexes since eggs could easily be put on an ark the same way that ppl have kept illicit bps this whole time since the nerf to items...

That could easily be fix by disabling drops and obs for a 25 hour period. Granted people wouldn't be able to transfer in that time but anything they managed to upload before it was disabled would be deleted after 24 hours... so bye bye to anything duped they were hoping to keep.

3 minutes ago, ComradeRyu said:

Just FYI this game was made to be a PvP game, hence why the explosives, the tek saddles, etc. They've just caved and started catering to PvE players aswell, because they'd bring in even more revenue I guess? There's just no challenge in this game PvE wise, wouldn't it be refreshing for you to get wiped on PvE? Seeing as at least you'd get a tiny bit of challenge again starting over?

Ummm I play on XBox and in the begining it was all about PvE and after several groups started complaining about not being able to kill complete strangers they shifted their focus to PvP. Whichever came first is neither here nor there. The point is, the problems are coming from PvP... some alpha tribes are only alpha because they are cheating... so why not start gathering evidence and maybe put some money in your pocket if you play on a server where there is cheating going on?

4 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

Ummm I play on XBox and in the begining it was all about PvE and after several groups started complaining about not being able to kill complete strangers they shifted their focus to PvP. Whichever came first is neither here nor there. The point is, the problems are coming from PvP... some alpha tribes are only alpha because they are cheating... so why not start gathering evidence and maybe put some money in your pocket if you play on a server where there is cheating going on?

Oh great idea, let me collect some evidence, ill ask someone in that tribe to invite me so i can screenshot their vaults yeah? Or wait, ill organize a raid on them, cuz that's totally viable right? Oh no, ill PROVE that it's one of them that's ddosing the server so they can dupe....

Cappa.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, ComradeRyu said:

Oh great idea, let me collect some evidence, ill ask someone in that tribe to invite me so i can screenshot their vaults yeah? Or wait, ill organize a raid on them, cuz that's totally viable right? Oh no, ill PROVE that it's one of them that's ddosing the server so they can dupe....

Cappa.

So what you are saying is you have no evidence of any of this stuff happening. 

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

Everyone knows it's happening, you can see it on streams, youtube videos, you can see tribes that have thousands upon thousands of tek foundations spammed through the map. You can see in cave raid videos where they find tons of duped stuff in vaults. Plenty of reports of servers being down for being ddosed, why do you think they're being ddosed? for fun? ....

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, ComradeRyu said:

I might not sir, I've seen this on some spartan servers, some old cobra servers and some EE servers, feel free to check for yourself. But this is more than enough as evidence of the duping, is it not? -> 

Nope, just interested in the thousands and thousands of tek foundations.

2 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I'd love to see a show of hands for those who are against the wipe and have never participated in the duping, glitches or exploits that have come about in the time this game has been EA. I bet there wouldn't be many. 

Also if you're against the wipe. Imagine, for a moment if you will, you have just bought the game today and joined an official server as they are now, you take a look at it and wonder how you would manage to play the game given the lack of knowledge and the mess the servers are in. How you would stand a chance against the bases and dinosaurs already 2 years ahead of you. Would you enjoy the game then? Didn't think so. 

I'll go ahead and raise my hand for the count of those who have never duped or used an exploit. I still don't understand how the duping is done because I've never looked into it. It's completely irrelevant to me. Which brings me to your second part.

I'd feel just fine with that scenario and I'm against the wipe.  I play PVE so i have no need to "compete" to be better than the next tribe or the neighboring base I just play my own game. When I first got the game me and a friend messed around on my non-dedi server learning the ends and outs of the game for a few months. By the time we  moved onto an official server it was looking pretty bad. I remember us talking about checking other servers, mind you this was just a few months after launch.  But in just those few months, it looked like a foundation/pillar/raft bomb went off all over the map.  But I had the idea of going to the hardzone where there would be less people.  And we mad a crazy trek across the map to the hard zone and built a base in "alpha land" as I call it. We spent the majority of the last two years playing on the same server in the same location. Imagine the craziness of learning this ridic dino called a giga spawns on the mountain that is just a hop and a skip behind my base.   No one else who has tried to build a base there was able to survive or stuck with the game that long.   Long story short I'd do what I did before and go build where nobody else was building.    I get that you were probably only really thinking of PVP, I notice the PVP crowd does that a lot lol jk.  But the issues you mounted aren't really issues for PVE and perhaps you can understand why I wouldn't be in favor of a wipe. 

2 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I'd love to see a show of hands for those who are against the wipe and have never participated in the duping, glitches or exploits that have come about in the time this game has been EA. I bet there wouldn't be many. 

Also if you're against the wipe. Imagine, for a moment if you will, you have just bought the game today and joined an official server as they are now, you take a look at it and wonder how you would manage to play the game given the lack of knowledge and the mess the servers are in. How you would stand a chance against the bases and dinosaurs already 2 years ahead of you. Would you enjoy the game then? Didn't think so. 

I have no idea how to dupe anything nor would I if I could. I play PvE on official X box servers I'm sure someone on PvE dupes but not sure what the advantage is for that person? The duping issue seems to be almost entirely a PvP problem that I am sure wiping won't solve (well maybe for a week...)

I want no wipe I want what I've spent a year and a half building. I can completely see why people on PvP would be begging for a wipe BUT you should be begging for the problems to be fixed we're a little over a month out from "official release" if the duping isn't fixed and they wipe what ya gonna do? ask for another wipe every 2 or 3 months? Wouldn't it be better if they fixed the problems instead? and if you don't think they will/can fix the problems... where does that leave you???

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nah. What he is saying is that without cheating, you can't prove others are cheating with screenshots. And no way to get devs on the server in time to catch them. And no real attention paid to any cheaters except when cheaters attack dev friends. And that the standards for proof of cheating are ridiculously high, near impossible to do, and get ignored anyway when the GM shows up a month late and does nothing except ban some kid that smartmouths them in general chat.

No, wait, that is what I am saying. Mine. I claim it from the other dude.

4 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I can raise my hand to that. I play official PvE and if I had just bought the game I would find a server and build on it. Believe it or not a majority of the players on the official PvE servers don't mind pulling pillars to make a little room for people. It's all in how you act and ask for those pillars to be removed.

Now here is another question... since it seems most of the people that have posted here play PvE have said they don't want a server wipe(granted some might have said they do want it) and it appears as though the majority of the PvP players do want a wipe(again just a rough guess from what I've seen) why not just wipe PvP? I can't transfer from PvP to PvE(and vice versa) so there's no chance of "cross contamination". There you have it... a win win scenario.

17 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

I can raise my hand to that. I play official PvE and if I had just bought the game I would find a server and build on it. Believe it or not a majority of the players on the official PvE servers don't mind pulling pillars to make a little room for people. It's all in how you act and ask for those pillars to be removed.

Now here is another question... since it seems most of the people that have posted here play PvE have said they don't want a server wipe(granted some might have said they do want it) and it appears as though the majority of the PvP players do want a wipe(again just a rough guess from what I've seen) why not just wipe PvP? I can't transfer from PvP to PvE(and vice versa) so there's no chance of "cross contamination". There you have it... a win win scenario.

You CAN transfer between PVP and PVE, but only if it's the same game mode (aka official to official, but you can't go from unofficial to official. That sort of thing). I should be correct since I moved from an unofficial pvp server to a PVE one before.

I am also in the crowd of never having duped or used an exploit. Anytime I had an issue in the game due to a bug, I just stopped using that feature (aka breeding when it was hard ot do), until it got fixed.

WC just needs to fix the dupping glitches, then do a wipe. That includes anything hiding in the obelisks. It's funny that a lot of the people in here claim that WC can't fix duping bugs...it's their game, I'm sure they can figure it out. Also just google, or look on youtube 'how to dupe in ARK'. you'd be surprised how many results you get.

6 hours ago, Thexone said:

I'll go ahead and raise my hand for the count of those who have never duped or used an exploit. I still don't understand how the duping is done because I've never looked into it. It's completely irrelevant to me. Which brings me to your second part.

I'd feel just fine with that scenario and I'm against the wipe.  I play PVE so i have no need to "compete" to be better than the next tribe or the neighboring base I just play my own game. When I first got the game me and a friend messed around on my non-dedi server learning the ends and outs of the game for a few months. By the time we  moved onto an official server it was looking pretty bad. I remember us talking about checking other servers, mind you this was just a few months after launch.  But in just those few months, it looked like a foundation/pillar/raft bomb went off all over the map.  But I had the idea of going to the hardzone where there would be less people.  And we mad a crazy trek across the map to the hard zone and built a base in "alpha land" as I call it. We spent the majority of the last two years playing on the same server in the same location. Imagine the craziness of learning this ridic dino called a giga spawns on the mountain that is just a hop and a skip behind my base.   No one else who has tried to build a base there was able to survive or stuck with the game that long.   Long story short I'd do what I did before and go build where nobody else was building.    I get that you were probably only really thinking of PVP, I notice the PVP crowd does that a lot lol jk.  But the issues you mounted aren't really issues for PVE and perhaps you can understand why I wouldn't be in favor of a wipe. 

6 hours ago, Lucifina said:

I have no idea how to dupe anything nor would I if I could. I play PvE on official X box servers I'm sure someone on PvE dupes but not sure what the advantage is for that person? The duping issue seems to be almost entirely a PvP problem that I am sure wiping won't solve (well maybe for a week...)

I want no wipe I want what I've spent a year and a half building. I can completely see why people on PvP would be begging for a wipe BUT you should be begging for the problems to be fixed we're a little over a month out from "official release" if the duping isn't fixed and they wipe what ya gonna do? ask for another wipe every 2 or 3 months? Wouldn't it be better if they fixed the problems instead? and if you don't think they will/can fix the problems... where does that leave you???

4 hours ago, Dark2084 said:

4 hours ago, Ulta said:

You CAN transfer between PVP and PVE, but only if it's the same game mode (aka official to official, but you can't go from unofficial to official. That sort of thing). I should be correct since I moved from an unofficial pvp server to a PVE one before.

I am also in the crowd of never having duped or used an exploit. Anytime I had an issue in the game due to a bug, I just stopped using that feature (aka breeding when it was hard ot do), until it got fixed.

WC just needs to fix the dupping glitches, then do a wipe. That includes anything hiding in the obelisks. It's funny that a lot of the people in here claim that WC can't fix duping bugs...it's their game, I'm sure they can figure it out. Also just google, or look on youtube 'how to dupe in ARK'. you'd be surprised how many results you get.

So all four of you never used a Quetz/anky duo for metal runs back when the quetz took no weight when something was on its back? None of you used the water breeding glitch? I could go on....

Not every glitch is a glaringly obvious cheat, but I can imagine you've all used one at some point.

2 hours ago, Dark2084 said:

I just tried going from the official PvE server I played on and no official PvP servers showed up in the transfer list so my game must be broken.

it's not broken, you can't transfer between the two game modes, never have been able to do so. At least not dinos or items, I think you used to be able to upload your character and transfer that only, could be wrong tho.

@YUSHOETMI Why are you singling us out? We are on YOUR side dude...we (or at least I), don't actively TRY to use exploits, or at the very least, I try to make bugs I find known on the forums.

And no I didn't use the water breeding glitch, nor did I even know about it until I frequented the forums a lot. As for the Quetz/Anky thing, no I didn't do that either. I recall something else that was a bit of a bug involving those two, but it wasn't that.

But so what? It's gone now as it should be. some of us stumble upon bugs (like the Quetz/Anky trick for example) and some people actually think it's a legit strat, while bugs like Duping especially are clearly immoral cheating. Fix all those dang bugs and exploits regardless, I'd rather that than taking the easy or unintentional way out.

...also how is this relevant to a topic about server wipes? I'm usually on your side of the fence when it comes to debates sir, but this time you definitely threw me for an unnecessary loop.

3 minutes ago, Ulta said:

@YUSHOETMI Why are you singling us out? We are on YOUR side dude...we (or at least I), don't actively TRY to use exploits, or at the very least, I try to make bugs I find known on the forums.

And no I didn't use the water breeding glitch, nor did I even know about it until I frequented the forums a lot. As for the Quetz/Anky thing, no I didn't do that either. I recall something else that was a bit of a bug involving those two, but it wasn't that.

But so what? It's gone now as it should be. some of us stumble upon bugs (like the Quetz/Anky trick for example) and some people actually think it's a legit strat, while bugs like Duping especially are clearly immoral cheating. Fix all those dang bugs and exploits regardless, I'd rather that than taking the easy or unintentional way out.

...also how is this relevant to a topic about server wipes? I'm usually on your side of the fence when it comes to debates sir, but this time you definitely threw me for an unnecessary loop.

I'm not singling you out as such.  It's just a thing i've noticed in many of these "wipe" threads, the people who are most against the wipe usually are the ones who have built up their bases or amassed large amounts of op dinos by using glitches/exploits that are either still prevalent or fixed some time ago.  My only problem with that, especially when they've been fixed is that a new member stands no chance of catching upto them when they have to do it the slower way that is the standard now.

I'd be more than happy if all the problems from duping/glitches where fixed and they came to a compromise that didn't require a full wipe, but as it stands with the way the servers are it looks impossible.

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived