Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

3 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Well, regarding the ongoing duping that has been going on for over a year or the fact that there are still items out their with 560% durability (longneck) I'm starting to believe they have no idea to get rid of certain items, and that maybe they are tesing things...

Theres been many updates to combat the duping as well tho such as stacked industrial items were taken away and other things only thing left really is to nerf existing items that they arnt going to remove such as those 560 durability BPs 560 isnt insanely high either i got a 270 dmg 450 dura long eck bp from a legit 450% eff rod recently, removing an item is removing an item dosnt matter if its a BP or a piece of thatch they can do it

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

It probably does mean that. That is just one of many things that have happened that point to it

I does kind of seem that way now with all the balances coming out. Seems like WC is trying to level out the playing field now. To me it's starting to look like a wipe is coming but OGCookies made some really good points on the other end of the spectrum.

11 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

It probably does mean that. That is just one of many things that have happened that point to it

A mechanics change doesn't point to a wipe.  There's nothing about changing mind wipe that would require a full server wipe.  If they made another stat change, they could just implement another 1 time wipe.

The reality is, WC has said they don't plan to wipe and they're unlikely to tell us if they've changed their minds because they don't want a mass exodus.

3 minutes ago, eswimm said:

A mechanics change doesn't point to a wipe.  There's nothing about changing mind wipe that would require a full server wipe.  If they made another stat change, they could just implement another 1 time wipe.

The reality is, WC has said they don't plan to wipe and they're unlikely to tell us if they've changed their minds because they don't want a mass exodus.

I completely agree.  I truly believe if they did a full server wipe thats probably the only way they would loose a mass following.  All these other changes are intended to makes the game more challenging and harder to reach the end.  I mean I can remember a time when Mut dinos was never heard of and everyone was racing to have them.  And now everyone has atleast 1 mut heck I give away muts.  haha.  So I seriously doubt there is going to be a full server wipe.

27 minutes ago, phantomman01 said:

I does kind of seem that way now with all the balances coming out. Seems like WC is trying to level out the playing field now. To me it's starting to look like a wipe is coming but OGCookies made some really good points on the other end of the spectrum.

Yeah og has made some good points. I will give him that, and yes there might be a possibility they won't, but I think there is a lot that shows otherwise.

23 minutes ago, eswimm said:

Yes I know that alone doesn't say wipe. If I add that in with everything else though. That's when I think it will happen

49 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Dont think so if anything it encourages players to make new characters i dont think being able to mindwipe is a high priority or calls for a wipe, also they are removing all current fish rods and nerfing bps obtained by them if anything that points to no wipe because why would they bother removing current rods 2 months before they would do said wipe

And the fishing rod and bps is a good point as well og. With the hopes of not starting an argument, you could look at it as they are getting rid of it because they don't want you to have it. Some people already have it so when they wipe as people build up they won't be obtainable anymore. Which if that was their plan it would be a good idea

4 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yes I know that alone doesn't say wipe. If I add that in with everything else though. That's when I think it will happen

I just don't see it.  I could easily argue that removing all existing fishing rods proves there won't be a wipe.  Why get people all pissed off about losing their rods if you're going to wipe everything 2 months later anyway.

EDIT: Whoops, missed that OG said this same thing a few posts above.

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

And the fishing rod and bps is a good point as well og. With the hopes of not starting an argument, you could look at it as they are getting rid of it because they don't want you to have it. Some people already have it so when they wipe as people build up they won't be obtainable anymore. Which if that was their plan it would be a good idea

Thats true i think the one thing we can both agree on wipe or no wipe its good to see WC making significant  changes to balance the game finally

3 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Thats true i think the one thing we can both agree on wipe or no wipe its good to see WC making significant  changes to balance the game finally

Yep, we can definitely agree on that. Some people won't like the changes but once again those are usually the people thinking about themselves and not everyone. Can't wait to see all the changes ahead. With how big the last update was I would say we probably have atleast another 100 changes coming. And thank god none of them will be buffs probably.

10 minutes ago, eswimm said:

I just don't see it.  I could easily argue that removing all existing fishing rods proves there won't be a wipe.  Why get people all pissed off about losing their rods if you're going to wipe everything 2 months later anyway.

EDIT: Whoops, missed that OG said this same thing a few posts above.

I also commented on the fishing rod comment

21 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

16 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yep, we can definitely agree on that. Some people won't like the changes but once again those are usually the people thinking about themselves and not everyone. Can't wait to see all the changes ahead. With how big the last update was I would say we probably have atleast another 100 changes coming. And thank god none of them will be buffs probably.

I agree guys, either way these new changes are a welcomed sight and I can't wait to see what's coming up in the next big one. All good points on both sides!

All official server players with 4000+ hours i know of and didnt uninstall yet say the same:

"pleaaaaaaase let wildcard wipe everything soon so i can finally deinstall it"

xD hahaha i was one of them until the recent patch, that patched my playstyle out of the game lol, not mad about it, 4500+h is enough.

So what do you think like? Are you also like "id like to stop, but im not gonna throw it away on my own will"?

16 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

All official server players with 4000+ hours i know of and didnt uninstall yet say the same:

"pleaaaaaaase let wildcard wipe everything soon so i can finally deinstall it"

xD hahaha i was one of them until the recent patch, that patched my playstyle out of the game lol, not mad about it, 4500+h is enough.

So what do you think like? Are you also like "id like to stop, but im not gonna throw it away on my own will"?

Well hopefully they can help people with that if that is the only thing that will get them to be able to leave.

13 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Well hopefully they can help people with that if that is the only thing that will get them to be able to leave.

xD its funny hahaha you burn yourself on a game and need a wipe to stop lololol 

but they dont really suffer... its not liek they cant, its more like not willing to xD

Besides that i know people (30+ yrs old) who actually cry irl if one of their dinos die... thats another story...

47 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

xD its funny hahaha you burn yourself on a game and need a wipe to stop lololol 

but they dont really suffer... its not liek they cant, its more like not willing to xD

Besides that i know people (30+ yrs old) who actually cry irl if one of their dinos die... thats another story...

Wow. That is pretty bad then. I can only imagine the therapy needed it the wipe does happen ?

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived